“Comfy Room”

Westin Galleria Houston Hotel
Ranked #119 of 506 Hotels in Houston
“Comfy Room”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed the night with a friend on business. Checked in late and the staff was a little slow in checking in. The valets seemed to hover around looking for something to do. The room was very nice and quiet. The beds were very comfortable. The best part of the room was the shower. The rain shower head was the icing on the cake. The next morning, it took a long time to catch an elevator to the lobby for toiletries. Overall I would have to say the stay was nice. My only complaint would be the outrageous prices for both self and valet parking.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Anita J, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Caveman7570,

Thank you for sharing your insight regarding your recent stay at the Westin Galleria Houston. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback as it allows us to uphold the standards of the Westin brand. I apologize your initial encounter upon your arrival was lacking the invigorating Westin experience we intend to offer each guest. I have shared your comments with our Director of Front Office to ensure we are continuously engaging with each of our guests and offering the quality of service our guests have come to expect from our brand. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the remainder of your stay and truly enjoyed the invigorating heavenly shower! We anticipate delivering a revitalizing and rejuvenating experience and the heavenly shower is one of these highlights. We hope you are able to visit us again in the future and continue to experience such a pleasant visit.

Kind Regards,

Anita Jain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great staff…especially Mishal! I told her I was coming into Houston specifically to look for a dress to wear to my son’s wedding. I was hoping she could suggest local stores that specialize in formal wear. She said she would do some research as to the best ones and have a list for me when I arrived. She not only had a full page typed out with directions and commentary on each store, she also had a bottle of wine and snacks delivered to the room to commemorate this special time. She took the worry out of knowing “where to go” and replaced it with a festive, fun experience. And the long note she sent up with the wine was precious! I definitely would recommend this hotel…the location was superb, the rooms were great, and Mishal and the staff truly made me feel welcome and appreciated!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was here for a conference at the hotel, and stayed here because of that. Good service and really friendly staff. I had a problem with my toilet and they fixed it right away. I also appreciate the fact they are environmentally and Eco friendly and reward you for not using housekeeping with the $5 vouchers. My only complaint is that the walls are REALLY thin. I had two really loud people on either side of me, which is not the hotels fault but did make for trouble sleeping at night. I did use the rooftop pool which was nice as well. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Anita J, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Raquel3183,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the Westin Galleria Houston.

I regret to hear you experienced a disruption in your stay. It is never our intention to cause an interruption, however I am pleased to learn your requests were efficiently and professionally resolved providing a comfortable stay. In addition, I am delighted you participated in the Make a Green Choice program and were able to benefit from the $5 vouchers. We strive to take as many environmentally friendly steps as possible. We hope you enjoyed your conference in Houston and hope you have an opportunity to return soon!

Best Regards,

Anita Jain
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed at both Westin Gallerias (Westin Oaks) and I would say that this one is slightly nicer because the staff but the rooms are basically identical.

The gym is decent
The rooms are quite and clean
The staff is friendly enough but definitely doesn't go out of their way
Nothing special but it works when you're traveling for business.
Platinum elite members don't seem to get anything special here, just the bottle of water in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel was clean and acceptable. However, the decor was dated and there was always a long line for the elevator. The staff was very nice.

I'd stay here again as it was better than other area hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Westin Galleria hotel is ideal if you are attending a conference in Houston and want to combine some serious shopping with work. The hotel is joined to a large Mall containing about 400 stores, and also a full sized ice rink.

The rooms are comfortable and spacious, however for safety and security the windows are locked in the closed position. This isn’t a major problem as the rooms are fully air conditioned. The bathroom though not large was perfectly adequate and was stocked with a reasonable selection of toiletries.

The room I occupied had plenty of storage space for clothes and luggage.
I am a light sleeper so I appreciated the fact that the room was well insulated from noise from surrounding rooms.

The hotel facilities include a very well equipped fitness center with multiple treadmills, cross-trainers, free weights, and resistance machines, A Swimming Pool, A Business Center, and a Restaurant. The restaurant is not located within the hotel, but is only a few paces away from the hotel inside the Galleria Mall.

A couple of nice touches are that the hotel provides complimentary bottles of water in the room each day, and the Fitness Center has a selection of complementary fruit (Various Apples, Bananas, Oranges etc..)

The staff were polite and efficient in dealing with checkin/checkout and any requests I had during my stay. I asked for a late checkout (2PM) and they accommodated this at no charge.
Location wise, the hotel is about 15 minutes drive from the George R Brown Convention Center, but this varies depending on traffic/time of day you travel.

Room Tip: If you get offered a room near the lifts, politely request an alternative. The reception staff seee...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

When I checked in on 26th June, they did not have the room I originally booked. Then they transferred me to Westin Galleria from Westin OAK which is much better then OAK and they upgraded me to Parlor suite. Here I would like to mention the name of the staff Myra Tang, who was extremely helpful and courteous treated me like a real guest till my departure from the hotel.

The corridor lights need to be changed from pure white to yellow looked very odd. Take this note seriously.

I would recommend this hotel to all the travelers visiting Houston.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank arshadwm
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear arshadwm,

Thank you for your recent four star review of the Westin Galleria Houston. We appreciate your warm remarks and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure that Myra is recognized for exceeding your expectations during your stay. It is great to know that we delivered on our commitment to presenting the best representation of the Westin brand and experience. I will also be sure to pass along your feedback regarding the lighting in the corridors. We appreciate your feedback very much and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

With kind regards,