“Ok for business travel.”

Westin Galleria Houston Hotel
Ranked #115 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Fremont, California
“Ok for business travel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was here for an event and it turned out to be fine. The location of course is great, you can get anything you need in or around the mall. The hotel itself was ok, very fast wired internet and friendly staff. Some things that could have used some work, my toilet was running and leaking when I arrived, so I had to call the front desk. They sent someone pretty quickly (despite it being around 8 at night) but it wasn't something I wanted to deal with after a long day of flying. They also have beds that are just ok, I was expecting a cloud-like Westin experience and found the bed to be pretty stiff. I also happened to be on the 5th floor facing the pool so I got not only the noise from people, but the noise from the motor. All in all the hotel was ok, but I think your experienced is based on the room you get.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Greetings tevans14,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We value all forms of guest feedback and appreciate you providing us with an opportunity for improvement. We are pleased that your event was pleasant and that you found our internet connectivity to be to your expectations. We also appreciate you warm comments regarding our friendly staff. It is unfortunate that you encountered challenges during your stay that caused a negative disruption to your Westin experience. We would greatly like to do more research into which room you occupied so that we can work to resolve the challenges you mentioned. Please feel free to contact us at WECARE@WESTIN.COM so that we can work to alleviate these issues. Again, we thank you for your feedback and look forward to any future opportunities to have you as our guest again in the future.

Guest Relations Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Vienna, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Recently stayed at this Westin while on business travel. Location is great and allows for easy mall access if you have some downtime - outside of the mall, you will need a rental car as it will be tough to get around the suburban sprawl. Rooms were very spacious and very clean. Very nice heavenly shower. Service was on par with most other Westins. Valet parking was pricey, so if you want to save some $$$ I would suggest you self-park.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was here for a conference and had a very nice experience. The staff greeted me pleasantly at check in and noticing my room was near the elevator, offered to move me further away from potential noise and also offered to move my co-worker to the same floor I was on for convenience. The room was comfortable and spacious, bed was very nice and loved the rainfall shower head! The facility was clean, and the work out room was very nicely equipped and open all night. The conference rooms were very nice, and food provided from snacks to the buffet dinner were excellent. Being connected to a huge mall was very nice as well, did not have to travel to get to shops in my free time in the evening. With a lot of time to spare after check out before my flight, it was wonderful that they let you check your luggage with them until you need to leave for the airport. Overall, great service and facility, would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor provides a beautiful view of the city's skyline!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Greetings Michele S,

Thank you for your five star rating of your recent experience at the Westin Galleria. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your uplifting feedback. We are pleased that our Front Desk staff and Convention Services team delivered on our commitment to exceeding your expectations as our guest. I will be sure that your commendations are passed along to the appropriate parties so they can share your warm remarks with the staff. We look forward to the next opportunity and privilege to have you as our guest if your travels bring you back to the Galleria area of Houston.

With warm regards,
Mauritius
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We booked on line and got a very good rate for this hotel and received an upgrade on arrival to one of the suites which was enormous! Staff were friendly and helpful and wireless internet was free. The lobby bar is pleasant for a coffee or a drink or there are many food and beverage choices in the mall. As I wanted to shop in Houston the location with direct access to the mall was excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings Zikomo,

Thank you for your recent four star rating on Tripadvisor.com. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and pleased that you found the value, service, and location to be to your expectations. We certainly appreciate your warm feedback and graciously look forward to our next opportunity to have you as our guest.

Regards,
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was here last year and had a very pleasant experience so I decided to try again. I was not disappointed. In this age of people changing jobs rapidly, I found it very refreshing to see familiar faces upon my return. Most remarkably the fact that Hubert Collins would remember me made me feel extremely special. Apparently we were here during a dancing competition or something and decided not to go out but to order room service so as to not deal with the crowds and as soon as Hubert arrived with our order he remembered us on sight. Why you all have him hid on your overnight shift I will never understand the other waiters we experienced were less than friendly. You all also have some of the best bellmen in the world. If I could do away with one thing it would be the fiasco that is called a parking garage. There has to be a way to park closer to the hotel without having to pay 20plus dollars. All in all very good hotel glad I came back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Greetings Kelsey Y,

Thank you for your recent feedback on Tripadvisor.com. We are pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and we will be sure that Hubert and our bell staff receive your warm remarks on their service. We do apologize that your experience with the surrounding parking options was less than you envisioned. You may be interested to know that there is complementary parking in any of the Galleria Garage spaces for the hotel, the nearest of which is located in the Brown Garage. I do apologize if this information was not communicated to you during your stay.

Again we are thrilled that your overall experience was pleasant and we look forward to having you as our guests again in the future. We openly welcome you back and look forward to providing you with a refreshing and rejuvenating Westin experience.

With warm regards,
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable, soft yet firm bed, providing all the support for a good night sleep. Check in was a breeze. Room was clean and spacious. Love the Starbucks coffee in the room, easy to prepare and no mess at all.
Hotel is connected to a huge mall, with lots of great shops and restaurants. Hotel front desk even provided me with a map of the mall which came in really handy, you will need it i assure you.
Stayed for a week and did nit find any faults with the staff, hotel service was fine with me.
Hotel is within walking distance (about 10 mins) to the Williams waterwall, which is well worth a visit.

• Stayed February 2013
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I'm only writing to tell those of you with vehicles like mine that are over 8'-8" tall that parking here is next to IMPOSSIBLE! After calling on my cell phone and circling for 50 minutes (for real), it was finally the Galleria MALL's security (not the hotel's) that kindly let me park my 9'-7" Sprinter Van (RV) in the mall's underground truck garage. The hotel's staff (2) told me wrong info twice... leading me into a very frustrating goose-chase for much of my 50 minutes of circling. The only option seems to be to have the hotel valet park your vehicle. Nope, not interested. What was MOST disconcerting was the GM was already gone (6pm) and the front desk manager, whom I met and told in person, merely said "Oh, they told you wrong..." NO apology even after saying I had just driven 9 hours to get there, was tired, was given incorrect info, etc. WHAT IS WRONG WITH SAYING, "We are SO sorry that you had to be inconvenienced?" much less offering me an iced tea at that point. I am understanding, upbeat and positive most all of the time... until management drives me to frustration and anger. Argh...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear DavidandAngela,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Tripadvisor.com. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of our staff for the communication challenges you endured during your stay. It is unfortunate that you were not provided with accurate directions to a suitable parking area. We strive to accommodate our guests’ needs accurately and efficiently and we sincerely apologize for failing to deliver on this commitment to you. It is also regrettable that the level of service you encountered is not an accurate reflection of the level of service we strive to maintain. I apologize that this exception caused a disruption to your Westin experience and that the encounters created a negative impression for you.

We gladly invite you to be our guest again if your travels bring you back to the Houston Galleria area. If we can be of any assistance with your future travels, please feel free to contact us at wecare@westin.com. We look forward to the privilege of providing you with a renewed experience that meets if not exceeds your expectations.