“World-class shopping and a great night's sleep!”

Westin Galleria Houston Hotel
Ranked #107 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Westin is right inside the Houston Galleria so you're steps from world-class luxury indoor shopping - seriously tempting when your reason for being here is a conference for work! I had sessions at the Westin Oaks, which is a 10-minute walk away from the Westin Galleria through the mall, so attendees shopped both before and after meetings!

As for the Westin itself, check-in was efficient. Inside the room, everything was clean although the shampoo bottle was only half-full and left over from a previous guest's stay. There were wrapped plastic cups in the bathroom, and a complimentary bottle of water on the dresser. The shower curtain rod is one of the curved type, giving more elbow room for showering, and the shower head was a fancy square Kohler rain shower.

The bed was just the right amount of firm, and linens were crisp. I'm not sure if all rooms have this issue, but mine faced a busy road that seemed to have traffic all night long, so it was a bit noisy. All said, I would definitely stay here again and bring more spending money (!).

One last thing to say - I left my computer's charging cord in one of the Westin Oaks' meeting rooms and didn't realize it until I got back home, several states away. I called the hotel at midnight, and the security teams at both the Westin Galleria and Westin Oaks immediately searched for the power cord, and found it. They called as soon as they located it to ease my mind. This is service! I just paid for FedEx delivery to get it back. Props to Terence and Julio for their rapid response.

Room Tip: Ask about a quiet location away from road noise

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My daughter and I recently stayed at this hotel and enjoyed every minute! Clean, comfortable, and the amenities are super. Love love love having the Galleria so accessible! Thank you, we will stay here again soon!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Travlingirl3457,

We appreciate your 5-star review of the Westin Galleria. We strive in providing an exhilarating and refreshing atmosphere for our guests and we are thrilled to hear that we fulfilled our commitment to you! We are glad to hear that the accessibility of the Galleria mall aided in providing you a well-rounded stay. We look forward to having the privilege of hosting you and your daughter in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is my 5th time to stay at this hotel. The accommodations seem to improve every year, along with the service provided by the staff. Connected to the Galleria, there is no need to leave the area: you can find just about anything you may need! The conference facilities are excellent for any type of meetings. I highly recommend Westin Galleria Houston Hotel. Once you check in, it is very hard to leave!

Room Tip: There is no need for tips. Any room will satisfy your needs.

Dear TxCrab,

Thank you for your kind review of the Westin Galleria. We appreciate all guest feedback and value your insight. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your accommodations and the convenient location of our hotel. We are privileged to have you as a continued patron and look forward to continue providing you with an invigorating and rejuvenating conference!

Best regards,

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Connected to the Galleria there is no need to leave with everything you need at hand. Hotel was the usual Westin (high) standard and the staff are very helpful. Conference facilities are excellent and overall highly recommended.

Dear Craig-Stevenson,

Thank you for your 5-star review of the Westin Galleria. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to provide you with an exhilarating conference experience. We are glad that you were able to utilize our location to your convenience. It would be our privilege to host you again if your travels ever bring you back to the Houston Galleria area. Thank you once more for your kind review and best wishes.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

First time staying here, but it won't be the last. Rooms are spacious and seem newly renovated. Hotel was very busy, but staff was friendly and efficient, making check in a breeze. Location in the Galleria offers access to great shopping ,dining, and nearby business district.

• Stayed: February 2013
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Ttrahan1,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Galleria! We strive in providing a heavenly and tranquil atmosphere for our guests to be able to relax and rejuvenate; we are thrilled that we were able to provide this for you. It is great that our location assisted in providing you with an all-around exhilarating visit and we look forward to being able to host you in your future visits to the Houston Galleria area! Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

There isn't much to say about the rooms themselves. It is a standard Westin. Great, wonderfully comfortable beds, good working space, could use more electrical outlets, and in general comfortable and well furnished without being extravagant. The hotel is located in (literally in) the huge Galleria Shopping Mall in Houston, allowing you to walk from the hotel directly into the mall, and take advantage of the wide variety of food and shopping available there without stepping foot outside. Be careful, however, because this mall has TWO Westins -- this one, and the entirely separate Westin Oaks. They are on opposite ends of the mall. I accidentally arrived at the Westin Oaks without realizing the difference, and by the time the front desk realized my mistake the valet had already removed my car. No problem. The front desk provided me with a map showing me how to walk inside the mall from one Westin to the other, and they moved my car to the other hotel. A bit inconvenient but it was my own fault, and the Westin Oaks staff was extremely accomodating. The other downside (and it is a mixed blessing) is that the hotel uses the mall parking garages as its self park area. Having parked in those garages and knowing how massive and confusing they can be (the valet at the Westin Oaks could not really describe to me the easiest way to park there and get back to the hotel), I opted for the relatively expensive valet parking instead. I assume self-park would be free since the mall parking is free.

Greetings Wedgewood,

Thank you for taking the time to review your past stay at the Westin Galleria. We are grateful for all guest feedback as it affords us the opportunity to grow in our guest services. We apologize for the confusion between the two towers but I am elated to hear that our front desk was able to direct you to the correct tower. I am also glad to hear that our valet was able to move your car from one tower to the other without any hassle. As we share our parking with the mall, you are correct that self-parking is free, and I apologize that this was not communicated to you. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Houston Galleria area that you will give us the privilege of hosting you once again. Thank you once more for your kind post and looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have been alternating between the Westin Galleria and Westin Galleria Oaks for the past couple of months. Here are some thoughts on the Westin Galleria:

Pros: Friendly staff, nice gym, nice showers, attached to the mall, Make a Green Choice is great.

Cons: Elevators are terrible, parking can be farther away, no SPG platinum room upgrades (at least none that I have experienced), wired internet rarely works or cords are missing (wireless internet works just fine)

This is property is as fancy as some other Westin's around the US, but it is one of the better hotels in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CWGators22
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear CWGators,

Thank you for your review of the Westin Galleria. We appreciate all guest feedback and are grateful for incite. We are thrilled that our staff has provided you with friendly service. We are pleased to hear that our Heavenly shower and Westin Workout facilities has attributed to you enjoying your stays. We are a convention hotel and it is regrettable, due to occupancy, we have not been able accommodate your Platinum upgrade. I sincerely apologize for the Ethernet cables not being available in your rooms and for the elevators. We appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to hosting you in the future.