“Annual Conference”

Westin Galleria Houston Hotel
Ranked #106 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is my 5th time to stay at this hotel. The accommodations seem to improve every year, along with the service provided by the staff. Connected to the Galleria, there is no need to leave the area: you can find just about anything you may need! The conference facilities are excellent for any type of meetings. I highly recommend Westin Galleria Houston Hotel. Once you check in, it is very hard to leave!

Room Tip: There is no need for tips. Any room will satisfy your needs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear TxCrab,

Thank you for your kind review of the Westin Galleria. We appreciate all guest feedback and value your insight. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your accommodations and the convenient location of our hotel. We are privileged to have you as a continued patron and look forward to continue providing you with an invigorating and rejuvenating conference!

Best regards,
Jennifer Rincon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Connected to the Galleria there is no need to leave with everything you need at hand. Hotel was the usual Westin (high) standard and the staff are very helpful. Conference facilities are excellent and overall highly recommended.

Dear Craig-Stevenson,

Thank you for your 5-star review of the Westin Galleria. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to provide you with an exhilarating conference experience. We are glad that you were able to utilize our location to your convenience. It would be our privilege to host you again if your travels ever bring you back to the Houston Galleria area. Thank you once more for your kind review and best wishes.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

First time staying here, but it won't be the last. Rooms are spacious and seem newly renovated. Hotel was very busy, but staff was friendly and efficient, making check in a breeze. Location in the Galleria offers access to great shopping ,dining, and nearby business district.

• Stayed: February 2013
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Ttrahan1,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Galleria! We strive in providing a heavenly and tranquil atmosphere for our guests to be able to relax and rejuvenate; we are thrilled that we were able to provide this for you. It is great that our location assisted in providing you with an all-around exhilarating visit and we look forward to being able to host you in your future visits to the Houston Galleria area! Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

There isn't much to say about the rooms themselves. It is a standard Westin. Great, wonderfully comfortable beds, good working space, could use more electrical outlets, and in general comfortable and well furnished without being extravagant. The hotel is located in (literally in) the huge Galleria Shopping Mall in Houston, allowing you to walk from the hotel directly into the mall, and take advantage of the wide variety of food and shopping available there without stepping foot outside. Be careful, however, because this mall has TWO Westins -- this one, and the entirely separate Westin Oaks. They are on opposite ends of the mall. I accidentally arrived at the Westin Oaks without realizing the difference, and by the time the front desk realized my mistake the valet had already removed my car. No problem. The front desk provided me with a map showing me how to walk inside the mall from one Westin to the other, and they moved my car to the other hotel. A bit inconvenient but it was my own fault, and the Westin Oaks staff was extremely accomodating. The other downside (and it is a mixed blessing) is that the hotel uses the mall parking garages as its self park area. Having parked in those garages and knowing how massive and confusing they can be (the valet at the Westin Oaks could not really describe to me the easiest way to park there and get back to the hotel), I opted for the relatively expensive valet parking instead. I assume self-park would be free since the mall parking is free.

Greetings Wedgewood,

Thank you for taking the time to review your past stay at the Westin Galleria. We are grateful for all guest feedback as it affords us the opportunity to grow in our guest services. We apologize for the confusion between the two towers but I am elated to hear that our front desk was able to direct you to the correct tower. I am also glad to hear that our valet was able to move your car from one tower to the other without any hassle. As we share our parking with the mall, you are correct that self-parking is free, and I apologize that this was not communicated to you. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Houston Galleria area that you will give us the privilege of hosting you once again. Thank you once more for your kind post and looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have been alternating between the Westin Galleria and Westin Galleria Oaks for the past couple of months. Here are some thoughts on the Westin Galleria:

Pros: Friendly staff, nice gym, nice showers, attached to the mall, Make a Green Choice is great.

Cons: Elevators are terrible, parking can be farther away, no SPG platinum room upgrades (at least none that I have experienced), wired internet rarely works or cords are missing (wireless internet works just fine)

This is property is as fancy as some other Westin's around the US, but it is one of the better hotels in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CWGators22
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear CWGators,

Thank you for your review of the Westin Galleria. We appreciate all guest feedback and are grateful for incite. We are thrilled that our staff has provided you with friendly service. We are pleased to hear that our Heavenly shower and Westin Workout facilities has attributed to you enjoying your stays. We are a convention hotel and it is regrettable, due to occupancy, we have not been able accommodate your Platinum upgrade. I sincerely apologize for the Ethernet cables not being available in your rooms and for the elevators. We appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here for a conference and LOVED it! Plenty of HOT water and plenty of towels! We loved the size of the room and the fact that we didn't have to go outdoors in the weather to shop. We would definitely recommend it to our friends! Everyone we came in contact with was very courteous and helpful from the valet to the people who cleaned our rooms. We could not have had any better service! Our room had a refrigerator and a room safe, neither of which did we did not expect to see. I had no problems with using the internet on my iPad. The beds were very comfortable. The room was well appointed. We had everything we could possibly need. There was even an option to rent exercise clothing for $5.00 if we wanted them. We had a wonderful stay and we are recommending this hotel to another group for their annual meeting as all of the meeting rooms are excellent. We cannot say enough good about this hotel and our stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is fine. It is a great location being in the mall. A little ridiculous to have to pay so much for Wi-Fi. I won't stay here again due to the lack of security though. When I stayed here alone for a business trip someone knocked on my door at midnight. I peeked thru the hole in the door and it was the cleaning lady I had seen earlier that day on my floor. When I looked out the door hole from an angle there was a man standing up against the wall hiding. I didn't answer or say anything and neither did they. Then I heard the stairwell door shut. Obliviously it was some kind of scam. If it were a legit visit from the cleaning lady she would have something and not come to my door at midnight. Women beware of this hotel. Something weird is going on there. I called security and didn't hear anything back from the hotel. I left the next morning.

Room Tip: Stay away from the stairwells.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank tnostrud
Jamilah G, Executive Assistant at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Greetings tkitkes,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with detailed feedback regarding your experience. We would like an opportunity to speak with you in further detail concerning your experience. Please contact us galle@westin.com at your earliest convenience with reference to your review.

Your comments give us invaluable insight to which we can utilize for improvement. We truly regret and sincerely apologize for the challenge you endured regarding the knock at your door. At Westin Galleria Houston, the safety and security of our guests is very important to us. We understand how frightening this situation must have been and we empathize with you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,