“Nice and clean”

Ranked #117 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Russellville, Kentucky
“Nice and clean”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel was nice and clean. The only negative thing is when I checked in I was told that my room was next to the elevator and would that be ok...I asked if I could hear the elevator in my room and she said no. I said fine..no problem. Well be advised that you can hear the elevator running and the ding each time it stops. Not too big of a deal but I am a light sleeper so it was a little annoying. Next time I will know to say NO to being next to it :) All the staff at the hotel were very friendly and professional. The room was very clean! I loved being connected to the mall. I was there for doctor appointments so it was nice in between all that to be able to wander around the mall.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Greetings BelindaH1954,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your stay at the Westin Galleria and for the four star review. We are thrilled that your overall experience was pleasant and that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the guest room. We do apologize for the misunderstanding upon check-in regarding honoring your room request. We regret any inconveniences this created. If you find yourself in the Houston Galleria area again, we hope that we have an opportunity to provide you with a better impression of our service.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The hotel is beautiful. The rooms were very nice, bedding was great, the gym was very nice, etc. The galleria has incredible shopping and it's nice to be able to walk out the door and go to any store you want. Parking is confusing because they are on a 1 way street. You can pay to valet for $30 a night, or park for free in the Macy's brown parking lot and walk along the road with your bags to get in.
24 hour wifi was $10 a night for "standard" service or you could upgrade to a higher speed for a higher price.
The front desk was excellent - service was excellent. I wish they had a hotel lobby bar or attached restaurant, but I guess they consider the restaurant in the mall up the escalator to be enough of a hotel restaurant for them.
Overall I'd stay here again on business - only because I booked to the room at $100 on Hotwire. I think it's regularly $249.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear theblondegirl,

Thank you for your recent four star review of the Westin Galleria Houston. We are pleased that you found the service, room quality, hotel amenities, and in-room comforts to be satisfying. We appreciate your feedback on your stay and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Warm regards,
Johnson City, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Have stayed multiple times at both the Westin Oaks and Westin Galleria, and they are virtually twins of each other. Good Westin experience at both, with comfortable bedding. A pet peeve of mine is that neither the Galleria nor the Oaks have plug ins available near the nightstands. This is a little thing but noticeable to me.

The hotel was quiet. No restaurant in the normal hotel sense, but they have a deal with the Daily Grill just inside the mall area that allows direct room charges--and that is an excellent substitute for typical hotel diners!

If you need to be at or near the Galleria Mall or Williams Tower, this hotel is fine. Just don't expect a higher-end Westin.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Greetings pletchm,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide your review on Tripadvisor.com. We value all forms of feedback and appreciate your comments. We are happy to hear that your sleeping accommodations met your expectations in regard to comfort. We will be sure to pass this information regarding the nightstands along as we are always looking for opportunities to improve in every aspect of our Westin experience. We look forward to the privilege of having you as our guest again in the future.

Warm regards,
austin
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've stayed here a couple times when I don't need to be in the downtown area. It can be a bit confusing, since there are two Westin in the Galleria. My first stay, I ended up at the wrong one and ended up walking my luggage through the mall to the other. Anyway, it's fine. Nothing special but nothing wrong. Standard rooms. Views include the parking lot. My advice, assuming you're self-parking in the garage, is to take a look ahead of time, so you can get a relatively close spot.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Boston
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at the Westin for a business conference. All of the employees were helpful and genuinely seemed to like their jobs. The rooms were very spacious and the beds extremely comfortable. Very nice bathroom and shower and as one would expect and meticulously clean. My only complaint was I could not get the room cooled down enough. The thermostat read 65, but no way! We had meals at the conference, and the quality of the food was also very good. If you like to shop, this is the hotel for you. Connects directly to the mall on two floors and there is just about every store you would need. There is also a skating rink in the middle of the mall which is a great place to people watch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
westin_oaks, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Cinrac222, Thanks for taking a moment to share your Westin Galleria experience with us on Trip Advisor! We so appreciate you recognizing our staff for their exemplary service & efforts and it is uplifting to know you enjoyed our modern room accommodations, Westin Heavenly Bed & Bath, food quality and convenience to the Galleria Mall. However, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the troubles you encountered in cooling your room. This must have been inconvenient and frustrating to say the least and I empathize with you. I would like to know which room you occupied so I can have our engineering team look into this. Please share your stay details with me via email at Galle@Westin.com and reference this review. Your invaluable feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward in welcoming you back as our guest. Be Well, Danny
Laredo, Texas
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The hotel is very beautiful and the staff is very friendly and helpful, The rooms looked great, beds are super soft,slept like a baby, and it's very convienent knowing that the mall is part of the hotel...Can't wait to stay here again.... Thank you Westin galleria

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Greetings Heather N Louie R,

We greatly appreciate the five star review you posted regarding your stay at the Westin Galleria Houston. We are absolutely thrilled that your expectations were met by our service standards and our guest room features. We thank you for the warm remarks and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Kind Regards,
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was my second stay at the Westin Galleria. It is a great hotel in the heart of downtown next to everything. It straddles the Galleria, with some of the best shopping in Texas. The rooms are well appointed. It has a cozy and super clean work out room with fruit and bottled water. Meeting rooms are elegant. Most important, the staff are exceedingly helpful and warm.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Benjamin M, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Mark L,

Thank you for the uplifting feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Galleria Houston. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that the Westin experience met your expectations. We appreciate you taking time to share your comments with us and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Regards,