Westin Galleria Houston Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
JW Marriott Houston(Houston)
  • Restaurant
1,026 results
All reviewsheavenly bedself parkinglocation is greatrooms are largeeasy accessbusiness centerhotel restaurantbusiness tripenjoyed my stayconferencevaletgymgarageconveniencestarbucksproscons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2007

Pretty mediocre. My phone didn't work when I arrived and they couldn't replace it. I called the front desk from my cellphone because they wouldn't answer the Service Express button or couldn't reach the Operator from my second phone. Wakeup call came 45 minutes late. Despite a sign stating there were certain amenities in the room, they weren't there (ie: Panna water). Clean comfortable room but that's it. Not a great advertisement for Westin.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank 649ic
Reviewed October 4, 2007

With so many hotels in Houston (especially in the Galleria area) I won't ever stay at this hotel again - there has got to be better options.

My problems began when we arrived at the hotel and spent an hour driving around trying to figure out which parking garage that we were supposed to park in - the instructions given to us by the valet were not correct, and I called the hotel twice and talked to two different people trying to figure out where to park and none of them were able to tell us. We finally ended up where we THOUGHT we should be and went to an elevator to get down to the bottom of the parking garage and the elevator was broken - we then found another spot next to the mall entrance (that said Westin on the door) but when we walked in we were in the middle of the mall - another call to the hotel and the person that answered still couldn't tell us where to go - finally frustred, hot, miserable and angry, we just went and valet parked (for a rate of $24 a night). No where were there signs directing hotel guests where to park!

I went in to the front desk to check in and complained about the parking to the front desk and the guy said he'd give me a $50 food and beverage credit - I asked him if he would comp our valet charges instead (for our 3 nights) and they wouldn't do it.

I then got to my room and tried to connect to the internet and I couldn't connect. I called the front desk to ask for help and they told me to call a help number - turns out it's a call center in India - I talked to the guy for 20 mins (barely able to understand what he was saying) and finally hung up. I don't believe that I should have to talk to a guy in India for 20 mins at a business class hotel. They should have automatically changed my room or sent a guy up to look at the connection. I ended up calling the front desk and after a bit of run around they finally gave me a new room (with internet that worked). So... over 2 hours from the time I arrived in front of the hotel I FINALLY was settled into my room.

The beds were fantastic and the room was OK - definitely dated - floorboards were scuffed, carpet stained, furniture chipped etc. The shower fixtures worked great but just looked old.

I was there for a conference and I the conference rooms did not have good sound proofing and the chairs were so uncomfortable everyone was constantly shifting in their seats.

Between the parking situation (where I believe they purposely don't tell you where to park so you will valet) and the internet problem - I will never stay at this property again.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank mlejoy
Reviewed September 27, 2007

I paid a corporate rate of $150 but noted this room was going for over $300 on starwood.com. You know how some hotels spend all the money on the lobby and not on the room? This is not one of them. They have not spend money anywhere at this property. It was clean, conveniently located and the room was large, just not up to what I consider Westin standards. There are two Westins at the Galleria and they both appear to be the same, I've stayed in both. Personally I prefer the Westin Oaks for it's location to the food court and Westheimer Road.

This place just need a major remodel.

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank DallasBanker
Reviewed July 15, 2007

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 8, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Westin for one evening. We requested a $150 rate through priceline.com and they took it, so the price was right. The entire staff was very friendly and prompt, from the porter to the front desk to the concierge. When I called down in the evening to ask for a toothbrush, an attendant was at our door within two minutes. Room service the next morning was prompt and courteous.

The hotel itself was quiet and the room/bed was comfortable. There was no bad odors or stains - everything was clean and fresh. The location was phenomenal as you literally step out of the elevator and walk right into the mall.

Overall, this is a solid hotel and we will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)