“This is the place!”

Ranked #1 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Midlothian, Texas
“This is the place!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I come to Houston all the time on business and have been hopping from hotel to hotel looking for the one I can settle on as a home away from home... someplace that doesn't have the head-board mounted to the wall. This is the place. The front desk staff were very welcoming on my entrance as were the valet staff. The rooms are super clean and have a feeling of being outfitted above the very reasonable price I paid to stay here. I especially enjoy that the hotel has brass fixtures throughout and most of the furnishings are old-school Texas period-looking items like the massive leather seats in the lobby.

The bistro is a bit more pricey than I normally look for however the food was delicious so I suppose the adage that one gets what one has paid for holds true. Dino, the bartender is a very pleasant and interesting fellow to chat with while demolishing the Lancaster Burger I had.

The buffet breakfast was better than most I have had while on the road and the wait staff was quite accommodating.

Michelle, the sales manager, was very helpful taking time to show me around the building and chatting about the history.

The train is only three blocks away which makes getting around very simple.

One thing I always note about anywhere I go is the attitude of the staff. Are they happy? Do they seem to be taken care of by the management? I must say that every person I ran into while staying here seemed to be very happy to work here and had genuine smiles on their faces. That makes a huge difference to me because I am a chatty guy and it is always more fun to talk to people who are happy themselves.

I have nothing to say that is negative about this hotel. Great stay. Clean clean clean. Service was superlative. Food was great. I am definitely coming back when in Houston.

THANKS LANCASTER STAFF!

Room Tip: I had an XX02 room. This room was fine for me however there is a view into the offices across from...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Dallas
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I am traveling to Houston quite a bit now for business and the Lancaster is very close to my Houston office. It is an older hotel but it is a great value. With the room rate came breakfast, wine/happy hour and free internet. The rooms are very spacious with a couch and chair. They were also very clean. I had dinner in the restaurant and while I was one of only two tables, the food was very good. The hotel is located near the theater/historical district so plenty of places to walk to. Only downside was their 2 elevators were having issues. One was shut down completely, and you had to wait a while to get the other one. Hopefully thos issues will be cleared up soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Lancaster Hotel in Houston Tx, From the start, we were treated in a superior fashion. The hotel looked great and even though there is an ongoing upgrade to the facility, we were hardly aware of it. The room was spotless and quiet. The amenities were luxurious and the staff could not have been more courteous and helpful. In short, we loved it and will return soon. Also within easy walking distance to great restaurants and bars and the downtown music scene from classical to blues to rock and roll.

Room Tip: odd numbered rooms are generally larger
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The newly refurbished Lancaster Hotel is in a great location for all the downtown Houston events--operas, ballet, theater, symphony, Hobby Center movies, convention events. The food at the Bistro is excellent and there are many other restaurants close by as well. Everyone is friendly, including the courtesy car drivers who will take you to other downtown area locations. It is an excellent value for the price in a city the size of Houston. The Lancaster is always my first choice when I come to Houston.

Room Tip: It is quieter on the upper floors. Less street noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I live in the suburbs of Houston, yet we come to the Lancaster from time to time for a weekend getaway. It's fun to stay downtown and attend a concert or play and stay at the Lancaster ! The rooms are clean and charming - the beds very comfortable. The staff is so nice. We had so much fun laughing with Russell at the front desk !!
We've also enjoyed the Bistro for years for date nights and for business lunches. Creative, flavorful dishes served in elegant presentation at affordable prices, make it a special place to enjoy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Very pretty historic boutique hotel located in the arts district downtown. Great place to stay within walking distance of the opera, symphony or Bayou Music Center. Very reasonably priced and the buffet breakfast they include with the room is excellent. They recently re-modeled and the rooms are nicely done. We had two rooms and while they weren't huge they certainly were adequate and include a refrigerator and a safe in the closet. They are upgrading the elevators and only one was in service during our visit but that is a temporary problem. Nice place, good value, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed here with my dad over the weekend and it was a nice hotel. The room was a little on the small side, but the decor was very old and beautiful! We were going out to dinner the first night and asked the valet to call us a cab, but because the restaurant was less than 3 miles away from the hotel one of the valet drove us there AND picked us up. They were so sweet! The rest of the staff, however, weren't as charming. Overall it was a very nice stay but definitely not over-the-top amazing.

Room Tip: 1104 was small but very pretty and had a nice skyline view!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family