The Houstonian has a wonderful feel and the surrounding property allows you to forget you are in the middle of a major city. There are areas to walk around the campus and it also is very close to Memorial Park so runners can leave the property and have a number of trails to enjoy. The rooms were pretty typical of an upscale hotel although the bathrooms are very small. The Houstonian Club is included in the stay and is an outstanding gym. A pro that we noticed was the free daycare for up to 3 hours at the Club while you workout, get a spa treatment or swim in the pool. Would recommend also a room on the concierge floor where there is a continental breakfast and snacks throughout the day. We received a wedding party rate which was very reasonable so I cannot speak to the value when it relates to the typical cost of a stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Houston’s historic gems, this property is known for its grace, comfort and unparalleled guest experience. Located in the heart of Houston, The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa is a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star, 18-acre retreat that defines authentic Texas luxury. The floor-to-ceiling wooded views envelop guests in a natural environment while offering the modern amenities and luxuries of home. Local areas of interest such as Downtown Houston, Memorial Park and The Galleria are just minutes away, offering guests the opportunity to escape into the city – not from it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Houstonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Houstonian Hotel Houston
- Houstonian Hotel Houston
- Houstonian Resort Houston