I traveled here in February during the Snowmageddon for a business trip and was stranded for 2 additional days while I waited for the DC airports to reopen. The hotel service was great - there were always multiple people in lobby there to help you, and everyone was very friendly with no attitude problems. Even though the hotel was sold out, they were able to accommodate me for additional nights as cancellations opened up. The beds were very comfortable and my room overlooked a wooded area. The food in Olivette restaurant was excellent. The hotel seemed to mostly attract male travelers, I did not see many women except those from my own organization who were there for the same meeting.
One of the big attractions of this hotel is the fitness complex with 3 outdoor pools (I believe they were all heated), and huge gym with indoor track, full size basketball court, pilates room, spinning, and more. The locker rooms had luxurious lounges with free coffee and tea, plus there was a cafe inside the gym for those who wanted more. The pool water was quite warm, so even though the temps were in the 40's-50's you could still swim outdoors or of course use the outdoor hot tub. There was also the Trellis Spa which had an indoor heated plunge pool to use while waiting for your massage, hot tub, steam room, and deluge shower. Or, you could wait upstairs by the fireplace and have coffee. The service in the spa was also excellent. This is a great hotel for anyone who loves to work out or go to a spa while on business. The only thing that I didn't care for was the traditional decor within the modern building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Houston’s historic gems, this property is known for its grace, comfort and unparalleled guest experience. Located in the heart of Houston, The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa is a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star, 18-acre retreat that defines authentic Texas luxury. The floor-to-ceiling wooded views envelop guests in a natural environment while offering the modern amenities and luxuries of home. Local areas of interest such as Downtown Houston, Memorial Park and The Galleria are just minutes away, offering guests the opportunity to escape into the city – not from it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Expedia, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Houstonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Houstonian Hotel Houston
- Houstonian Hotel Houston
- Houstonian Resort Houston