The Houstonian
$210
$127
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$99
$161
  • Room Service
$169
  • Pool
Omni Houston Hotel Westside(Houston)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
$105
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewshealth clubtrellis spahunting lodgetennis courtsthe concierge levelhoustonian clubjogging trackfitness classesrock climbing wallresort poolhuge gymfitness centermemorial parkhotel guestsfloor to ceiling windowsgalleria areaturn down service
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We celebrated our Wedding Anniversary at the Houstonian and it was the perfect getaway just a few minutes from home. The hotel accomodations, exceptional service, restaurants, and amenities are the best Houston has to offer. For those interested in fitness the hotel's private health club is not to missed. Also, the kids and young at heart will love the pool equiped with waterfall and meandering slide. You can't go wrong booking at the Houstonian; from personal / business events to spa and romantic getaways this hotel is a solid Five Star!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mullinss
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Just got back during a Labor Day weekend stay. First time I had fun in Houston! Hotel is great, pool is even better. The gym is unbelievable. Definetly, get that country club feelling when you arrive. The staff is friendly and always available. Looking forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank golfnerd
Reviewed August 8, 2009

From the moment we arrived, the staff at the Houstonian gave wonderful customer service. We were greeted at the door and check in was a breeze. Our room was ready before check in time. The room was very nice, but the bathroom was small. Nice view of a small courtyard, big flat screen tv. mini bar with snacks, turn down service with chocolates. The young ones thought the room's doorbell was cool. We ordered room service the night before and asked for an 8am delivery. The food was delivered promptly at 8am and was delicious. We had poolside service that was great and Olivette served a great breakfast. Fresh squeezed orange and pineapple juice. Spa food is typical spa food...bland. But, they did have a number of sauces to put on my grilled chicken at the spa. One unexpected thing was afternoon service of home made smores by the pool. They had a little fire pit and the staff made and served the smores. An excellent touch. I would stay at the Houstonian again without question.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank felixthecatTexas
Reviewed July 21, 2009

My husband and sons (9 & 11) and I visited Houston for two Astros games. I wanted a hotel that would offer us more than a place to sleep. This is without a doubt the best place to stay for an active athletic family. My husband and boys loved the rock climbing wall, basketball and raquet courts. There were ample opportunities to try out several fitness classes. The pools are beautiful with a waterfall and slide.

While the boys went to the game, I used the hotel shuttle ( a beautiful Lexus) to take me to the Galleria for shopping. I adored the grounds and the serene atmosphere of the resort. It is nestled in a pocket of woods in the middle of the city. Although I did not use the spa, it seemed wonderful. I read some reviews that the food was not great but I loved it. Most of it was healthy spa fare which I love.

Our room was a standard King which overlooked a wooded courtyard. Our bed was very comfortable and our sons slept on the pull out sofa. The room came well equipped with amenities and seemed very clean and tranquil. The staff was very nice and helpful. We will definitely stay here again when we return to Houston.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank lagent007
Reviewed June 24, 2009

Couldn't have asked for a better weekend! My daughters and I had planned a Mexican cruise, but due to the Swine Flu, Carnival canceled our 5 day cruise. We decided to spend our time together at the Houstonian. It was awesome! Since it was my birthday weekend, we received the most beautiful dozen chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room. Oh...my, they were delicious! The continental breakfast on the Concierge Level was devine...fresh fruit was yummy, as were the croissants! The food in the Olivette restaurant was outstanding! As was the service! It couldn't have been a better weekend away! We loved the pools, spa, room and food! The doormen were always there to open our doors and treat us with royalty. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family