This hotel made us so happy! The Houstonian is definitely a luxury hotel, although it stands out as unique and incomparable to anyplace else centered in a metropolitan area. For being in the middle of the city, the grounds are so quiet and woodsy - we felt we were tucked away out of town honestly - and there are only 4 quiet floors. We stayed on the Concierge level, mostly because we wanted to have a Continental breakfast available, but the amenities did not stop there. They also offered twice daily housekeeping, evening drinks and fresh snacks, and 2 hours later of decadent sweets to freakin' die for. Very high quality foods & liqueurs. We did nothing but binge & indulge! Our room was so elegantly decorated with a wall of tinted glass looking out into the swaying trees - very dreamy. The bed and pillows felt like puffs of clouds, & i couldn't believe my neck wasn't sore from the squishy pillows. Bath tub was nice & deep, & they offer L'Occitane products.
The big attraction here was definitely the Grande stone fireplace down in the lobby. So warm and oppulent - i found myself just wanting to sit in there just because it is so damn cozy.
The club facilities are fabulous and so expansive. Something for any kind of person. And plenty for kids too...There is also a great jogging/walking path around the hotel that is cushioned and shaded, my 2 favorite things. :) We ate at the Olivette, which of course was uh-mazing eating. The steak was superb.
Everything here is high-end, so bring your high expectations. The staff will not disappoint either. They want to please and do a great job. This is officially my all-time favorite hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Houston’s historic gems, this property is known for its grace, comfort and unparalleled guest experience. Located in the heart of Houston, The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa is a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star, 18-acre retreat that defines authentic Texas luxury. The floor-to-ceiling wooded views envelop guests in a natural environment while offering the modern amenities and luxuries of home. Local areas of interest such as Downtown Houston, Memorial Park and The Galleria are just minutes away, offering guests the opportunity to escape into the city – not from it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Houstonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Houstonian Hotel Houston
- Houstonian Hotel Houston
- Houstonian Resort Houston