First off this is a huge complex. It is easier to find but can be difficult to manuever once inside the complex. The valet guys are great. They take your luggage, get your information and zoom away with your car (valet parking is $28/night). These are some nice guys and for $28 I expect it. The desk clerks were lovely as well. My room was not yet ready, no fault of the hotel as I arrived 3 hours prior to check-in for a conference. However they offered to text me when my room was ready which I thought was great. When the room was ready, they informed me my luggage was already in the room and it was. The room was beautiful. The furniture looked great and of high quality; not cheap like most hotels. The hotel had free wifi in the rooms and the common areas however my AT&T cell phones would not work but my Verizon phone was a champ. When I returned to my room a little after 7 that evening, the lamps in my room had been turned on, my bed turned down, a chocolate placed on my pillow and the iHome radio was playing some ocean sounds. It was a nice touch. There were lots of amenities in the room: an umbrella, extra towels, iron/ironing board, flashlight, laundry bag, electronics panel, Keurig, etc. The couch in my room was very comfortable and the ottoman/coffee table was great. I sat on the couch comfortably and worked while watching TV...the big 48 inch TV was a plus as was two HBO options. So everything was nice...now here are some complaints...however minor. The hallways are difficult to traverse...they look alike and there is very little signage telling you which way to go for your room. My biggest complaint is the location of my room was horrible in that, I literally had to walk half a mile (I used a pedometer) to get to my room from the elevator and back. No I do not mind the walk but when you are carrying a lot of stuff.. and what if there is a fire...just a small issue but still.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Houston’s historic gems, this property is known for its grace, comfort and unparalleled guest experience. Located in the heart of Houston, The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa is a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star, 18-acre retreat that defines authentic Texas luxury. The floor-to-ceiling wooded views envelop guests in a natural environment while offering the modern amenities and luxuries of home. Local areas of interest such as Downtown Houston, Memorial Park and The Galleria are just minutes away, offering guests the opportunity to escape into the city – not from it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Houstonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Houstonian Hotel Houston
- Houstonian Hotel Houston
- Houstonian Resort Houston