“Really Gone Down”

Motel 6 Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park
Ranked #373 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times a year for many years but this was my first time since last spring. There appears to have been no serious maintainance since that time.

The entire hotel really needs a renovation and new management. First, the roof over the entrance looks to have pieces falling off and the entire building needs painting. Second, the rooms and fixtures need updating. The mattresses are worn out and uncomfortable. Third, the breakfast used to be "average" now it is severely lacking. The only fruit was apples; there were no pastries other than bagels and raisin bread. Not even any muffins. The milk in their little cooler was frozen. And, worst of all, the coffee is prepared by an automatic brewer-machine and is terrible.

I heard a rumor that the hotel ownership and La Quinta were in "discussions" whatever that means. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park

A TripAdvisor Member
Artesia, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The location, prices, service, and especially the good shuttle service to MD Anderson make La Quinta a perfect choice for me. I plan to stay with you when I go to Houston for my check-ups at MD Anderson.

Please make your Wi-Fi signal stronger.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Room was actually really nice. VERY clean and fresh. Bed linens looked and felt new. Breakfast was great and well stocked. Rooms were pretty quiet, I didn't hear other guest. However do not stay on the side closest to the interstate. Building is very close to the interstate on that side and you can hear the road noise through the door. I could hear it even over the ac unit. Nothing like hearing a fart can ricer race the interstate at 2 am.

Front desk was up and down, some were nice, some acted like they would rather not be there. Very inconsistent front desk service. But overall we enjoyed the stay as the rooms were really clean and the quirks were tolerable.

Room Tip: Get a room on the other side of the hotel, not the side closest to the interstate if possible.
A La Quinta traveler
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed here for a little over 2months for work and every week was in the office because they could never get the billing correct. Our first room had mold and smelled of mildew. Ms. Debbie was very helpful and we were switched to another room. The next room still had the same problem but wasn't as bad. The rooms were not cleaned very well but I had my own cleaner and always cleaned our room thereafter. While I stayed there I saw that the mattress toppers and the bedspreads were never removed between guests for cleaning!! The only parts of the bedding changed was the sheets! The sink was not connected to the underside of the counter, I think the only think keeping it up was the pipe. The hotel was sold to another owner after we were there a month and a half and everything got worse as far as billing problems. If you decide to stay there pay CASH AND ASK FOR RECEIPT! Keep your receipts for when you have billing issues! When the new franchise took over nobody could tell us the owner just it will not be LQ anymore. The credit of almost $200 for our week we paid was lost when the new owners took over! The LQ accountant had to come in and go over their books and look at our receipt to find our payment. The carpets were soooooo filthy! I couldn't take it and rented a rug cleaner I went over the carpet 3 or 4 times and the water was still black!! I would just look elsewhere!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Twignpokey
A La Quinta traveler
Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed December 1, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2013

As someone that travels for a living, I don't consider myself to be a picky person and I'm usually OK with La Quinta. This one fell way short of the mark of even being a 2-star hotel. Because I feel it's always important to say something positive before a negative, I will say that the rooms have a microwave and refrigerator, there is free shuttle to the medical center, and the breakfast is good. Everything else, however, leaves much to be desired. The hotel is directly off of a main highway so the road noise is deafening. When we checked in after 4:00, our friends' room wasn't even made up. Our room smelled so bad that we tried to change rooms but were told the hotel was sold out. I couldn't tell if the smell was mildew or something worse, but it was disgusting. The only way we were able to manage was to buy a large can of room deoterizer and try to mask some of it. The towels were threadbare, dingy, and nothing more than rags. The bathtub had seen better days, and there had been several bad attempts to repair it. There was obvious mold growing on the ceiling over the bathtub. We wouldn't even take a bath or shower. The carpet looked so dirty that I wouldn't take my shoes off. There were non-descript stains on the walls in several places. To add insult to injury, there was hair in the bed. In short, this La Quinta was an overpriced dump.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple