“Great Value for the Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park

Motel 6 Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park
Ranked #354 of 492 Hotels in Houston
Spicewood, Texas, USA
“Great Value for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Was in town for my granddaughter's final heart surgery, so was already stressed out anyway and did not need anymore. Check-in, stay, and check-out all went very smoothly. Room was very nice, clean, and quiet. Everything was perfect for my needs. Only improvement I could suggest would be some type of convenience counter to sell small snacks and drinks. Every might I was there, would get back too late to get anything to eat, and nothing was really within walking distance. Lobby could use a little more decor and smelled too much like disinfectant. Other than that, it was a great value for the money!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

1 Thank Jo R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Finnish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We arrived in Houston, TX after driving for over 18hrs from Illinois and the welcome we received from the LaQuinta staff was warm and assuring. They were very helpful in assisting us with a room to our liking after minor issues but everything turned out great! The staff was very nice and the breakfast was satisfying. I would highly reccommend this hotel to family and friends.
PS, trust me after a long drive like we had, the pillowtop mattresses were just what we needed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

It is easy to get to the Medical Center from La Quinta and there are many restaurants nearby. The rooms are clean and quiet and roomy. You feel safe there and that is important in a big city such as Houston. In addition, La Quinta is pet friendly so you can keep your pet with you. if you need to board your pet, there is Rover Oaks on West Bellfort, less than a quarter of a mile away. Rover Oaks is a kennel where you can leave your dog in doggie day care, or if you have a hospital stay you can board it until you return. I left my dog there and he had a wonderful time.. You will enjoy your stay at La Quinta because you will have the convenience and the comfort of home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stay here when I have to go to MD Anderson. This trip I stayed in the suite. Very nice room but the couch had seen better days. Cushion was torn and arm rests were dirty. Reclining chair back was broken. Still plan to stay here (maybe they will replace couch and chair for me). Love the pool and hot tub.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I am a La Quinta returns member and always make my reservations in advance and have never had a problem until this time. I've stayed at this particular hotel before because it is right by the Reliant Center and i go there for stockshow, concerts etc. This time we didn't actually get to the hotel until almost midnight and i was told they didn't have any rooms even though i'd made a guaranteed reservation! She said they'd had a few medical patients stay over longer than they expected. I understand but yet i see nothing on the confirmatin about possibly NOT getting a room!! The lady at the front desk said she was "walking" me over to another hotel and the hotel would pay for the room. She said to take the paperwork and we'd have no problem. Well, we get to the next hotel and by this time its midnight - only to find out the first hotel never bothered to call or enter my name in the system and they don't have any rooms available! It is a Saturday night in Houston, Tx so i'm not really surprised but thought the first hotel had taken care of it and held a room for us. So its after midnight and the lady at the front desk is calling a third hotel for us and they don't have any rooms either!!! I'm panicked at this point thinking we're going to end up driving 2 hours home because of this mess. The lady then was able to give us one of their handicapped rooms which was fine with me. I don't plan on ever staying at La Quinta Reliant Center again if you're not guaranteed a room. They didn't call to tell me - just waited for me to show up so they could tell me i didn't have a room and then not even do the work it took to secure us another room!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends