“Thanks, LaQuinta”

2  Thank A La Quinta traveler
A TripAdvisor Member
DeRidder, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stay here when I have to go to MD Anderson. This trip I stayed in the suite. Very nice room but the couch had seen better days. Cushion was torn and arm rests were dirty. Reclining chair back was broken. Still plan to stay here (maybe they will replace couch and chair for me). Love the pool and hot tub.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I am a La Quinta returns member and always make my reservations in advance and have never had a problem until this time. I've stayed at this particular hotel before because it is right by the Reliant Center and i go there for stockshow, concerts etc. This time we didn't actually get to the hotel until almost midnight and i was told they didn't have any rooms even though i'd made a guaranteed reservation! She said they'd had a few medical patients stay over longer than they expected. I understand but yet i see nothing on the confirmatin about possibly NOT getting a room!! The lady at the front desk said she was "walking" me over to another hotel and the hotel would pay for the room. She said to take the paperwork and we'd have no problem. Well, we get to the next hotel and by this time its midnight - only to find out the first hotel never bothered to call or enter my name in the system and they don't have any rooms available! It is a Saturday night in Houston, Tx so i'm not really surprised but thought the first hotel had taken care of it and held a room for us. So its after midnight and the lady at the front desk is calling a third hotel for us and they don't have any rooms either!!! I'm panicked at this point thinking we're going to end up driving 2 hours home because of this mess. The lady then was able to give us one of their handicapped rooms which was fine with me. I don't plan on ever staying at La Quinta Reliant Center again if you're not guaranteed a room. They didn't call to tell me - just waited for me to show up so they could tell me i didn't have a room and then not even do the work it took to secure us another room!!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank TexasBlondie44
A TripAdvisor Member
Deridder
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband & I frequent this hotel because of medical reasons & this hotel is the perfect location from the medical center. I'm a rewards member, so my reservations are always quick & easy. The people at the front desk are very friendly & helpful. The rooms are quiet & comfortable. The beds are comfy & they have flat screen tvs. The only complaint I have is the cable, not a lot of good channels, especially for a big city, but that's not a huge deal. This is the only hotel we stay when we come in which is pretty often, about once or twice a month. I definitely recommend a stay here when you're in the Reliant/medical center area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family