“Good for close to the airport”

Hyatt Regency North Houston
Ranked #95 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The hotel was nice, beds were comfortable... Had some room service issues due to a wedding going on downstairs. Food was inedible and had to be returned. So we went without dinner because it was after 11. The food options around the hotel are limited. Only fast food, and if you are walking prepare to walk under the highway and if its after dark be wary, it is not safe. On a positive note we made it to the airport via their shuttle, be advised that it only runs on the hour... So make other arrangements if that does not work for you.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa S, General Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for your review of our property. I would like to apologize for the issues you had with room service during your stay. Please know that all reviews are shared with our managers so we can continually improve our service and address the expectations of our guests. We hope that you'll give us another try so we can make it up to you.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency North Houston

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were stranded by united last night and they put us up here. There are better choices near the airport. First this hotel is not convienent to airport and the shuttle is slow and they don't have enough running and only once per hour in morning. Second the check in was painfully slow and then they gave us the worst two rooms in hotel, right below lobby elevator below a tile floor where we could hear every rolling bag going from front desk to elevator. Also the ac unit clunked all night. If you stay here do not get rooms 121 or 119! Not sure why they put us in the worst rooms, hotel was not full and I am platinum with Hyatt. They also managed to forget our wake up call and the morning shuttle left 10 minutes late, pinched us at the airport. Not up to Hyatt standards, this hotel needs better management.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Teresa S, General Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

I am so sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay at our hotel. It was not our intention to add additional stress on your night. We value your loyalty to our brand I am disappointed to see that you were not treated as a valued member. All reviews are shared with our managers and we will look into your comments regarding the rooms. We hope that you'll give us another try so we can make it up to you.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here recently after a cancelled United flight. After arriving gone 1am we were met with very pleasant front desk staff who checked us in very quickly. My party of 4 were assigned 2 rooms very close to each other without having to ask. The room was very spacious and clean, and whilst sleep was in short supply this wasn't due to the comfort of the beds which was great. The hotel provided essential toiletries free of charge and even delivered them to my room. Breakfast was good, full buffet both hot and cold food. The shuttle back to the airport was really busy but the driver was extremely patient as we all got on and off. Overall whilst I didn't choose to stay at this hotel i would gladly stay here again, and as a travel agent I would also recommend it to my travellers.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

We are thrilled that you had a wonderful stay at the Hyatt North Houston and we truly appreciate your review. I am proud to see that we took good care of you during your time away from home and you enjoyed the amenities our hotel has to offer. I hope that you are able to come join us again soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I thought that hyatt have a good standard but unfortunately I was surprised with this hyatt. Room was nice and bed is comfortable , front desk is very professional.
Disappointed from the quality of food this hotel serve. I order blacken chicken , soup, and brownies. I dont know where to start. I just say save you money its not worth a penny. Shame on the chef .
By the way my waiter was professional his name carlos I think . But restaurant supervisor i think Williams was on the his cell phone and never check on me or my complain.
Please avoid going to this restaurant and go to drive thru its better quality than this place

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pedro U
Teresa S, General Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback on your stay. I am so sorry that you weren't completely satisfied with your stay at our hotel. I am hoping that we can discuss your experience further and use your feedback to improve our service in the restaurant.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a good business hotel. It is right across from the location of the USMLE Step 2 CS testing center. It is close to Bush International Airport. Less than 5 min drive. Lobby is very nice with lots of seating. Room is very comfortable and clean with a great desk for work. Bed is very comfortable, with some of the best quality pillows you will find in a hotel. Unfortunately there is no view from the windows. The restaurant was a disappointment and way too expensive for the quality. If you are going to eat keep it simple with a sandwich the steak was very poor.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Larry B

Thank you for your review on your stay at Hyatt North Houston. We are glad that you enjoyed our location and the amenities we have to offer. I am sorry to see that you experience with the restaurant was less than perfect. Please know that all of our guest reviews are shared with our managers so we can improve our service and address our guest’s needs. We hope to see you again soon and make every aspect of your stay exceptional.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Kimberly at the front desk was beyond helpful and a joy to talk to! Her personality is enjoyable and she always goes above and beyond to help guest feel comfortable. She was informative with suggestions of different restaurants and attractions around north Houston.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Stephanie F

I would like to thank you for your feedback about Kimberly. It makes me proud as a manager to see that she was such a help and stood out during your stay. I hope you will come back to see us and Kimberly again.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was assigned to this Hyatt by United Airlines after a delay coming into Houston resulted in missing a connecting flight. After retrieving my luggage, I went to wait for the shuttle. I waited for about 20 minutes, seeing all of the other airport hotel shuttle coming and going, so I called the hotel. They told me that I needed to call the hotel, since it was after 9pm, in order to get the shuttle (at that point I wondered why United would choose a hotel without regular shuttle service, but that's another matter). I was told that it would take 20-25 minutes for the shuttle to arrive, which was just about right. The shuttle arrived almost completely full, and then I found out that the hotel is not immediately adjacent to the airport, but takes over 15 minutes via the closest freeway.

The check-in was handled efficiently, especially since there were many other United passengers with vouchers. When I asked about the return to the airport in the morning, the front desk clerk informed me that it left every hour at the top of the hour. Not exactly convenient. That meant I had to get up at 4am, so that I could get the 5am shuttle to the airport for a 7am flight. The shuttle goes to all of the terminals at Bush International, and those terminals are spread out over quite a bit of distance. My terminal was one of the last stops, so it took about 15 minutes from the time we arrived at the first terminal stop.

I was very disappointed in the restaurant in the hotel. I had ordered a club sandwich without mayo, and received a fried chicken sandwich with mayo. At that point, I told the waiter to take it away and cancel my order. I got a bag of chips from the vending machine, and ate that along with a granola bar I had in my computer bag.

The room was adequate, but the pillows were completely uncomfortable and unsupporting. For the first night of my vacation, it was not what I was expecting. I would have been totally unsatisfied if I had been paying for the stay.

Room Tip: If you have privacy concerns, be aware that many of the rooms face the interior atrium. My room was...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Jeff D
Teresa S, General Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

I would like to apologize for the issue you experienced attempting to get transportation from the airport. We understand that having flights cancelled or missed is a very distressing issue, and it was not our intent to add more problems for the night. Our restaurant service is usually always on point and I will be sure to look into why the service lacked during your stay. I hope you are willing to give us another try on different terms to see how our hotel treats it guests.