“B&W PGG Module 1 training meeting”

Hyatt Regency North Houston
Ranked #86 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Barberton, Ohio
“B&W PGG Module 1 training meeting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Overall, i was satisfied with the hotel accomodations and food, though our attendees felt that the food for the buffets was average and limited. Overall, i felt that the costs were rather high, for example, $17 for the breakfast buffet, with little lower cost options. Also there was no refrigerator nor microwave in the guest room - that would have been very helpful and is often offered in hotels that are 2/3rds the cost of this hotel room.

i'd like to mention the following hotel staff that helped me during this business meeting:
Erika Danijel, Jake Kuharich, Thuy Pham, Baeta, Francis (drove the hotel van to our B&W office across the street), Balta, Mario, John and Rebeca. Also, a young man by the name of David set up the A/V equipment for the meeting and was very helpful. Thanks very much. steve bryk B&W PGG Barberton, OH

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Teresa S, General Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments in regards to our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and that our facilities met your needs. It is our goal to ensure that every guest experience is a great one, and I am proud to see that we succeeded. Thank you again, and I hope we will have the chance of hosting your next meeting in Houston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here on my annual business trips. And the rooms are comfortable but I wish refrigerators were standard for all rooms. The only dining choices are the bar and restaurant and room service which is not 24 hours. I came in from a long flight and called at 11am requesting for a choice off the "all day dining" menu which was from 11am - 11pm. After several (I really mean "several"!) rings for room service someone finally answered and I requested for a meal. She said you can't order right now you have to wait til noon! But menu in room says 11am! She says it's Sunday! But there was no indication on what days this "all day dining" applied to! I was so frustrated! And this hotel location you wouldn't want to walk out and find a restaurant because 1) there isn't any close enough to hotel and 2) this is Greenspoint! NOT a very safe neighborhood to be taking a stroll.
WiFi service is very slow. I can't even FaceTime with my family because I keep getting disconnected! It is NOT a reliable connection.
Well, that was my first day here and I have 5 more days to stay. I notice every year that I've stayed here the phone calls to room service or front desk or even operator remain consistent and that is it takes SEVERAL rings before anyone picks up!
Maybe they are understaffed here, I don't know but the company I work for has several employees staying here and I feel that the staff may not treat us as well as other customers.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments in regards to our hotel. I am hoping that we have turned around your opinion of our hotel and have made you and your associates feel welcomed. I do want to apologize for the inconvenience you had on your day of arrival. Our staff should have been more accommodating and found a way to better assist you. This is not our standard and not how we treat our guests. Also, our engineer has checked our wireless server and I hope your connection issues have been fixed. If you have the chance to stop by the desk and talk I would like to discuss your stay to see if we have met your expectations. I look forward to speaking with you.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I got married at the hotel. We were very well pleased with the hospitality, customer service, as well as the efficiency of the staff. We would like to thank Allison Richardson, Thuy, Jovita, Juan, Balta and Luisa who all made our wedding a special night we will never forget! We highly recommend this hotel, our stay was great, our guest loved the hotel and their staff. The hotel was very affordable, our expectations were exceeded.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa S, General Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing our hotel to host your special day. We are glad that we were able to make this day even more memorable and our staff met all expectations. We wish you two the best of luck and be sure to come and stay with us again.
Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

It was a very nice place and i have a wonderful stay on this hotel. From the information desk wherewe met carolina to the restaurant where server edgar and the galley department who makes our thummies say your food was really good combine with a friendly serving attitude. Who would like to searcg for another hotel on town after experiencing this wonderful moment. I'm glad to say that you made a great job and make me fell that going far away home isn't that bad at all. Let me say it in one word... Amazing

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your very kind review. I am glad to see that our employees were able to take care of you during your time away from home. Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests feel welcomed during their stay and it makes me proud to see that we accomplished this. We look forward to having you back at our hotel again.
El Dorado Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Not only was the food very good, the service was excellent! Carlos could not have been any more attentive, polite and pleasant. We had an unexpected overnight delay and were very tired. Carlos was patient and very accommodating. He gave these weary travelers a very pleasant dining experience. Thanks Carlos.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive comments in regards to our restaurant. I am proud to see that Carols took such good care of you and turned your unexpected stay into a good one. I hope that next time you are in Houston you will be able to join us again on a planned trip.
Duncan, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Beware. I stayed one night and my room was infested. Dozens of red welts, everywhere.

I called to let them know. They said they would check on the room and let me know what they find. I haven't heard back yet and don't expect them to admit to something like this.

Stay somewhere cleaner.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Toastertank70
Teresa S, General Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay with our property. I apologize in my attempts to reach you have failed. Please understand we do take these type circumstances very seriously and have the professionals address the situation immediately, I am please to inform you the results were negative. We would never want you or any of our guests to encounter things of this nature. I am hoping you are willing to discuss this further. Please feel free to contact the hotel so we can have chance to discuss your concerns.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Every time I get the opportunity to stay here I do! This hotel is amazing and makes me feel like home away from home. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and welcoming. Can't forget the delicious Starbucks coffee they offer to help in the early am hours. I travel a lot for work and this is the place I look forward to visiting the most.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Teresa S, General Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
We truly appreciate your review of our hotel. I am glad to see that we take such good care of you during your time away from home. We look forward to having you back and truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. I know we will continue to provide the great service that you have always received.