“Great Airport Hotel”

Ranked #80 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Cairo, Egypt
“Great Airport Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We booked the Hyatt North Houston using Hotwire and got a FANTASTIC rate of $65. This was an incredible deal and worth every penny. The room service was great...so good that we decided to order dinner and breakfast after our lunch order. The staff was also super accommodating, and the F&B staff said they could bring anything to our room if it was on the menu...even if not stated on the room service menu. The rooms was spacious and clean and newly remodeled. The only complaint would be that the AC causes condensation on the windows in the room, but a minor issue that did not disrupt our stay. The airport is not incredibly close, but with the free airport transport shuttle, it was quick and easy to transfer to and from IAH. If you can book this hotel with a hotwire rate, it is definitely great value for money, and I will be looking for this 4-star hotel deal by the airport again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Teresa S, General Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It makes me proud to see that our staff made such a great impact in such a short time. We try our hardest to ensure our guests enjoy their stay and it looks like we got it right. I hope to see you back again at our hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I eat a special diet and normally receive below average service for it (small portions, a lack of understanding of what we do and do not eat, not much effort given to properly understand). But we attended a weekend event at this hotel and Amparo Magadan was the banquet captain who monitored all the meals for the weekend. She went above and beyond in accommodating us and making sure we had enough of the proper foods to eat. She even prepared the fresh fruit plates herself that looked like works of art! We were very impressed with her level of service.

As for the hotel itself, it was about average. We were given a room on the first floor, which seems to be the Bermuda Triangle level - you cannot access it easily by stairs, but must take the elevator. The elevators were extremely slow. Our room was the first one just after exiting the elevators, and it overlooked the atrium in the center of the hotel, so noise was a big disruption for us. We had trouble sleeping soundly at night due to all the noise (elevators dinging, people talking/slamming doors in the hallway, and people laughing loudly at the bar/banquet rooms in the atrium. I recommend choosing a better room location if you can help it and bring ear plugs if you're a light sleeper. And the last piece of advice is to ask the front desk for a foam pillow to sleep on instead of the ones in the room. The ones in the room were way too thick - felt like our necks were kinked after the first night. We did use the fitness room one day and it is really nice - lots of space and equipment.

Room Tip: Not overlooking the atrium, and far away from the elevators
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa S, General Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that Amparo went out of her way to accommodate you and your husband. She takes great pride in her job and making sure her guests are happy. I do apologize that you were not fully satisfied with the room and you were kept up during the nights. I hope next time you stay we will be able to put you room on a higher floor and this will not be an issue. We look forward to having you and your husband again back at our property.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Internet is terribly slow. You can pay 15$ a day to have the normal speed. House keeping is very lazy. They miss half the trash in the room. They spray Fabreeze on the floor to cover smell. Rooms are very stuffy. When asking for things like towels, coffee or cups it takes a minimum of an hour for them to bring anything to the room. I've currently been working on getting faster internet for over an hour. Hyatt doesn't deal with their internet, some company in Portland does. So you can imaging how great the customer support is.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Teresa S, General Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your displeasure with your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that you did not find the hotel’s service to be up to standard, and I am truly disappointed. This is not the type of service this hotel provides and I do not know why you experienced this during your stay. I hope you are willing to give us a second chance as this is certainly not our standard.
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I recently secured a meeting room in the Hyatt North Houston. Thanks to eh gracious and most efficient Erika Danijel, the three days of meetings and the breakfast and lunch buffets were flawless. Not only did she see to the overall quality of the service but she made us feel special in other ways. For example, she noticed that all the participants were women, some pregnant, so she totally had the chairs changed in the room. She also brought in beverages during the day, so my people didn't have to leave the training to get that extra cup of coffee. She was solicitous and kind to everyone, going out of her way to make us feel comfortable. When the Sofitel changed hands, I went elsewhere for my trainings and meetings, but coming back and having Erika remind me of what I once liked so much renews my commitment. We will be back to the Hyatt North Houston.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I want to thank you for your kind comments about our hotel and our staff. It makes me proud to see that Erika made such a great impact on you and your associates. She takes great pride in her job and ensuring that all her guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. You review shows that she accomplished this. We look forward to having you all back in our hotel again to experience the great service we provide.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We have used this hotel several times for work related. Hotel is close to airport rooms are clean. They have very good breakfast buffet. Something that I pass on in most hotels. Service is friendly from check in to check out. They also have airport shuttle that we use all the time. I would recommend this hotel for the business traveler.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you continue to choose us as your hotel destination and we continue to provide you with great service. I know we will see you back at our hotel again.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I am a regular visitor of Houston and every time I come I stay at Hyatt North Houston. I have been coming here for about three years and even though hotel has changed ownership and name the staff is really helpful. The front staff and the staff in the restaurant are really pleasant and with the likes of Sofia, the trip becomes more pleasant.

Overall the service is really nice, should have some more choices on the menu.

Room Tip: Higher floors are nicer and quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your positive comments in regards to our hotel. I am glad to hear that you are a frequent guest and that you like our hotel. I hope that you will continue to choose our property and I know we will continue to provide the service you have become accustomed to receiving.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I travel A LOT. Whenever I am in Houston I visit what is now the Hyatt North Houston. I have seen name and ownership changes since the 12 years that I have been coming here. the improvements in decor is a good route. The restaurant has good food, but needs more emphasis on those of us who travel a lot and battle healthy food substitutes.
the biggest draw, as far as I am concerned, is that being away from my family, I made to feel as family. this is largely thanks to the bar people, who remember my name, my food preference, and my drink preference, and welcome me with a welcoming hello, or even a hug. That is what keeps me coming back. I think that Sofia, Jamie, and Andeas are the anchor of my commitment to keep my Platinum status

Room Tip: inside atrium quiet, outside atrium highway noise, but sunlight.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I truly appreciate your feedback about our hotel. It makes me proud to see that our staff makes you feel so welcome during your time away from home. We work very hard to make sure that our guests are happy while at our property and I am glad to see that we are doing so. Thank you for your loyalty and thank you for choosing our property. We look forward to having you back and continuing the great service.