“Decent hotel in a not so nice part of town”

Hyatt Regency North Houston
Ranked #83 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Chicago, IL
“Decent hotel in a not so nice part of town”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Be forewarned, locals call this part of town "Gunspoint." That said, I am a female that stayed here alone for a business trip, and I never felt unsafe. The hotel is close to the highway, and I made sure not to loiter in the parking lot alone after dark. Otherwise, the interior of the hotel felt safe and there was a visible security guard. My room was clean and comfortable. The lobby is kind of dated, and it is clear the property was once a vibrant place past its heyday. BUT, it is cheap, clean, comfortable, and proximity to the airport is great. Good for a quick business trip on a tight travel budget.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding my hotel. I am glad to hear that you felt safe during your stay. It makes me proud to know your room was satisfactory during your short visit and I am happy to say we are making improvements to our lobby daily. Please if you are visiting Houston again in the near future please stop by so that we may personally welcome back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2013

For an extended business trip I was staying in the Hyatt North and had no real complaints, the rooms were big and sufficient, although as I was staying for so long a fridge would have been appreciated. The breakfast in the mornings was great with superb waiting staff. Byron particually had everything ready for me just as I arrived each morning. All in all considering no one really likes to stay in hotels for too long I had a good stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments in regards to our hotel. I will make sure that Bryon is honored for his great guest service as well. Please if you are visiting Houston again we would welcome you back to the Hyatt North Houston.
Torreon, Mexico
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, great service, very complete fitness center and having the flight board screens at the lobby is a huge plus, but only for departures, it would be awesome if the arrival info was available also.

• Stayed June 2013
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments in regards to our hotel. Your trip was short, but it makes me proud to know that we made a great impression within that brief time. We hope that you will consider us and that we will see you again in the near future.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have used this hotel several times because that's what comes up when using the bargain finding, online, hotel finder. The plus is that they sell Starbucks in the lobby. The downside is that it is further from the airport than some of the other hotels.

This trip was frustrating because the shuttle went from the airport to the pilot training facility to pick up a pilot, and then back to the airport to pick up a thoughtless passenger who apparently called the moment he landed and didn't have his luggage by the time we got back there. This is not a nice thing for other, tired passengers to endure.

Oh, and a bottle of water is $4.00 in the room or in the hotel convenience store.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank king238
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback concerning my hotel. I want you to know how much we appreciate the comments. Please if you are back in Houston visit us again.
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The room is great; the staff are friendly and very accommodating and we can't say enough good things about the shuttle drivers, who will take you to a nearby restaurant or mall and then tell you to phone and they'll come pick you up. Best shuttle service anywhere. However, we stay here every year for meetings, and every year I am sick the entire time. The meeting rooms are in the basement, and the main room, the Grand ball room, is absolutely awful. As soon as you cross the threshold into the room the musty smell hits you like a ton of bricks. I am allergic to mold and musty places make me physically sick.I was sick the entire time we stayed there, because of the mustiness of that room. It's too bad because the rest of the hotel is fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank C M
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your very positive comments regarding your recent stay with my hotel. Also I do appreciate your feedback concerning the meeting rooms. As your feedback is so important to me and I will have the situation address immediately. Please if you are in Houston again soon please visit us again.
St. George's, Grenada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here in July 2013 for a few days and had a great stay. Staff were friendly, always smiling, and very helpful. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle which picked me up from the airport. Check-in was easy and quick. I had a room on the 8th floor which was nice, but the view wasn't anything much but a view of the hotel lobby. A room on the opposite side of the hallway would've been better with respect to the view. My room was nice and big, bed was comfortable, and had a work station, flat screen TV, safe and coffee maker.

Buffet breakfast was nice and had a lot of options, however I was very disappointed that each day of my stay exactly the same things were prepared. There was not a single variation or change.

Location is not bad, and it is just a few minutes ride from the airport. There is a mcdonalds and a few other similar places to eat, as well as a minimart within walking distance. However, I would recommend renting a car as there isn't attractions within walking distance of the hotel. I did get a ride from the shuttle to the mall, and the shuttle also picked me up. I choose the hotel because of its proximity to the Step 2 CS center (literally across the sam Houston highway - about 3 mins walking distance) and would especially recommend it to Houston step 2 cs exam takers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am very happy to hear that you found our facilities met your needs. We try very hard to ensure that each guest experience is a great one. Thank you again, and I hope to have you back at our property in the near future.
austin texas
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here June 23rd in order to catch a flight the next day. We were given an early check in which we appreciated and allowed us to enjoy the nice pool facilities. comfortable lounge chairs and dining tables are provided and while there is no pool service directly it is only a short walk to the main lobby restaurant/bar for refreshments. Be sure to take a cover up as you do have to walk through the main lobby to get to the pool. Our room was on the 8th floor and was quite comfortable and clean. Plenty of towels and water pressure. One note is that there was no bellman to assist with luggage and there is no valet parking. We did try the restaurant for dinner but did not find it particularly good as the salmon was overcooked and dehydrated and the crab cakes were more cake than crab. Servers were efficient however and tried to resolve the kitchen issues.

Room Tip: High floor was very quiet