“Nice place to lay your head”

Hyatt Regency North Houston
Ranked #82 of 507 Hotels in Houston
Liberia, Costa Rica
“Nice place to lay your head”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here two nights while in town for business. The staff were helpfull and friendly and the food was great except for the breakfast which was just ok. The only problem was cell service for interior rooms was kinda bad and my first room the Tv reception was pretty bad. They have some things they need to work on by all in all I ate and slept great!

Room Tip: Do not get and interior room unless on the upper floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments in regards to our hotel. We try very hard to ensure that each guest experience is a great one. If you find yourself back in Houston we welcome you back at our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Indianapolis
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I spent a couple nights here in April and got a room on the 7th floor facing the indoor courtyard. The room was nice, the bed was comfortable. The television was terrible. If you tried to watch TV for more than 5 minutes you got a headache the reception was so poor. Basically you watched the 'snow' on the TV with a glimpse of a picture behind it. I was really disappointed, especially considering it was a Hyatt. I expect more from the brand.

As far as the "hard to sleep" bit, you could not close the dark curtains, so you have this little thin curtain that is all you have. Being close to the roof of the building, I was very close to the lights that lit the indoor courtyard and it was like daylight all night in my room. I had tried to close the dark curtains, but noticed when I did that they didn't even have a full rail to allow the curtains to close.

Also, the walls in this hotel were paper thin. My neighbors must have enjoyed sleeping with the TV at maximum volume all night because that's all I could hear. You would think that a facility like this would have good quality commercial televisions that can have volume limiters or something so that they don't blast out the other guests.

I won't stay here again and it makes me question Hyatt in general as a place to stay.

As far as dining is concerned, their in-facility restaurant is extremely expensive. $14 French toast for breakfast and it's just 3 pieces of regular old white bread?? You'd think it'd at least be 4 pieces of Texas Toast (thick bread). We also had dinner there. While the food was good, dinner for two was $50+ and their menu choices are very limited.

Room Tip: Get a room that does NOT face the inner courtyard. Maybe if you're facing the outside it won...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for the great feedback concerning your recent stay with us. I want you to know the exciting news is we are installing all new TV's in our property this week. We try very hard to ensure that every guest enjoys their stay, and has a room that is clean and in good working order. I will mention to my Chef your feedback of your dinning experience. We hope taht you will consider us and that we will see you again in the near future.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed May 2, 2013

There are two Hyatt hotels near one another in North Houston, One is this Hyatt and the other is a Hyatt Place. Both have shuttles to the airport, which was what interested me most. Overall the area around the hotel is not the greatest, but personally I don't put too much into the appearance of North Houston. Inside the hotel is nice, big lobby area, staff was nice and very eager to help. The challenges of traffic and customers makes the shuttle service not 100% on time, but I think most people understand that driving through a city can cause challenges to schedules.

Stay away from the first floor. Check-in is actually on the 2nd floor, so you can be one floor below. It smelled a little musty, like a basement, but it wasn't too bad. What was not acceptable was the 3:30am wak-up due to floor cleaning on the 2nd floor. The sound came through my ceiling like it was in my room. The sounds were as if multiple people were walking back and forth dragging and rolling luggage. I called the front desk, they confirmed they were cleaning the floors. The cleaning and noise lasted about an hour. Since I arrived very late, I only got about 2 hours of sleep. I would have expected the hotel to provide some compensation, especially acknowledging the cleaning and when I checked out they confirmed again the first floor is not the best floor to be on. However, nothing was given except a 'rehearsed' apology of "I'm sorry".

I did not experience everything for this hotel, but based on the price I think their nightly rate should be about $40 cheaper. I am a Hyatt Platinum member, my opinion is based on being a loyal Hyatt customer and finding this location to not live up to what I have come to expect.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor, stay on the third floor or higher.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you so very much for your valued feedback. Also I do appreciate the positive comments concerning our property. We try very hard to ensure that our guest are happy and comfortable when they stay with us. I will follow up on your comments and I hope that you will consider us again in the near future.
Langen
Reviewed May 1, 2013

As per many other reviews, it is correct that for a Hyatt, the furnishings are getting a bit on the tired side.
This has nothing what so ever to do with services. The Staff at this Hyatt are what you´d expect, and nothing less than that. We used this as an "Airport" hotel. The shuttle service works just fine, but it is a good 15 min ride. This has the advantage you really don´t have airport noise at this hotel.
The pool and hot tub (ok, "warm tub") are outside, which we used and were in good condition.
the area where this hotel is not good for walkers. there isnt really much around there. We thought we would kill some time at the Mall located a couple blocks away (20 minute walk) I would suggest NOT going there. Most stores out of business, trash on the floors, buckets everywhere to catch water from the leaky roofs, fountains turned into planters. I think you get the picture...

Room Tip: North side rooms have less light, but are not on the freeway side.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback concerning my hotel and staff. I will pass along the great comments to my team. I delights me that you enjoyed your stay with our property. If you find your travel back to the Houston area we welcome you as our guest.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Overall a good stay which served all of my requirements with the exception of there being not being an inhouse spa.

The staff member who served me at check in was great and it was a quick and easy check in. Check out was also efficient.

There is a free shuttle service to the Greenspoint (I think) Mall which is the nearest mall but I didn't take up this service given my colleagues warned me that that mall is a bit dangerous so perhaps save your shopping for a more salubrious mall. The Galleria was a decent shopping experience.

Breakfast was not included in my roomrate, but was fair for the price and definitely sufficient, if lacking a little in variety. Good service at breakfast, you need to order your cold drinks rather than the usual juice dispensers etc.

Comfortable room with decent bathroom amenities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. If visiting Houston in the future we welcome you as our guest. We appreciate your business.
Houston
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Another quick one night trip away in the city we live in. We were out closer to this side of town at an event and snagged this for a decent rate. I have been here before and it actually has been two or three other properties before it was this. As the other times it is clean, decent, and located right off of beltway 8 and 45. The room was vey nice and the service was as well, in fact she upgraded our room since it was a slow night. We had a few beers in the bar and called it a night, certainly met standards for and the bed was extremely comfortable!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your busienss and the positive feedback. Anytime you are in our area we welcome you as our guest.
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel was clean and spacious. The Starbucks in the lobby is awesome! The exercise room is big, bright and has good equipment and apples. The service in the restaurant by Jorge and Byron was very good and welcoming.

Room Tip: Was quiet on the 7th floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind review. I am proud to hear that my staff members made a great impression during your time with us. I will make sure to pass the information on to the team. Thank you again, and I hope to have you back at our property in the near future.