“Great Location - Easy Business Traveler's Location Decision!”

Hyatt Regency North Houston
Ranked #81 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Raleigh
“Great Location - Easy Business Traveler's Location Decision!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

The staff, the location, the cleanlines, and the food all exceeded my expectations.

The concierge/ shuttle drivers were OUTSTANDING!

Close to IAH, and many of the North Houston businesses. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the 1st floor. Some of the rooms are directly below the tile floor of the 2nd level...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Gabriel W, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear sunshades1,

I would like to sincerely thank you for your very kind review of our property. It sounds as though our property is able to satisfy all of your travel needs. I am glad to hear that our staff took good care of you, especially the shuttle drivers. We hope to see you back soon!

Gabriel Wall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

If you ever have the chance to eat in the restaurant , make sure you ask for Byron or Ricardo!!! The breakfast is ok. We meet here weekly so it would be great if the changed up the buffet. Order off the menu. The wait staff makes the experience worth the not so exciting buffet. Did I mention that the service was amazing!!!!

1 Thank Cathy B
Frank A, Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent comments on the Restaurant. Most of all the great comments on Byron and Ricardo we do pride ourselves on the staff. I will be sure and let them both know of your comments. With the new Chef on board we are looking forward to new and exciting changes in the Restaurant in the near future. Thank you again for your comments but most importantly for your patronage.
New Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Was checked in by the airlines due to a cancelled flight. As a low rate paying guest I did not feel any difference. The service was courteous and inhouse restaurant has great food.
Inhouse cafe serves Starbucks and hotel has a ready supply of stuff that a guest without bags may need. One can buy from a stock of ready to eat food, desserts etc.
On the whole if I have to stay near the airport I would come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Gabriel W, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Mohitoswal,

Thank you so much for your recent comments on our hotel. Being near the airport we get many travelers, such as yourself, who have to unexpectedly stay in Houston due to flight issues. We understand that how stressful this can be and we try to make every accommodation for our guests who are in these circumstances. No matter what rate is being paid, nor who is paying for the room, we make it a point to serve our guests as best we can and hopefully add a silver lining to what might be an otherwise bad travel day.

Gabriel
Houton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had a large group staying here for an entire weekend latter part of June this year. Everything was wonderful, from check in to check out. Rooms immaculate, beds wonderful, linens clean and ample. Food excellent, with ample servings. I drink a lot of coffee early A.M. so the pods are not my thing. A small refrigerator would be nice. We really like this hotel and will continue to frequent it. We did notice a couple of bad reviews, however, I believe this is not the norm for this hotel. We would certainly recommend Hyatt North Houston to our friends and family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Gabriel W, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Rev Reagan J,

Thank you so much for your positive review. I am happy to hear they you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and that you would recommend our hotel to others. We hope to see you back soon and anticipate hosting your group the next time they are having a meeting in Houston.

Gabriel Wall
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I found 3 bed bugs inside of my bed sheet on July 5th, 2012, I was lucky, because my son saw the bugs first , otherwise I would have shared my bed with at least three bedbugs that night. I killed three bedbugs and lost one night sleep.
The manager did promise to refund my fee, and I got an apology from him. I also did not like the location. This hotel also looks very old from inside and out.

Charles

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Charles B
, Manager at Hyatt Regency North Houston, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time from what I know is a very busy schedule to write and apprise us of your recent visit. It was certainly disappointing to read your comments and learn of the inconveniences and frustrations you were forced to endure while our guest. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies and know that what you experienced is the exception and not our normal level of service.

The resurgence of bed bugs in North America over the last five years is a widely recognized problem. This problem has not only affected the hotel industry, but hospitals, college dormitories, private homes and apartment buildings as well as department stores and movie theaters.

Any room suspected of possible bed bug activity will be quarantined and remains quarantined until a thorough inspection by professionals is conducted.

Thank you again for your comments but most importantly for your patronage. We hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at some point in the future.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed here with my family July 6-8, 2012 while we a attended a nearby basketball tournament. The day staff was awesome, courteous and pleasant. After a long day, my husband and I showered and prepared for bed. We checked the sheets like we do in any hotel and found what appeared to be 2 pubic hairs and 2 long strands of hair near the pillows. I called the front desk only to be told housekeeping was gone for the night and they would bring me sheets, but we had to make our own bed. In 20 years of travel for business and leisure, I have never experienced this.
I informed the day shift who apologized, but I have yet to hear from management.

• Stayed July 2012

It was certainly disappointing to learn that your visit was not what it should have been. It appears we failed in several areas. Most embarrassing and disappointing to me was the condition you found your linens in as you were going to bed. Please know that there is no excuse for our failure to perform our duties as we should have the first time in the making of your room, or for adding additional insult by having you remake your own bed. Please know that I have personally addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper and our Night Manager to ensure that no other guests have a similar experience.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

okay its a beautiful hotel! nice comfy beds! beautiful atmosphere! umm the kitchen food is good not the greatest! my thing is they do not have alot of options in food wise! and overprice food that i could go to a fine dining place to get besides the hyatt! they charge you more if you have food delivered to your room from kitchen which in my opinion is pretty stupid! anyways i ordered pizza! from pizza hut! the front desk had the nerve to ask me to walk from my room to the lobby to pay? this is the first i have ever heard of ANY hotel doing this! i feel bad for the pizza guy for taking a long trip for nothing! also i guess they were upset! in my opinion you should let others! AND food delivers know you have a problem with that! plus the reason i order delivery from another place is for them to bring me something new besides the same bs crap you serve! its my room & i wanted them to deliver my food,why should i walk up there?

they need to reorganize there website or put it into there guide book they have in ever room!

another thing is kids! making loud noises! i have compliant tons of times and nothing was solved!

Room Tip: choose the highst floor you can get! never 1st floor or any other floor you can hear noises!!!! and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Your comments regarding outside deliveries not being allowed on the guestroom floors is for the safety and welfare of all of our guests and staff. In this instance, there was an actual delivery, however, it could have just as easily been a scam to gain access to the guestroom floors for reasons of theft, harassment, etc. Therefore, it is the policy of our hotel, and the majority of branded hotels, to not allow access. We regret the inconvenience, but trust that you understand that we are responsible for the well-being of all of our guests and staff.