Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
JW Marriott Houston(Houston)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsself parkinggalleria arealiving roomclub loungewet barsitting areabreakfast buffetshopping and restaurantsrooms are largemini fridgeper dayloved this hotelbusiness tripnice roomhotel stafffitness centershuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night--a Thursday. In general, weekday hotel rates are expensive, so I took a leap of faith and reserved a room on Hot Wire--was given the Sheraton Suites. I have not been pleased with the Sheraton hotel chain in general in the past, so I was VERY apprehensive. Until I entered our room. Spacious, nice, clean, and very comfortable. The fact that it was a suite with a separate living space was a great bonus. We chose not to eat in the hotel, as there are many restaurants nearby. Parking was $16/day. With that said, most all of the hotels in that area charge for parking. TV channels were mostly sports and news, with a couple of other random channels, as well as the local stations. Would have been nice to see some add'l tv channels. When you first turn on the TV, you have to click around to avoid all the pay-per-view stuff. That was annoying--it took a while to find the free cable channels. And you had to go through it all over again each time you turned on the TV. Even so, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ShazaamIam
SSHG, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and got a chance to explore the many local dining options that the uptown Galleria area has to offer. Our concierge team is also happy to drive you within a 3-mile radius of the hotel in our complimentary shuttle service which is available on a first come first serve basis.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Houston.

With warmth,
JamalM

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Really enjoyed this hotel. Rooms are spacious, staff very accommodating, breakfast buffet a lil pricey, but had quality food. Great location w/a good workout facility. Stayed there before and will definitely stay again. Great for business.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed here memorial weekend with my fiancée while we were visiting family from Dallas. I've lived in Houston before so I strategically picked this hotel location as it was right off the central highway which made it super convenient. Mind you, if you are not from Houston be aware the galleria/westheimer rd area is quite congested and there's usually lots of traffic-- something that I was prepared for so it was not to terrible. The staff was great, picked this hotel because we also had our 50lb Australian Shepard with us so it made me quite happy that they were pet friendly!! The room was very nice, only gripe I had was that the sheets could have been much cleaner as the comforter had stains on it. If the bed was a bit tidier I would have given the hotel better ratings but the entire experience was an overall good one.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I'm staying here for a conference after not staying here for ~ 1 year.
The good news is that the renovation is complete. The bar is in place and the club on the 15th floor is finished. The remodel is nicely done.
The good: nice, attentive staff. The restaurant manager checked on me in the bar after I vetoed the restaurant because it was I too loud due to a happy hour taking place in the back. I like the chilled, bottled water offered in the lobby.
The bad: the club lounge. I went up on Monday night and there was no food and the server informed me that the wine would be $19 a glass ( while she as pouring the wine). The following morning, I went up for breakfast and found a very limited menu followed by a ticket to sign with a spot to add gratuity. I've stayed at Sheratons all over the world and have never had this happen. It was tacky. If they can't afford to pay their staff, then don't offer the club. In the room, there wasn't a robe. The management would be wise to consider what is offered at other Sheratons nearby and offer a comparable product, especially when they charge more per room.

Room Tip: Get one Way from the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 2Texas_Travellers
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Had a good deal through booking.com and that made it even better. Great rooms, very good beds and the staff is awesome. Hotels in Europe cab learn from this big time.

The bar is above average and there is a nice fitness room. Only negative thing is the loud beeps in the elevators on every single floor

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business