“Excellent experience”

Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria
Ranked #134 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 10, 2008

Stayed in a suite in this hotel for 3 nights, and enjoyed it. The room was a good size, with a distinct separation between living and bed room. The bed was quite comfortable. There is 1 TV in the bedroom and 1 in the living room. The living room has seating for 3 plus a desk/chair and a small kitchenette/refrigerator. Everything was new, clean, and well-maintained. The property as whole is similarly well-maintained. The fitness center is nice with numerous cardio machines but no free weights. The pool is very small - basically big enough only for children to splash around. The location is convenient, being directly on the 610 feeder road and near many restaurants as well as the Galleria. Don't expect to walk around the neighborhood, even though the mall and many other places are technically within walking distance. Parking was $12 a day, but it is a deck. Did not eat at the Omaha Steakhouse, but it appeared to have a suitable ambience for business lunch/dinner meetings. Overall, had a nice stay with no complaints.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank OilIsle

Reviewed May 26, 2008

Just returned from a 3 night stay at Sheraton Suites and found it convienient to all shopping in the Galleria and other venues. Room decor is peaceful and spacious. Bed was very comfortable and loved the pocket doors that separated the living and sleeping areas. Check-in was without incident and no problem with keys to room. Breakfast buffet was varied with the best orange juice I've had in a long time. Staff for the most part were pleasant. The one shortcoming was the jacuzzi. Only in operation once during my stay.The water or jets weren't hot or strong enough.

Problem in pool and jacuzzi area:
Children used the jacuzzi as a wading pool because jacuzzi wasn't in operation!!!!!!

Entire pool area was taken over by kids yelping and throwing things while some adults tried to get some sun or read. Maybe they should allow times for adults and kids to use pool/jacuzzi area. No shuttle from hotel to airport. They will take you to the Galleria which is within walking distance and pick you up.

If you stay in your room for your entire stay it's a good place to rest.

Diva 23

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank diva23
Reviewed March 18, 2008

We are Starwood members and this hotel was convenient to an event we were attending in Houston. The rooms are decent, and the hotel is generally well kept. The main problem, and it is a big problem, is the service at this hotel. The staff only knows how to apologize and apologize and apologize, without offering a solution to the problem. Our second night, they didn't give us the requested rollaway bed (they ran out) and also had no more blankets or pillows. They were very very sorry. Much of the staff speaks little or poor English (this includes room service which botched our order so badly that breakfast for 5 people turned into breakfast for 15 -- the room service manager was prompt to remove the excess and fix the bill, however). Everyone greets you, but nobody really knows much about anything. We couldn't get bell service easily. As Starwood members we expected to be treated well, but this property fell below the Sheraton standard, in our opinion.

The hotel was full with a conference, but the staff was unequipped to handle full occupancy, both in experience and in supplies. Things like tea and coffee appeared to be in very limited supply, as were the extra blankets and pillows and rollaway bed we needed.

We would not book here again unless the staff was replaced.

Again, the hotel is quite nice, but the staff inexperienced and even rude at times, in spite of their own mistakes being called to their attention.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed March 15, 2008

Best rates are on the hotel website click on specials
The hotel is right off the highway but it is the ramp to Westheimer shopping area and so on weekends the 1/3 mile from the exit to the hotel may take 20 minutes.

Suites are very nice, the 2 beds suites face the hwy with hwy noise.
Easy walk to the Galleria and shopping centers around.
Easy free wireless internet.

Front desk staff did not crack a smile.

• Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank Asian_French_Chick
Reviewed January 25, 2008

Wow, is the word I need to say, for this hotel. Is just incredible with a super rate of 80 dollars! from www.simple2go.net/kripton when in their page is of 250. That is the start of the grate thing.
For this time we only stay one night, but it was really good, specially the room, or I would say suites, they were not presidential suites, but they´re very nice. His self parking is very good. The hotel provide a little van to take you to a place near 3 miles of the hotel, and it was very cold, so they take us to the mall, it was so quick.
After all I really recommend this hotel, well just if you are smart and enter to a good page like www.simple2go.net/kripton and reserve a night like this. I only put 4 points, because it´s a little old, and not so beautifull but nice, and very cheap, well at only that page.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Oscar A
Reviewed December 28, 2007

My husband and I needed a place to stay in Houston while we visited our daughter's family over Christmas. I THINK I booked via the Sheraton website and found a terrific rate of $69 per night plus taxes. It is a beautiful hotel, with very nice people working in it from the front desk to the restaurant, the housekeeping, concierge and valet. To a person they were welcoming and happy to see us, it seemed. The room was a large suite (we didn't request anything grand) with a king bed and a large bedroom and a separate living area that could be closed off the bedroom by sliding double wooden doors. It is so nice to have an area to read or watch TV separately from the bed and bedroom! There was a TV in the bedroom and one in the sitting room. It has a good fitness center with 4 treadmills, 4 ellipticals, 4 bikes, a stair climber and about 7 weight machines, all new Lifestyle equipment. 4 TVS to watch, too. There is an outdoor pool and hot tub. The pool is small, not for lap swimming, but is a nice pool. With 4 grandchildren under the age of 8 at our daughter's house the Sheraton was a wonderful haven for us each night!!! And I chose it because some of you had endorsed it. I love Trip Advisor!

Stayed: December 2007
2  Thank LucyPie
Reviewed November 21, 2007

I'm in Houston about once a month, and either stay at a Sherator/Starwood property or a Hilton-family hotel each time. This was my 2nd time at the Sheraton Suites Galleria and probably will NOT stay there again.
Took 4 - literally four - tries to get a card key to open my room. Each time, I had to go back to the front desk, get assigned a different room, and try a different card. At a hotel of this caliber, it should not take 4 tries to get into your room. I was in a hurry and 20 minutes was too much time.
Front desk staff seemed indifferent and passingly competent, but certainly not making the extra effort.
Parking was expensive - $12/nt to self park in an empty garage.

They just didn't seem to go the extra mile this time. When I was last there in April I was impressed, but this time around it just seemed tired and pointless.

On check out, my bill was wrong. They reprinted the folio, and got it wrong again (basically didn't look to change anything - just passivly reprinted my bill). THey tried to hit me with 4 nights of parking fees (i was there 2 nts) and a breakfast I didn't eat. Was in a hurry to leave so they said they'd email me a revised bill. 10 days later, no revised bill, so I called. First time I called was on old over 10 min., 2nd time I called they said to call back. 3rd time I called there was a lot of groaning and sighing upon my request; finally they faxed it to me and it was the same wrong bill again.
Considering I had to pre-pay for my room to get the "good" rate, this is unacceptable.

The room itself was great - plenty of space, airy and light. Hallways were dim and the common spaces were just plain average. Really nothing special about this place, and since I paid over $250 a night, really think I could have done better.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business