Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria
TributePortfolio
$169
$239
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$88
$139
$105
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsself parkinggalleria arealiving roomclub loungewet barsitting areabreakfast buffetshopping and restaurantsrooms are largemini fridgeper dayloved this hotelbusiness tripnice roomhotel stafffitness centershuttle service
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in October because travel agent failed to book first choice in time. The rooms are nothing to write home about but they are quite spacious, everything works and the bed was very comfortable. The decor seems dated throughout the hotel but is fine if you like brown. The staff were attentive and helpful and they have a shuttle van which will drop guests locally. Not as close to the Galleria as keen shoppers require (3 blocks) across Westheimer.
The breakfast was ok but nothing more.
I don't think that the rate advantage over my first choice hotel will make me stay here again but it a decent alternative.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I really like staying at Sheraton Suites (why aren't there more of them) when I need a no-frills, but decently appointed, spacious room. My family stayed at this hotel twice this summer for several days each time. Having the suite worked out well. On the second stay, we found the room had not been cleaned properly and the hotel relocated us to another room. Inconvenient, but they were accommodating. The bell staff was outstanding and timely in helping us with luggage. This hotel has an Omaha Steakhouse as its only restaurant. Not very inviting. We did not go, particularly with the Galleria and its surrounding restaurants and shops close by.

Room Tip: Avoid staying on the highway side if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a disgusting hotel far below any Starwood property standard. The hotel is old and it is run down. There is dust everywhere, dirty forks in the hallways, and bugs in some rooms (in fact, my room on the Starwood preferred guest floor was). See the photos.

White hotel management attempted to be helpful, they failed dismally, beyond simply switching my room and not charging for the stay. I was neither reimbursed for everything that needed to be thrown out (my luggage, clothing, etc.) nor was there a follow up after the exterminator's report was completed. After several messages, I still have not received a reply from the hotel management and decided to elevate the issue to Starwood Corporate.

What a shame. You just turned a 10+ year Starwood loyalist into a disappointed client spending far too much time on doctor's visits to address the bite markets remaining on my body even after 10 days.

Room Tip: do not stay here - check the rooms thoroughly, if you must
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MoonlightRainSea
MyronW, Manager at Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

MoonlightRainSO,

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while visiting with us. I'm deeply saddened to hear that we failed to respond and meet your expectations during your visit. At your convenience, I would like to have the opportunity to discuss this matter further. I can be reached at myronw@sheratonhouston.com. I look forward to connecting with you soon in regards to this matter.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I arrived at the hotel with my family around 11:30 a.m. (I had been traveling all morning and forgot that check-in time was 3:00.) The desk clerk told me not to worry and she would check to see if there was a room ready for us. In less than a minute she handed me the keys to our room and said we could go ahead and settle in. Our room faced the interstate, and though it is a very busy interstate, there was little to no noise in our room, even at night. The room was very clean, and every request we made (extra towels, pillows) was promptly fulfilled. We requested an extra cot for one of our kids, and it was provided to us without charge (even though this is an item that typically costs extra). The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and I enjoyed a good nights rest. We had to go one floor up for ice because there was no ice machine on our floor, but there's nothing else that was lacking. The Omaha Steak restaurant in the hotel was on the expensive side for meals for a family of 4, but there are many good restaurants (fast food or casual dining) near the hotel that aren't hard to find using the area map that's provided in the hotel lobby.
I will warn you that there is a 3-lane exit that runs in front of the hotel, making it difficult to get into and out of the hotel entrance. We needed to get into the far left lane several times upon exiting and it takes some driving strategy to do so.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The rooms here were clean and spacious. We booked on a deal and it was really great value for money. Additionally you can self park for $14 so not too bad. Near a couple of nice steak restaurants but you need to book as they were v busy.

• Stayed: August 2012