Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria
Preferred Hotels
$219
$209
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$99
Hilton.com
$259
$161
  • Pool
Omni Houston Hotel Westside(Houston)(Great Value!)
$159
$104
galahotels.com
$149
$105
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsself parkinggalleria arealiving roomclub loungewet barsitting areabreakfast buffetshopping and restaurantsrooms are largemini fridgeper dayloved this hotelbusiness tripnice roomhotel stafffitness centershuttle service
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I needed a hotel for a pre-cruise stay for one night and this hotel met my family's (two parents and two teens) needs nicely. Living room was nice and roomy as was the bedroom. The vanity area of the bathroom was separate from the toilet/bath which was nice when you have four people trying to use the same bathroom. Lots of restaurant options nearby. Check in was fast and efficient. Parking was pricey...$14 for self park and $21 for valet. Room was clean and toiletries were a nice orange spice flavor and met my two teenage daughters' approval. I would stay there again if I wanted to be close to the galleria.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room overlooking the 610 loop and it was entertaining but a little loud if you don't like city noises.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This hotel is pretty standard, check in was friendly and efficient. I had brought a bottle of wine and the concierge provided a wine opener and nice glass from the Omaha Steak House.
Rooms are clean although bathroom is a little dark. There is a refrigerator but not a microwave which I thought was odd for a "suite" property.
I was here for business and that is really what it is best suited for, you walk by a rather pathetic pool area coming from the parking garage so that is certainly not a draw.
There is a parking garage adjacent to the hotel but it costs $13...valet is $20. In hindsight, after a really long travel day I should have just gone with the valet.... bringing in all the luggage and navigating a small elevator and doorways was not worth the $7 difference!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Not too much to say about this hotel. My stay was for 3 nights and I wanted to be near the Galleria. I was on the Starwood Preferred Floor (Floor 14) and my room was well maintained and very clean.

The front desk staff who checked me in were very pleasant and recognized my status. I had a Fed-Ex delivered and as soon as it arrived they called up to see if they could deliver it.

Traffic can get backed up on the road in front of the hotel during peak times making it difficult or a long wait to pull into the hotel entrance.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelinKenChi
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I would give this particular Sheraton a thumbs down for family friendliness, bed comfort, water temperature, and parking. All which are very important!

First, my family and I have been to many of the Starwood Hotels for business and pleasure; Westin, Four Points, Sheraton, etc., but this particular Sheraton's walls are so thin you can hear what ever drunken person has to say at 2:45 a.m. We felt like we were at a Motel 6. This latest stay we were awaken by the sounds of screaming, moaning, and calling out to God, it was disgusting, to say the least. We asked if someone could come up and ask our neighbors to cool it or take it down a notch so that we could get some rest but that didn't happen. Trust me, you DON'T want your kids at this hotel or if you are in town to take chemotherapy treatments at MD Anderson, choose another location!

Second, the parking is $13 a day if you park yourself, are you serious? Or $20 a day if you want valet. Excuse me, I'm paying $154+ a night and you also want me to pay you to park? Never again...

Lastly, you want to make sure you take a shower at night because in the morning there is NO HOT WATER, and don't bother calling and asking about it because it won't change anything. You will get a, "Yes, thank you so much, we will change that right away." But, don't expect any change. The BED WAS HARD AS A ROCK, this was not the Sheraton, or Westin sweet sleeper bed that we are accustomed to having when staying at Starwood hotels.

Over all I would have to give this hotel a 2 on a scale of 1-10. The employess were friendly but everything else was not so great.

Room Tip: Don't choose one here!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2012

First stay at the Galleria area hotel. Rooms were clean and a roomy suite layout. Furniture in my room needed updating but the big flat screens were a nice find for the room. Reasonable price for a busy Houston market during the rodeo. Fast service for valet parking and room service. A good SPG option similar to the Hilton Post Oak.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business