“Fancy place, but no microwave”

Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria
Ranked #103 of 504 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Fancy place, but no microwave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed here one night. Fancy place, fridge in room. Spacious, comfy bed! My only complaint is the fact that there was no microwave in the entire hotel that could be used by guests.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Breakfast good - buffet, all you can eat - omellettes on request. Rooms very large - for the price I got an executive size with separate bedroom, study, changing room, huge bathroom etc. Ideal location for downtown and trip back to the airport. All staff very friendly, bar staff great and helpful - will be coming back again !

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
MyronW, Manager at Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
I am in receipt of your comments as it relates to your recent visit here at the Sheraton Suites Houston. We're delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations and that you will visit with us again in the near future. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to connecting with you soon.

Warm Regards,

Myron Washington
Director of Operations
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

Rooms are like a home away from home with a living area separated from the bedroom. It's also pet friendly and the service was excellent and friendly!

• Stayed November 2011
I am in receipt of your comments as it relates to your recent visit here at the Sheraton Suites Houston. We're delighted to know that we provided you a home away from home by exceeding your expectations for all members of your family. We take great pride in providing qualiy service to all and we're glad you had an opportunity to experience it. Thanks so much for staying with us and we look forward to connecting with you all again real soon.

Warm Regards,

Myron Washington
Director of Operations
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

A property that is feeling its age, but with spacious rooms and a good location.
I had a great deal of difficulty on connecting to the Internet, and eventually gave up, using my I phone in stead of my computer.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Savannah, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

We booked this hotel through a discount travel site at close to half of the other rates we'd found online. If we'd paid the "regular" rate, we would have been pretty disappointed.

Our room was not one that had been recently renovated as some earlier reviewers suggested. The couch is old and sunken in (really not comfortable at all), and the room was showing wear and tear in other areas (parts of walls peeling, old cabinets in the sink/fridge area and bathroom, rust stains in the tub). There is no ventilation in any part of the bathroom, so at least one door (either the one to the bedroom or the living area) must be kept open in order to get any air circulation at all. The bed was pretty hard (could not compete at all with a Westin bed), but the pillows were nice.

Service was OK. We were promised a shuttle "in five minutes" to dinner our first night and were told just to wait in the lobby and the driver would come in and find us. We waited for 20 (had to call to let the restaurant know we would be late) before deciding we would call a cab; when we went outside to ask the valet if he could call/signal one, he called the shuttle driver who was waiting in another area of the parking lot. Front desk staff was average.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

The hotel is slightly dated but unlike myself it is not ready for retirement !

Staff service and cleanliness make up for the dated rooms. Hotel is convenient if you are looking to be close to the galleria, uptown or downtown area. Be aware however traffic in this area is a NIGHTMARE from 6 a.m to 10 a.m and 3 pm to 7:30 pm.

Room Tip: The whole area does not offer much of a view unless you are a civil engineer.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Lisa L
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

Stayed here for one night and thought it was a nice stay. The hotel is ageing, there's no getting around that, but whilst its a bit wrinkly, the staff were friendly and helpful and I must say the wifi connection is fast and included in the price of the room, which is good.

We stayed in room 519, which had a small living room, a bedroom, a shower room with a toilet and a bathroom with a big mirror and two sinks. The little kitchenette had an empty fridge, which I thought was very useful. There were two flat screen TVs (one in the living room and one in the bedroom) with plenty of channels in English and in Spanish.

I was slightly unfortunate that the people in the next room were loud and obnoxious and kept trying to come through the joining door at 3am, which could've been very scary to some, but I was still writing up a report for the following morning at that time in the living room so it didn't wake me up and if they would have managed to come through the door, I'm fairly confident on my ability to fend off a few drunks.

I thought the staff made all the difference though - friendly smiles all around and they were very helpful indeed. I got a good deal through Hotwire so the price was about right when you consider the building's need for a major overhaul... if I had paid full price for the hotel, I don't think I would've felt I had received good value for money because the age of the place does shine through, but I didn't pay a lot so I'm delighted with my stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business