“Beautiful, clean hotel with great service!”

Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental
Ranked #106 of 506 Hotels in Houston
North Street, MI
“Beautiful, clean hotel with great service!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Very nice hotel, true to the Sheraton brand. Convenient to airport, about two miles away. Great customer service. We needed two rooms next to each other and a crib. The manager contacted me twice by e-mail to make certain the hotel was meeting our needs. Front desk staff and housekeeper who delivered the crib were exceptionally pleasant. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
John C, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regards to your recent stay. We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay and our staffs were able to meet and exceed your expectation. We take great pride in our work and thank you so much for the recognizing their work. I will be sharing your review with our staff to continue promoting customer service culture. Thank you once again for the review and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Colorado
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had a one night lay over in Houston and Pricelined this and I suppose we got what we paid for. The staff was very friendly and the shuttle from prompt, but the first room we checked into smelled old and moldy. Once changed rooms, and it was better for sure. The carpet in the lobby was gross and the hallways were stuffy and old smelling.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
John C, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regards to your stay. First, I would like to apologize for falling short of your expectation. Hotel is under new ownership and managment and is currently undergoing multi-million dollar renovation to address your concerns. I would like to also thank you for recognizing our staff for their job well done. I'm sure once renovation is complete, we will be able to exceed your expectation. Thank you for the feedback and we hope you will come back to visit us in the near future.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I tried to like this place, stayed several times, and understand that they are remodeling... but when you are sitting in bed, trying to read a book, you see a roach crawl over the bed, that just does not sit well...

Additionally, there was hair in the tub... I can overlook once or twice some imperfections, but with the lack of detail and the roach, that was the last straw.

Stayed in a Junior Suite.

Again, I tried, I really wanted to like the place... easy to get in an out of, easy access to the beltway... the only Starwood place in north Houston, but I guess there are other properties I can try...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your staff. We have contacted pesticide company to come and treat exterior and interior of the hotel. I have also addressed your concern regards to cleanliness of the bathtub with the proper department head to prevent any further occurrences. We hope you will come back to give us one more opportunity to service your accommodation needs. If you do, please contact me in advance. Thank you.
Innsbruck, Austria
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stopped one night at the hotel after a long haul flight from Europe before continuing on our journey in the USA. As per other reviews, the hotel is need of an update which I understand is underway. A pity it has not been completed yet as the hotel appears to be run-down and grubby.
The staff are welcoming and helpful which is really nice when you consider that they are working against the odds in a place that is undergoing a massive facelift.
Our room was adequate, it had been cleaned and our request for a King-size bed had been met. However, the bed was the type that when one person made any movement at all, the whole bed moved. Air con was OK, but noisy. Bathroom adequate for one night.
We used the restaurant and the food was only just OK. If we hadn't been so tired, we would have complained as it was not much better than fast food, the prices were not fast food prices though.
One of the most annoying aspects of our stay was that our booking requirements through expedia had not been recognized. This appears to lie with expedia rather than the hotel and we will be contacting them to let them know this. Our booking was for a Club room with the so-called benefits of the Club lounge, for which we had paid. We were kindly given the King size room but there was no record of the Club room booking in the hotels system. When checking our booking, we were told that there had been no Club room booking made by expedia. It seems that the Club lounge was unavailable as it is under renovation and a separate room has been set aside as a temporary lounge. We checked it out and quite frankly I would not like to spend any time there at all, it was distinctly unpleasant. If part of the facilities are not available, then this should be mentioned at the time of booking.

Room Tip: Request a room which has been updated and renovated.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regards to your recent stay. I would like to first apologize for falling short of your expectation. As you have mentioned, hotel is currently undergoing multi-million dollar renovation under new ownership and management. Once renovation is done, I'm sure we will have most of your concerns addressed. Thank you for also noticing wonderful work our staffs are doing. We hope you will come back to give us another opportunity to serve your accommodation needs in the future once renovation is complete.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Dirty carpet in room, had it vacuumed but paint spots stayed. Room smelled of paint & air-con was as noisy as jets passing overhead. Hotel staff refused to collect laundry and argued the point. Bar had less ambience that train station waiting room

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for takinig the time to share your experience at our hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for falling short of your expectation. We are in process of going back to few rooms to remove the paints on the carpet. Our AC unit is very quiet but if that wasn't the case in your room, I'm sorry it wasn't caught before your arrival and fixed. I'm not sure why any of our staff refused to pick up the laundry but if you can give me little more details, I would truly appreciate it so that I can make sure it doesn't happen again. Bar you have visited is temporary bar and we should have the new bar up and running in couple more weeks. Once again, thank you for the feedback and we hope you give us another opportunity to serve your accommodation needs next time you visit the area.
Protem, Missouri
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I spent some time with the sales manager who described the planned updates for this hotel. The room I used was just fine. Nice bed and the air conditioner kept the room as cold as I liked. I have problems at quite a few hotels getting the room as cool as I prefer. It's the lobby and the bar which both need work. I's say that with the updates this will be a nice place to stay. Very close to the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regards to your stay. As you have mentioned, most of the rooms are completed with their renovation and the bar is currently undergoing complete renovation. Once the bar is done, lobby is scheduled to be renovated and I'm sure we will be able to exceed your expectation once all the work is done. Once again, thank you for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Bergen County, NJ
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Sorry to say, even though this hotel saved me from the nightmare of a cancelled flight out of Houston's Bush Airport, or sleeping in the airport.... it's really quite a "not great whatsoever" experience......

The hotel is so dated and the rugs are dirty.
The hotel restaurant and "bar" are bizzare - to say the least.
The sleeping rooms.... well let's just say the bed didn't kill me, so that's ok.
The prices in the "gift shop" ridiculously high end for the "necessities" stranded travelers need...

Shall I go on?

With all the other choices, next time, I will pick one of those!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regards to your stay. First, I would like to apologize for falling short of your expectation. Hotel is under new ownership and management and is currently undergoing multi-million dollar renovation to address all the issues you have mentioned. Lobby you have mentioned will be completely renovated and bar you have mentioned is currently under renovation and bar you have visited was our temporary bar. As far as gift shop is concerned, it is seperate entity and hotel does not operate the gift shop. I do hope next time you visit North Houston area, you will visit us under better circumstances and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay with us.