Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental
Ranked #111 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have stayed at this Sheraton before when connecting in Houston. The hotel is super close to the airport but not so close where you hear every plane coming in. In March 2013, we spent one night at the hotel before we flew home the following day. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived and saw that renovations have been occurring. Our room was fantastic! Everything new and very modern. The hallway was renovated as well with new carpet, paint and wallpaper. The room was clean and very comfortable. As always, I love the bed!! So comfortable. Since we only came in to rest and sleep, we didn't try the restaurant but when we were there last, it was pretty good. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. We will always book the Sheraton when in Houston.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Laura S
JohnChoi_Sheraton, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out wonderful review regards to your last stay with us. I'm so delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay and thank you for recognizing the transformation hotel is making to better serve our guest. This renovation includes not just all guest rooms but the public areas, the restauarant and the bar, and the club lounge along with numerous upgrades. I would also like to thank you for recognizing our front desk staff for job well done. I hope on your next visit, we will have the renovation wrapped up and for you to be able to enjoy not just newly renovated rooms but rest of the hotel as well.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Horrible experience. Will never stay here ever again. No A/C- No hot water.
When we arrived back at 3AM & discovered these problems the front desk never answered the phone. I'm pretty sure they kept hanging up on me. So I gave up. As a Starwood member this is beyond disappointing.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
JohnChoi_Sheraton, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I would like to first apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. One day in March, we did have a problem with our chiller and was down for 2 hours period and it was brought back online. Since then, we have addressed the issue and do not anticipate any further problem. As far as water issue is concerned, it's part of the renovation scope and we are addressing it as we are currently under renovation. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your accommodation needs next time you travel to North Houston area to showcase the trasformation hotel has gone through. Thank you so much once again for the feedback and for your future stay with us, please contact me directly at j.choi@sheratoniah.com.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for years for work and I must say that lately it has gone down hill. They are doing construction, but even the rooms that are finished are not really that well kept, and the constant issues with water and odor and other maintinence problems would keep me away. On my last stay I was moved 3 times until there was finally a room with no issue. That said, the staff is nice but that is not enough to bring me back and I would by no means suggest someone else stay there.

Room Tip: As stated before, I don't think there are unless you are a starwood member and the executive flo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. As you have mentioned, hotel is currently undergoing renovation and water issue is one of the area being addressed. As far as odor is concerned, it was caused by the renovation and we have changed the paint to avoid that going forward. I do apologize for having to move you 3 times during your last stay along with water and odor issue. I did notice you have mentioned you prefer room on our executive floor and I will be more than happy to accommodate your request on next stay. Please contact me directly at j.choi@sheratoniah.com and I will take care of that request for you. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your accommodation needs next time you travel to North Houston area. Thank you.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Have been at the hotel 1 month now on company business with 1 month to go. Hot water is intermittent, Internet works 10% of the time. Help desk answers phone 10% of the time. Room is noisy with elevator nearby. Restaurant is good but expensive. Transportation is hit and miss. Overall I would rather be at most any other hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for taking the time the time to let us know about your current stay. Hotel is undergoing muti-million dollar renovation and most of the issues you have mentioned is being addressed. As far as internet problem you are having, please contact me directly so that I can look into more detail and get it fixed. Feel free to call the operator or the front desk and ask for me. Look forward to speaking with you. Thank you.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed one night before an international flight. Half of the check-in process the GSA was on the phone with another guest. Good thing the hotel is getting a renovation, it definitely needs it. Room was decent (9th floor, Club Level). Shower pressure left something to be desired and wireless was slow. I really hope they do a good job with the renovation, as we love staying at SPG locations, but for the price I'd rather stay at the Elements at Vintage park and wake up 20 minutes earlier.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnChoi_Sheraton, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Sheraton North Houston. As you have mentioned, hotel is currently under renovation and we have no doubt we will exceed your expectation next time you visit after renovation is complete. Renovation includes all guest rooms, public areas, sheraton club lounge and food and beverage outlets. We thank you for being a loyal SPG member and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

One of the least impressive Sheratons that we have ever stayed at - not up to the usual Sheraton standard. While the room itself was fine (good size and adequate furnishings), the lobby and public areas are drab and characterless. This hotel needs to spruce up those areas badly. The restaurant was particularly lacking in decor, and the food was passable at best. Hotel service was fine, but all in all, would not select this airport hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking your time tell us about your recent stay. I apologize for falling short of your expectation. To address your concerns, hotel is currently undergoing $13 million renovation that includes all the areas you have mentioned and more. We are already getting rooms that are fully renovated back in service and the bar recently started it's renovation process. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future to showcase how we have transformed and to exceed your expectation in every way.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Pretty nice hotel. Gym and pool is open 24 hours/day. The gym has a rack of free dumbbells, a lat machine, and a bunch of treadmills. You can get in a descent workout there. Also has a coin operated laundromat and free in-room Wi-Fi. Free daily paper and Wall St. Journal in lobby. The room itself was average. I think it's a good place to stay for business, but not for a romantic getaway.

We had to stay overnight to catch a connecting flight. It's located close to the airport. They do NOT have free shuttle PICK-UPs anymore....about $16 by cab to the hotel. They do still offer a free shuttle to the airport.

I think I would stay there again, mostly because they have a gym.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnChoi_Sheraton, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. Sheraton fitness center has been recently renovated and rest of the hotel is currently undergoing renovation as well. I'm not sure where the miscommunication occured but we do still provide free shuttle to and from the airport 24 hours a day. Please give us a call for pick up next time you need a pick up from the airport. Thank you once again for the feedback and look forward to welcoming back.