Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental
$181
$161
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$88
$139
$105
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsclose to the airportthe club loungeairport hotelhour layovergeorge bushconnecting flightshuttle servicean overnight stayshort staystayed here for one nightan early flightfree shuttleoutdoor poolbed was very comfortablebusiness centeriahairline
Reviewed October 2, 2012

VALUE/LOCATION: Traveled on business, and usually I stay @ 4* or above. Got this deal for $77 on Priceline week of Sept 24. I wouldn't pay more than $80 for this hotel. It is not worth the $160 advertised, as $160 is pretty close to the price of a 4* hotel, and 4* this Sherton is not. Really, this hotel is a 3* hotel by California standards, not 3 1/2 star hotel as advertised. You are paying for location - close to the airport is why they can charge nigher rate. Hotel is about 10 mins from IAH airport.

OVERALL APPEARANCE: Lobby decor is dated, but rooms are nice w/ browns wood accents, and bed was very comfortable(I stayed on Club Level floor). There's only 2 balconies in entire hotel, and they are consistently booked. Very dirty windows I could not see out of. Room needs more light, and there should be a key slot to insert your room key to turn on all the lights in the room instead of having to turn on 4 individual lamps. No fridge either. But there is a little coffee pot, so that's a bonus.

LOCATION: Hotel is located very far from downtown 20-25 mins with NO traffic & a $100 taxi ride roundtrip. There's no other way to downtown except the public bus. Nothing to do around this area. Nearest food place is a few blocks, but very dark surroundings and kinda spooky. Hotel borders an area that's not so safe.

STAFF: Staff -- very friendly and always willing to go extra mile. They made my stay here enjoyable.

BREAKFAST: Continetnal Breakfast -- I was on the go, and all they served was cereal, mini-croissants, fruit, OJ and that's it. I was hoping for a bagel or some other bread source that's more filling. They need to add more take away items besides fruit as this hotel caters to business people who are constantly on the go.

POOL: Pool outside was tiny, as if this was a pool for a Motel 6. Lots of wasted space by pool, which they should expand and make pool area larger. The Indoor pool, which I did not use, looked kept well and clean.

FITNESS CENTER: Nice new equipment. New treadmills with TV screens, etc., assorted weights. I think this was newly remodeled & was very modern.

Room Tip: Ask for Club Level rooms are newer.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TurboKickChick
Jeff_Elkins, Front Office Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback. The hotel is scheduled to be remodeled starting next month. We welcome you back to see our new improvements.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I booked a 1 night stay for last Thursday (9/27/12) for me and my wife using Hotwire. I later realized that due to a flight arrangements (we were both abroad), my wife will arrive few hours before me. Knowing that this may cause issue at check-in I went online and sent email to the one of the Managers(email address listed on the official website) explaining the whole situation and providing all details about reservation and who will be arriving first. I got no response for 3 days and presumed that everything is taken care of. I arrived to find that the front desk team did not know anything about my request and my wife had to book another room to be able to check-in. To our delight this was handled, as soon as I checked in, by the front desk Supervisor (evening shift I guess since it was about 2030h when I arrived). The Gentleman was extremely polite and took care of things in a minute with a big smile. I wonder if it would have taken even a minute for his Manager to fwd my email and shoot me a short reply confirming my request....
About the hotel-Room was good size and well maintained, the bed was very comfortable and the pillows...well let me say that I am very picky when it comes to pillows, but I really enjoyed theirs.
Bear in mind that you can occasionally hear the planes taking off...
Basil's kitchen-basic menu but the food was very good, price was just right, but the service was Great!.
Airport shuttle/Check-in: I called for the shuttle at 2002hrs and was checked in and in the room at 2029hrs...Fast check out as well, but the morning shuttle driver seemed to be unhappy with what he was doing.
The business center down at the lobby is a good size and well equipped.
I've already booked another night for when we get back to Houston in few weeks and will surely provide some more info on the experience.

Room Tip: The corner rooms seems to be bigger (those at the end of the corridors)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the positive feed back. I'm am glad to hear that the staff was able to take good care of you and that your enjoyed your stay. I will look into the matter of your email, I apologize for any inconveniences that may have caused. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I got a great rate on this hotel on hotels.com. Shuttle service is dependable and convenient. Check in/out was the fastest I've ever experienced - very friendly and accomodating staff. Hotel was nice and seems to cater to the business traveler. On site restaurant was adequate and reasonably priced. Rooms were comfortable and clean - beds are great! We stayed here for one night when connecting on the way home and would not hesitate to do so again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Jeff_Elkins, Front Office Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback. We truly enjoy taking care of our guest. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had a few things to do in Houston before departing after a US Road Trip. After staying at the Sheraton in LA and deciding we were impressed with the chain we booked in to this one near the airport.

Very comfortable; friendly lady in the gift shop downstairs, nice swimming pools (an indoor and an outdoor so you have the option!)

Definitely recommend the club levels - the lounge area has a very nice breakfast layout which is attended by a member of staff. The ones we encountered (we stayed 3 nights) we pleasant, friendly and helpful.

We were on the top floor overlooking the airport with aircraft (sometimes two at a time!) taking off directly towards us; and barely heard a thing! Definitely no noise problems.

Room Tip: Club Level for the lounge/comp breakfast/drinks.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Jeff_Elkins, Front Office Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed at the property on a layover coming back form Europe. The good aspects were the fast shuttle pick up, the speed of check in and the breakfast on the club floor. The not good was the smell as you entered the club floor, the crickets in the hall, the baseboards in the room weren't clean and a general dingy feeling. The service in the pub was slow despite there being very few customers. We had a hard tine getting our room cooled down despite having it set at 60 F. There was limited hot water in the shower, even at 1 am.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff_Elkins, Front Office Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for your valued feedback. Your concerns will be addressed immediately.