“Service is fantastic, The Staff was Super”

Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental
Ranked #102 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Service is fantastic, The Staff was Super”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I have had many employees stay at this location and they cannot say enough nice things about the kindness of the staff. The food in the restarant is excellent. Making reservations has always been made simple. I booked a very large meeting with several employees traveling from other countries and arriving at different times the the staff at Sheraton North accomadated everyone and made them feel like individuals instead of a large group. We will continue to use this location for meetings and booking out of town customers and employees.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
tpsims, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Thank you so much for your great feedback. I will ensure you we will continue to train our staff to offer the upmost customer service and food. We look forward to moving forward with your travelers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We travel a lot for business. The Sheraton North Houston is close to our business and is a hotel of preference for us. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, even last minute. They always go above and beyond to see that our employees have whatever they need, and that their stay is enjoyable. Joe Alvillar is fantastic, and he brings a personal touch to our employees stay. As far as the property, the hotel is very clean, and well maintained. The restaurant has high quality food, and the lounge looks very relaxing. I would highly recommend this property to travelers.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your business. I know Joe strives to exceed all of his guest expectations on a daily basis. He looks forward to serving his clients.
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I stayed at the Sheraton North Houston for 2 nights in July 2011.

Pros:

- very close to IAH airport.

- large and clean room with a comfortable bed. Free water in room.

- Free parking and free airport shuttle.

- Free (but slow) internet PCs in lobby with possibility to print.

- Nice pool.

- Nice staff.

Cons:

- Rooms need update (carpet had some stains, bathroom was up to date in the 80s, furniture a bit dated).

- Quite noisy from the room next to mine due to a connecting door. Could understand every word and always knew (3am!) what tv channel they were watching.

- WiFi in room 10$/24h. Should be free.

- Uninteresting direct surrounding of hotel, but a few options to eat (Didn't try the Hotel restaurant).

- Starting aircrafts can be quite noisy. Even in the room although it had double glass.

Room Tip: If you like watching planes take a room facing the runway.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your break down of feedback. I will say we strive on a daily basis to go above and beyond to ensure we exceed our guest expectations. I will say we continue on a daily basis to work on all areas of our property so that we keep all areas of our property clean and in working order.
houston
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Maybe I have a really high tolerance for 'service' as I've worked in the service industry for years now. That being said it was much better from the usual Super 8 type garbage I stay @.

I was flying Continental and those idiots messed up my flight. Comped me a free room here and a free meal. Was supposed to be 2 meals. Turns out everything on the menu costs more than what the voucher was for. Probably Continental's fault though.

Anyway, room was neat, clean, air condition felt great after being on that hot plane for 4 hours. Beds were comfortable. TVs took forever to change the channel. The food in the restaurant was good though.

Had to leave 1st thing in the morning so I didn't have time to eat breakfast. The only downside I had was the shuttle driver botched the terminal I was staying @ and i ended up having to catch a tram train to terminal B in order to make up for the guy's mistake.

But overall I enjoyed it. Room was really nice. Service was decent. People @ the front desk were polite. The restaurant wasn't as good. The service was incompetent.

Overall though I'd love to stay there again.

Room Tip: No idea, Continental picked my room for me....
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback on your unexpected stay with my property.
Reviewed July 7, 2011

As a meeting planner, I booked an event at the Sheraton, and it was like working with a partner! The friendly staff took care of all our requests immediately, the room was set perfectly and our clients were comfortable and happy. The hotel has excellent meeting space as well as guest rooms. Very clean, very friendly staff, excellent food and the best service we could have asked for! I highly recommend the Sheraon North Houston Hotel for your meeting and/or guest room needs.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I have been to this hotel several times for business and have never had a bad experince. The people are always friendly and accomodating. I have also seen them extend the same courtesy to liesure travelers and distressed passengers. So need not worry if not a business traveller. The beds are comfy and they have an adequate gym, Cardio and some free weight dumbells. I would recomend this hotel to anybody.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2011

As a frequent visitor to Houston, I've stayed at the Sheraton a number of times. It's the staff here that set this hotel apart from others: always very pleasant, helpful, and go above and beyond to make my time here go smoothly! Most recently, I needed to print a large document for a meeting on short notice, and the hotel took care of it, which was great! The facilities are kept clean and tidy. It's my home away from home when I'm at IAH. It couldn't be more convenient to the airport, and the shuttles are spacious and run on 20 minute schedule, and they'll pick you up on demand from any terminal.

Room Tip: I prefer the north side in the summer, south side in the winter...