“Pleasant Stay”

Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow
Ranked #173 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Overall, a very good experience.
-Service provided by Manager Henry Strait at check-in was outstanding - he was friendly, personable, and attentive. He went out of his way to accomodate our large family in adjoining rooms, going to the effort of placing us in a quieter, less trafficked area of the hotel, as to minimize disturbances/noise.
-Hotel has overnight security personnel who patrol the grounds.
-For the most part, the hotel was very clean - we encountered a minor cleanliness/maintenance issues with the bathrooms in each of our respective rooms. It was nice, and redeeming for Crowne Plaza, that when these issues were brought to their attention, they fixed them as soon as possible. No issues with anything else in the rooms.
-Nice beds, furniture, linens, and towels.
-My family and I would happily stay at this location again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us and I'm glad to hear that your issues were promptly taken care of to your satisfaction. We look forward to hosting your next visit to the Houston area.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Beautiful hotel... very comfortable, nice rooms. Beautiful view. Great location on the freeway. Close to several restaurants also close to the theatre... But what made it the best was the desk staff , Crystal. She was very helpful. She was always pleasant. When she spoke she called my name. Made suggestions on things to do for the weekend.

• Stayed: November 2013
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you found the accommodations comfortable and the staff pleasant. Crystal has been a great asset to our team and I have passed along your praise so she will know the efforts do indeed have an impact. We hope to host any future trips you may have to Houston.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed here several days and found the staff to be very attentive to my needs. The hotel is an older model, but the room that I stayed in had been renovated, was roomy, and comfortable. The hot tub was large, very hot, and a nice place to soak away the aches and pains of the day.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. I am glad to hear you found the room accommodating and the staff was helpful and friendly. We hope you will stay with us for your future visits to Houston.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I was worried about staying at this location, after reading all of the reviews online about the problems others had and the old age of the property. But the convention I was attending, Houston Arcade Expo, was based at this hotel so I figured I'd book it there and try it out. My 5th floor room was updated and had no problems - except for the bed was harder than what I'm used to sleeping on. And with the Expo's reduced hotel rate - it was a perfect stay! The restaurant/room service menu prices are outrageous - beware! Several other restaurant choices nearby.

Room Tip: My room was in the tallest building - they have 2 other detached buildings that are about 3 floors h...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We were happy to host the Arcade show again this year and are thrilled to hear that you found your stay enjoyable. We look forward to hosting this event next year as well.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights in November for work and booked a King room on the 10th floor. The lady at the check in desk was less than interested in serving me and more interested in assisting other staff members who came and went whilst i was checking in. The room itself is very large, however it still only had a king bed and small desk and side cupboard with TV on it. The most dissapointing thing about the room is the bathroom, I could not open the door completely as it hit the shower rail above the bath, this forced me to step sideways around the toilet to be able to either use the toilet or shut the door, as you are probably gathering the bathroom is tiny and only just functional, not what i would expect in one of the more expensive rooms. The other dissapointing factor is the restaurant is not open in the evenings, if you want to dine you are limited to room service or sitting in the bar / lounge area. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Northwest. I want to first apologize that you do not feel the staff was attentive and I have taken your comments and addressed this issue with them as this is not normally the feedback we receive on our service levels. We are scheduled for some room upgrades in the coming year and we hope you will give us another chance to make a better impression. Again thank you for sharing your experience as this is how we are able to improve.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

One thing i have to mention is the Hospitality of the front desk staff and also shuttle driver.I can't remember everyone name but specially Henry, Lisa, Carlos and Stanley helped me during my stay at Crowne Plaza.It was my First Visit at Houston. The restaurant recommended by them was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for commenting on your stay with us, we are always glad to hear we have exceeded our guest expectations. I have shared your comments with the entire front office team as they take great pride in a job well done. I hope you have found a new home away from home for any future visits to our city.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The entire staff was dedicated to exceptional customer service!... especially Megan who went out of her way to print & deliver my boarding pass to my room after a 10 hour day with 15 minutes to change for a dinner meeting.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments on the staff we are always glad to hear they are going above and beyond for our guest. I have passed your kind words along to Megan and the rest of the team and we look forward to serving you again in the future.