“Average is generous” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow
Ranked #140 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Australia
“Average is generous”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights in November for work and booked a King room on the 10th floor. The lady at the check in desk was less than interested in serving me and more interested in assisting other staff members who came and went whilst i was checking in. The room itself is very large, however it still only had a king bed and small desk and side cupboard with TV on it. The most dissapointing thing about the room is the bathroom, I could not open the door completely as it hit the shower rail above the bath, this forced me to step sideways around the toilet to be able to either use the toilet or shut the door, as you are probably gathering the bathroom is tiny and only just functional, not what i would expect in one of the more expensive rooms. The other dissapointing factor is the restaurant is not open in the evenings, if you want to dine you are limited to room service or sitting in the bar / lounge area. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Northwest. I want to first apologize that you do not feel the staff was attentive and I have taken your comments and addressed this issue with them as this is not normally the feedback we receive on our service levels. We are scheduled for some room upgrades in the coming year and we hope you will give us another chance to make a better impression. Again thank you for sharing your experience as this is how we are able to improve.

Dave Comerota

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Indonesian first
Rajshahi City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

One thing i have to mention is the Hospitality of the front desk staff and also shuttle driver.I can't remember everyone name but specially Henry, Lisa, Carlos and Stanley helped me during my stay at Crowne Plaza.It was my First Visit at Houston. The restaurant recommended by them was excellent.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your stay with us, we are always glad to hear we have exceeded our guest expectations. I have shared your comments with the entire front office team as they take great pride in a job well done. I hope you have found a new home away from home for any future visits to our city.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

The entire staff was dedicated to exceptional customer service!... especially Megan who went out of her way to print & deliver my boarding pass to my room after a 10 hour day with 15 minutes to change for a dinner meeting.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments on the staff we are always glad to hear they are going above and beyond for our guest. I have passed your kind words along to Megan and the rest of the team and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

After experiencing some issues with our reservations, the front desk team member Henry was able to resolve our problem very quickly, even during busy check in time. My colleagues and I were very impressed with his speed and upbeat attitude. Always a pleasure to deal with a person that takes pride in his job.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service and I am glad to hear Henry continues to do so. He is one of our strongest assets. We look forward to hosting your next stay in Houston.

Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We came to stay for Rice University's hall of fame induction. The staff were very nice and accommodating but the maintenance is very poor. The air conditioning unit in our room would not turn on at all -no heat or air or fan. I discovered it at 10:45 pm. I was going to call the front desk but guess what, our phone was out of order. The next morning, I walked down to the front desk to report the issue. They fixed the air conditioning but never the phone. My father in law also had no phone service in his room. The water in his shower was lukewarm at best. Our shower temperature was fine. I went downstairs the last night to print our boarding passes for in the morning. I asked where I could go to print them. The front desk sent me to the Business Center. I went through the process but after pressing print, nothing happened. I went to call the front desk and guess what? No phones in the Business Center so I had to walk up to the front desk again. A new lady was at the front desk and she said the printers and computers had not been working for several days. She let me come back to the front desk and use the computer there to print the boarding passes. She also gave us free passes for breakfast the next morning. While I was there, another guest came to ask about the dryers in the laundry center. She said that they had been broken for several days. She did offer to have housekeeping wash his clothes the next day. The staff seem to be trying to please the customers but are having a hard time due to poor or delayed maintenance.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that the staff was accommodating when issues arose. I have taken this list of concerns to our Chief Engineer and they are all being addressed. Again thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Baker, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stay here every time we come to Prairie View"s homecoming game. It is an excellent facility with excellent food and excellent service. I didn't get the name of the maid who cleaned our room, but she did an excellent job each day. The beds are wonderful and I get a good night's sleep. The walls could be a little thicker; someone yelling in the next room disturbed my slumber in the middle of the night. We got excellent from Carlos Figueroa who took our bags to the car upon leaving. Also from the bellman who took our bags up when we arrived. I didn't get his name though. Carlos remembered my husband from our last visit. That means a lot.

Room Tip: I didn't use the spa.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your weekend with us. We look forward to the annual Prairie View weekend and are glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well. We look forward to hosting the event next year.

General Mangare
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at your hotel. What I wanted to do was formally applaud two of your team members, Crystal and Henry. They were both friendly, helpful and quick to act.

What impressed me most was that Henry referenced me by name each time I came by the desk. I'm sure he sees a lot of people in a day and that was something that I really appreciated. That kind of thing goes a long way.

All the best,

Mike Fencil

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with the Crowne Plaza Houston Northwest. Our goal is to provide excellent service and it is great to hear that Crystal and Henry provided this. I have shared your comments with them and let them know that there efforts are appreciated.