“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #141 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Livingston, TX
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were there for a convention, and this worked great. The room was clean and comfortable, and quiet. The staff was so helpful with any questions or concerns. There were over 200 people there for the convention, but they carried it off without a hitch. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby, very convenient. Henry Strait was the manager during our stay and he was fantastic. Always friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I was in 212 - dreadful place to stay - right in front of a lounge/bar and the opening for the atriu...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thanks you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that your convention went well and the staff was accommodating. We always strive to exceed guest and meeting attendee’s expectations and it is always a pleasure to hear we have succeeded.

Dave Comerota

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Indonesian first
MOBILE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed at this property Fri-Sun Oct 4-6, 2013. Room 611. I really did not have much interaction with hotel staff. Full service property with plenty of parking and a restaurant. Several eating establishments close. My room was a bit dated, but decent. A/C worked well. I would have enjoyed a microwave and refrigerator. House keepers did a nice job cleaning.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We hope you will allow us to host your next trip to Houston as well.

Garland, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

The hotel furnishings need upgrading. The Staff was helpful and friendly. The Manager, Henry Strait was exceptional, he made my stay easy and went above and beyond to help me in a
couple situations. Good experience!

Room Tip: Rooms lack a few conveniences.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive feedback, I have shared this with Henry and he is always glad to hear he has provided excellent service. We are scheduled to receive some property upgrades this year and hope you will allow us to host your next trip to Houston

Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Attended a convention held at this hotel. Arrived about 5:30 p.m. on Thursday. Greeted by nice front desk personnel; assisted with luggage and unloading my car by wonderfully friendly/sweet staff. Shared a double queen room which was clean and comfortable. Throughout convention the hotel staff remained friendly and accommodating. Hotel is easy to get to (despite road construction in Houston), beds were comfortable, continental breakfast was better than average although it would be nice if water could be available for breakfast. Convention meals were wonderful. Breakfast buffet in restaurant on the last day of convention was great. Meeting rooms were comfortable but dining room for convention of this size was a bit too small. The only really bad thing I can say is that service in the bar was lacking. We ate in the bar the first evening but had to beg for service which was very slow. Also on Saturday evening after convention event service by the ONE bartender was very lacking. The line to get served was long, and when it was my turn I paid with credit card and bartender did not complete my transaction telling me he didn't have time at that moment so he kept my card and started waiting on those behind me in line and on the other side of the bar. I was NOT happy about that as I do NOT want to leave a credit card with ANYBODY. I eventually had to get back in the serving line (long) and wait my turn again and demand the transaction be completed in order to have my card returned. The bar is the one area that needs to be addressed. Hire another bartender or two; and get some service people in the bar. (But if you do finally get service in the bar and decide to eat in there, the food is very good. I recommend the chicken salad sandwiches on croissant roll, and can also recommend the potato skins.)

Also, if you want a room with a refrigerator, be sure to request one -- we did not have one and it was difficult for me because I had no way to store my insulin.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by highway noise, be aware that this hotel is located on a busy freeway and road...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Northwest. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I have shared your feedback about the service in the bar with the team in order to improve. We hope you will see a change during your next stay with us.

Edmond, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Two nights on a business trip. Clean, friendly staff but this hotel shows its age. Decor, carpets, wall paper, furniture are not up to Crowne Plaza standard, they need to be changed. Noisy window air conditioning unit. Poor sound proofing, on top of a noisy highway.
The club lounge on the first floor is a very sad place where to have a drink, the gym is very poor.
Bathroom is outdated. Great bed with good linen, good location easy access.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room on the back of they hotel, they might be quieter.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Crowne Plaza Northwest. I am thrilled to hear that you found the staff helpful and accommodating. We are scheduled to receive some property upgrades in the coming months, please allow us to host your future trips to the Houston area so you can follow our progress.

Round Rock Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Arrived Friday at 4:00 PM for a 3 day stay at a baseball tournament. Met at the desk a very personable and helpful young man named Henry Strait. I needed a baggage buggy but there weren't any available. Henry told me where to park my car and he would find one and meet me at my car...and that is exactly what he did. I had several items that would have required at least 2 trips to my room up and down the stairs, but Henry went above and beyond and really helped me out. The bartender whose name I didn't get was also very helpful with directions and advice on the traffic...over all I was thoroughly impressed with the room, the price and especially the service. Free hot buffet breakfast was outstanding as well.
Will definitely return to this hotel next time I am in Houston...well done Henry!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Henry has been a great asset to the team in the time he has been here and we are always glad to know he continues to provide great guest service. We look forward to hosting your next visit to Houston.
Fort Worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Henry S. went the extra mile to make our stay enjoyable. His attention to my needs was outstanding. He made the stay convenient and really made my feel like a valued customer. The location was very convenient to the destination we needed. The entire staff was very friendly and attentive. I look forward to my next stay in the Houston area so I can visit this location again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments on the staff at the Crowne Plaza Northwest. Our goal is to provide over the top service on any occasion and it is always great to hear we have succeeded. We would be thrilled to host your next trip to the Houston area. Again thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us