“Excellent hospitality!”

Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow
Ranked #173 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful after arriving from driving in Houston rush hour traffic. This hotel was 25 miles from the airport which was a negative but staff was great, hotel was clean, and the weeknight happy hour for priority club members was a huge perk. Pool was nice and quiet during my stay. On my last night there, a loud family was placed next to me. My room was one where you could open a door and go into the next room if you were a large party staying in multiple rooms. The family was extremely loud and because the door made the noise even easier to hear, it was difficult to sleep my last night. I did call to complain, however the noise did not decrease. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel. Henry, Rita, Aurelia, and Stanley were excellent! The hotel free shuttle was also a huge perk!

Room Tip: Join Priority Club. Do not rent a car on Houston, take the shuttle from the airport.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

I have reviewed your comments with our hotel team and we have discussed ways to improve in the future. I hope that you will return to our hotel on your next visit to Houston.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel is a good inexpensive option that is centrally located for Houston dining. Directly across the street is very chain restaurant imaginable. The staff is friendly and efficient enough. The restaurant is pretty average. The decor is ok but a bit outdated.

Stayed: February 2013
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

I am glad that you felt the hotel presented a good value. We will be replacing the furniture in the restaurant in the near future. I believe that the furniture will provide a more pleasing atmosphere in the restaurant.
I hope that will consider our hotel when visiting Houston in the future.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed here for business, our company has a direct bill set up w/ this hotel. Room was clean, noisy from traffic (hard to get a room w/ out a road running next to it here). There was also a large conference going on that seriously effected the parking situation one evening when we returned from dinner. Breakfast is just okay, nothing spectacular, standard continental fair. I probably wouldn't stay here again, I'm sure for the price there are several other better choices w/ less traffic noise.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. Your comments have been reviewed by the hotel team in an effort to improve the guest experience.

I do appreciate your patronage and continue to strive to provide3 a positive hotel experience.

Dave Comerota

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The staff in the reception makes this hotel to what it is.
They was helpful, and assist me with all my requests. And I had 4 - 5 requests the last week I was staying on the hotel.
The bathroom sink was clogged, the maintenance staff didn't finished their job, I called for roomservice etc.
And every single time the staff in the reception helped me out. Like that!

Stiil; this hotel needs an major upgrade / maintenance to meet my expectations to a hotel. The chairs in the restaurant is dirty, and should be replaced years ago. The furniture at the rooms is a bit worn out, as the years has passed by.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. I was glad to hear that the hotel team was helpful.
We are making improvements and new chairs have been ordered for the restaurant. I will review with the hotel team the various requests and I can assure you that we are committed to providing exceptional service. Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel was easy to get to, near to all the places we needed to go, and very user friendly. The staff went out of their way to make the experience excellent. Henry and the front desk in particular and Aurelia there as well helped in areas that we desired help. So all in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Crowne Plaza Houston Northwest. We are glad you were pleased with your stay and I'm thrilled to hear the team was accomidating. I have shared these kusdos with the team and we look forward to having you return in the future.

David Comrota
General Manage

Reviewed April 23, 2013

From the minute my friend and I walked in the door at the hotel, we were treated extremely well. Our room was very nice and the beds were soooooo comfortable. Breakfast was delicious! I want to give a special thank you to Henry and Rita for being so kind. It's nice to see smiling faces! We felt "at home" during our stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Northwest, we strive to provide excellent customer service and it is great to hear we have succeded. I have shared your feedback with Henry and Rita as well as the rest of the staff and they are very happy to know they made you feel at home. We hope to host your next trip to Houston and can assure you it will be as pleasant as this one was.

Dave Comerota

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel one week a month for the last 3 years. On April 22, showed up around 6pm and was told they only had rooms near the pool available. Since I have stayed in these once, they have also uninvited critters (cockroaches) so I refused to stay in these and the manager suggested a room on the main floor. When I got my meal vouchers, it became obvious that my reserved room (801 on the voucher) with a king size bed had been given away to someone else. The room on the main floor was much smaller with a very small sink in the bathroom and no counter space for toiletries. I refused to stay in this room and he check in staff told me to take it or leave it, even though they were still checking in new guests for the higher end rooms . This is how they treat their loyal gold member customers!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

I want to apologize that your experience with us was less than satisfactory. I have shared your feedback with the team and used you comments as a training tool for future instances such as this. We hope you will stay with us again in the future and give us to opportunity to better serve you.