Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewshenry straitfront deskolder hotelgreat customer servicethe entire staffroom rateritafreewayconferenceshuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is well located. It's easy enough to get to even in Houston traffic. The parking lot is large enough. If there was a problem there, it would be an apparent lack of outside security cameras.
The hotel staff is quite friendly and appear anxious to be of service to the guests.
The rooms are large and clean. It doesn't have a microwave or refrigerator. But, that's not a deal breaker for me.
Great value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2013
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for your recent comments concerning the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.
I have reviewed your comments with the hotel team and made note of your suggestions
Again, thank you for your important feedback.

Thanks,
Dave Comerota
Geneeral Manager

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The GPS in my rental failed and with every phone call to the hotel, before I arrived and while I stayed but needed help, the staff was superb. They guided me and took care of me. The room was clean and spacious and the restaurant service at the bar in the evening (and at lunch) was very attentive and good food. The happy hour and breakfast services on the second floor were also well handled. Rita Washington at the front desk, along with Henry and Crystal made this hotel a 4 star in my opinion and made my stay comfortable and much less stressful than it may have been.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

I want to thank you for the comments and feedback on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.
Your comments have been shared with the entire hotel team in order to demonstrate how their efforts make such an impression on our guests.
I hope that you consider our hotel when visiting Houston in the future.

David Comerota

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I travel 90% of the time for business which means that I will be staying in hotels every week. My territory is the central US wlhich includes Texas. I recently stayed at Crown Plaza Brookhollow and was very iompressed with the way they take care of their customers. Manager Henry Strait was one of the most plesent and professional managers I have meet in years. Always would ask if i need anything and when I asked him for suggestions for stores he would print out directions and reccomendations.
I look foward to my next stay and hope that the weather is warm so I can use the outside pool.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. Our goal is to provide an enjoyable experience for all of our hotel guests.
I have shared your comments with various members of the hotel team and especially Henry. It is rewarding for team members to hear from guests, such as yourself.
Again, thank you for your feedback. I look forward to your next visit to the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.

David Comerota

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I expected a lot more out of a hotel of this caliber. Like a lot of you I looked at the reviews and they were good. Our visit started out great with the receptionist at the desk who was very helpful. Unfortunately that was the only good thing about the entire stay. We had no hot water in our room. They did send someone to fix it but he left a giant puddle of water on the floor which we had to clean up. On our first day there housekeeping never cleaned our room even though we were out by 9:30am. We came back to a dirty room and were told there was no staff to help us and no manager on duty to even talk to on duty. In their defense he did call me from home, but I have never heard of a hotel have no manager on duty. We were also told repeatedly that we had better not drive anywhere and should only use the shuttle as there would be no place to park nightly when we came back. Every night there were plenty of open spots. I think the shuttle driver was more interested in tips than happy guests. We were given a free breakfast buffet for our inconvenience valued at $14 per person. I would have rather spent money on breakfast out. Anyone paying that price for mediocre buffet food must be crazy.

By the way, we stayed in a 2nd crown plaza in San Antonio and a Westin in Memphis. The Houston location was more expensive than either of the other 2 and half as nice.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent trip to the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations.

Your experience has been discussed with various team members in order to improve the guest experience. Again thank you for your feedback.

Dave Comerota

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was a home away from home,,i was alone 1st time in Houston and am looking forward to going back,Rita Washington and Rizwan Marfani were always there anytime i needed help to get around thank you guys,
Service was very good,i cant rememmber the barmans name but he was also very friendly..i never made it for breakfast since i like my morning sleep,,room was very comfy and clean..
And ofcourse the shuttle bus is great,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo