“Great Staff!”

Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow
Ranked #208 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The GPS in my rental failed and with every phone call to the hotel, before I arrived and while I stayed but needed help, the staff was superb. They guided me and took care of me. The room was clean and spacious and the restaurant service at the bar in the evening (and at lunch) was very attentive and good food. The happy hour and breakfast services on the second floor were also well handled. Rita Washington at the front desk, along with Henry and Crystal made this hotel a 4 star in my opinion and made my stay comfortable and much less stressful than it may have been.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

I want to thank you for the comments and feedback on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.
Your comments have been shared with the entire hotel team in order to demonstrate how their efforts make such an impression on our guests.
I hope that you consider our hotel when visiting Houston in the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I travel 90% of the time for business which means that I will be staying in hotels every week. My territory is the central US wlhich includes Texas. I recently stayed at Crown Plaza Brookhollow and was very iompressed with the way they take care of their customers. Manager Henry Strait was one of the most plesent and professional managers I have meet in years. Always would ask if i need anything and when I asked him for suggestions for stores he would print out directions and reccomendations.
I look foward to my next stay and hope that the weather is warm so I can use the outside pool.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. Our goal is to provide an enjoyable experience for all of our hotel guests.
I have shared your comments with various members of the hotel team and especially Henry. It is rewarding for team members to hear from guests, such as yourself.
Again, thank you for your feedback. I look forward to your next visit to the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I expected a lot more out of a hotel of this caliber. Like a lot of you I looked at the reviews and they were good. Our visit started out great with the receptionist at the desk who was very helpful. Unfortunately that was the only good thing about the entire stay. We had no hot water in our room. They did send someone to fix it but he left a giant puddle of water on the floor which we had to clean up. On our first day there housekeeping never cleaned our room even though we were out by 9:30am. We came back to a dirty room and were told there was no staff to help us and no manager on duty to even talk to on duty. In their defense he did call me from home, but I have never heard of a hotel have no manager on duty. We were also told repeatedly that we had better not drive anywhere and should only use the shuttle as there would be no place to park nightly when we came back. Every night there were plenty of open spots. I think the shuttle driver was more interested in tips than happy guests. We were given a free breakfast buffet for our inconvenience valued at $14 per person. I would have rather spent money on breakfast out. Anyone paying that price for mediocre buffet food must be crazy.

By the way, we stayed in a 2nd crown plaza in San Antonio and a Westin in Memphis. The Houston location was more expensive than either of the other 2 and half as nice.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent trip to the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations.

Your experience has been discussed with various team members in order to improve the guest experience. Again thank you for your feedback.

Dave Comerota

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was a home away from home,,i was alone 1st time in Houston and am looking forward to going back,Rita Washington and Rizwan Marfani were always there anytime i needed help to get around thank you guys,
Service was very good,i cant rememmber the barmans name but he was also very friendly..i never made it for breakfast since i like my morning sleep,,room was very comfy and clean..
And ofcourse the shuttle bus is great,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The staff and facility were great.. Lara Huezo, Rita Washington and Henry the manager are all exceptionally friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and comfortable! Our company negotiated a very good rate. Julier the hospitality suite lady is very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this location to anyone looking to stay in this area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

I enjoyed reading that you experience exceptional service from numerous team members. Our goal is to build a loyal guest base. This can only be achieved by having our customers having experiences such as you described.
Thank you for recommending the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow as a place to stay.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had an extended stay at the hotel while buying a business. The staff became my family, very friendly - beyond just courteous. The rooms are beautiful and large. Upon check in, staff let me know that I had already qualified for Premier Club member and signed me up, no charge, which included breakfast (And Julia is awesome!) and the Club. The concierge Carlos was exceptionally professional and courteous, the best I've ever seen. Then, I had an amazing experience: Some friends in the area accidentally locked their child in their car and I had a spare key - but was 20 minutes away. The night manager Henry Strait and desk staff Megan sprang into action and arranged a vehicle, arriving in 15 minutes due to their expert knowledge of the freeway system and quick action. This reduced the trauma of the situation for the child. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough for their compassionate care and friendly service.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the opposite side of the freeway and it was quickly and easily accommodated...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our club level and Julia was helpful during your stay.
I look forward to your to return to the Crowne Paza and continue to enjoy our services

General manager

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel has been a good location for food. And with the free shuttle that will take you within 5 miles food is easy to get to. Everyone on the staff that I have interacted with has been friendly and more than willing to help with whatever I needed. The gym was perfect, with plenty of equipment to help work off all the food that was consumed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on your stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.
I am glad that you enjoyed our shuttle service and that your encounters with the hotel team were friendly and helpful.
I look forward to your return visit to our hotel.