“What happened to Crowne Plaza?”

Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow
Ranked #145 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“What happened to Crowne Plaza?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

The quality of Crowne Plaza Hotels has declined. I have stayed with 2 different locations in the Houston area, and have been repeatedly disappointed. The staff is unprofessional, unkept and at times displaying a lack of education. I have never seen this much rust in a bathroom. Walls are patched and unpainted. Carpet is sticky even with socks on. Entire facility is unclean, and a layer of filth on everything. Door did not lock or shut properly (1st floor). An entire "tower" had exterior access doors, in the back of the property. I have stayed in roadside motels with better accomodations. Every response from the Front Desk Staff was read from a manual, in response to my concerns. Not a good stay. They were more concerned about this review survey, than the comfort of this guest.

Room Tip: Do not book here at all and save yourself the disappointment.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.
I apologize that the hotel team did not meet your expectations. I have shared all of your comments with the hotel team, to improve in the future. Our goal is to make our guest's experience enjoyable.
Again, I am sorry that you were disappointed in your experience at our hotel.

David Comerota

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Indonesian first
Casper, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Overall the Crowne Plaza was pretty nice, the people were excellent, Breakfast buffet was alright, Excercise room was very good, Only went into the bar one time, Rita Washington and the whole staff helped me alot, they were some of the most friendlies host i have been around.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing your comments concerning your recent stay and our hotel.
I have personally discussed your experiences with Rita Washington and congratulated her on successes with your experience. It is the goal of the entire hotel team to provide a friendly environment.
I hope to see your at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow in the future.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hotel is OK. Room was not vacuumed for sure. Room was on the 8th floor but you could clearly hear highway. Free breakfast was C-. Asked to clean my balcony at the front desk - no results. Good thing - free parking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I would like to thank you for commenting on your stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.
I will share your comments with the entire team. I want to assure you that our goal is provide an excellent hotel stay for our guests".
Again, thank you for your feedback.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We come here a few times a year for business and each time I have to say the front desk staff is very nice, professional & extememly helpful. This hotel could use a little more updating, but it is very clean and the beds are very comfy. There have been a few times that we had to let the staff know that the water wasn't hot enough, and they were on it right away. The manager Henry S., in particular, ALWAYS greets us with a smile, always remembers our name, very helpful with recommendations for restaurants and it's very refreshing to see someone love their job so much.
We would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Join the premier club for the complimentary Happy hour and breakfast M-F on the 2nd floor. It's...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Sandi A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online.

It is greatly appreciated when our visitors have enjoyed their experience with us, so much so, that they share this experience with us and other reviewers. We thank you for your valuable feedback and the special mention you have made to a member of our team.

Thank you very much for your kind words and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon for another enjoyable stay.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

The staff were helpful and friendly. Especially Rita Washington. The room was spacious and very clean. There wasn't any noise or disturbances. The hotel was located by many restaurants and stores. Everything we needed was just across the highway. Room service was very prompt and the food was delicious!! We are definitely staying again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. I have recognized Rita Washington for her friendly service that you mentioned in your review.
I understand that you have many choices in choosing a hotel and I hope you return to the Cronwe Plaza Brookhollow on your next trip tp Houston.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We showed up early for a early check-in with no call ahead .... Rita Washington at the front desk went out of her way to get us in the rooms we asked for. Ms. Washington also made our entire experience far better then we had expected, and accomodated our every need. This hotel also offers a free shuttle service to the local restaurants!!!!

St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times for business and have always been very impressed with the service etc. I fell ill this trip and ended up in the hospital. I went to the front desk and told the night manager Henry that I wasn't feeling well and he saw to it I got to the hospital. Long story short I was in the hospital for a week and my wife needed to come down from Canada and take care of me. Henry saw to it my wife got to the hospital upon arrival via the hotel shuttle and got back to the hotel until she was comfortable enough to drive here herself. He always asked how I was and if there was anything he could do to help. Bottom line he went above and beyond what he had to do....we were total strangers. Here's to Henry and I wish more hotels had people that were even close to matching his level of compassion and professionalism. Thanks Henry!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Steve H
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
I want to thank you for sharing your experiences and thoughts about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.
I am extremely proud of Henry's concern and commitment to aiding you during your stay at the hotel. I have shared your experiences with the entire hotel team and will use Henry's efforts as a standard for our commitment to guest service.
I am glad that your health did improve and hope you will be able to visit Houston in the future

Dave Comerota