“Good Service, Poor Facilities”

Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow
Ranked #173 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Staff is friendly and helpful, but walls are very thin and facilities are in disrepair. Wish I could give this a higher review. It seems like good staff got stuck in a lousy building. Noisy, noisy, noisy.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not on the 2nd floor. Request a room that is not facing the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent trip to the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. Our staff does strive to provide great customer service. I apologize that expectations were not met.
Again, thank you for staying at our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was a guest in August, there to photograph an AKC Dog Show that I have covered for several years at this location. I set up my backdrop & lighting on Thursday night in what has always been a locked Ballroom. I always finish up my setup before the start of each show so as to not spook any dogs. On Fri before the show I found my lighting equipment stolen as well as the crate for my medical alert dog. I soon found out that other vendors who were set up in a different area than I was were robbed as well.

The staff could have cared less. The manager would not come to speak to us about this. We asked to see the security camera film. We were told "We do not have security cameras because it would give our guests a false sense of security."

I asked what they would say if it was a child that had been taken? Guess cameras would be a good idea then. Later on I heard their excuse was that criminals were suing them for taking their photo without permission. REALLY??? Cameras are on our highways, in stores, & a part of our life. I do not buy that one either.

There were panhandlers asking guest for money as they entered their rooms, walked their dogs, & even right outside the ballroom. The panhandlers were bothering guests throughout the whole weekend.
We asked the hotel staff about stopping the panhandlers, giving them a description & they said "We do not want to approach someone who might be a guest & risk insulting them."

How about all the guests there who are already insulted by being robbed, harassed by panhandlers, etc? And the thefts took place over the whole weekend, it was not just one night. The manager, when he finally did come talk to us (I had to call cooperate for that to happen) Said he would pay the maintenance man to act as security at night. That went well. More thefts on Friday night. He was found sitting behind the front desk by my assistant when she went down for some Tums in the early morning hours. The doors by the ballroom with a sign that states "Access by room key only from 11pm to 7am " were duct taped & zip tied so they would not lock. I took photos of this. Bottom line is, the manager blamed us for the thefts. Said it was our fault. No concern what so ever for his guest or their safety.

Staff service for your room? We got up on Sunday morning to make coffee in our room to find housekeeping had not cleaned the pot from the day before or turned it off. Coffee still in the pot and the light was blinking. They had put new cups in & replenished the coffee packets to make more. That is all.

I have asked & asked for this hotel to do the right thing & replace my stolen equipment so I can do my job. I have been met with no sympathy or desire to do the right thing. Much less accept accountability.

Help from cooperate? Zero. They say it is a franchise & they have no control. Again, no accountability for someone who represents their name. Disgraceful!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at the property. It is with great vigilence we are internally addressing each area of opportunity. The safety and security of our guests is our highest mission, and our goal is to minimize the unfortunate possibility of any breach thereof.
You have kindly given us the opportunity to review our internal processes and evaluate areas in which we may improve our guest experience. We thank you for time and consideration in this matter.

Dave Comerota

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a long weekend/wedding reception. Overall we had a wonderful experience. The staff is so friendly and more than willing to help. At check-in our first room had a funny smell to it. Crystal was very helpful and more than happy to move us to another room. The room itself was quite nice and spacious. The bathroom was decent, could maybe use a little facelift. The wedding reception was very nice and very good food. On our last day, we asked for a late check out which we received. Henry was very helpful. Thanks to all of the staff for making it a wecoming weekend in Houston.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request a room on the backside of the hotel. The rooms on the front sid...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

I am happy to hear that your stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. I know the importance of a friendly environment when you are away from home.
I hope you will consider the Crowne Plaza Brookhollow on your next visit to Houston.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I travel approximately 80 days a year for business (in Europe and US) and found this hotel quite acceptable. I couldn't rate it higher because the hotel management allowed the contracted gardening service to run their leaf-blower early in the morning. That wasn't fun to wake-up to. (I know if I was running a hotel that wouldn't happen until at least late morning/early afternoon. Seems like a no-brainer.) On the up-side, the front desk employee, Henry Strait was very courteous and helpful. It's questionable if I'd stay there again - just because of the noise, but if I do, I'll definitely ask for a room on a higher floor.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor to avoid noise from the leaf-blower.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.
Our goal to provide a comfortable atmosphere throughout your stay. I have reviewed your comments with the hotel team and we will make the necessary changes n order to improve.
Again, thank you for your feedback.

David comerota

Reviewed September 9, 2012

First time in Texas and I can officially say I know where I am going to stay when I come down here again. The staff especially at the front desk is a memorable one. Henry Strait and Crystal are probably the friendliest people I have ever met at a hotel before. The rooms as a whole are very nice and comfortable as a. If you forget something don't worry everyone here has your back or will do their best to help accomodate so you feel at home. The hotel is great overall. Great location because right across the street is pretty much anything you could want to eat and shop for! I promise you I will be back here.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 4th floor it's in the middle and a nice view every morning.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.
I am very pleased to hear that Henry and Crystal provided friendly service and that you were comfortable throughout your stay.
I have passed on your comments to the entire hotel tour. I look forward to your return to our hotel.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had a bird show and convention at this property and the staff could not have been more helpful or accomodating. Nice rooms, great rates and not too far from IAH airport. We used super shuttle from airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your recent meeting at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. I am glad that your stay was enjoyable and successful.
The hotel team is looking forward to your next visit to the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I travel a lot for business and this hotel had the best service of any hotel. The staff went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied, and I even had a plate of cookies and chocolate covered strawberries waiting in my room after a long day at work. During check in and out, I watched the hotel staff continually demonstrate exceptional service to everyone they met. The room was large and clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.
Our hotel team is committed to providing great service and an enjoyable experience to our hotel guests. We will strive to make your next stay as enjoyable.