“Excellent Guest Service”

Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow
Ranked #172 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 17, 2011

First off, let me say that I was in hotel management for ten years. This is a very well-run, guest service-oriented hotel. The staff is exceptional. Management is highly visible and attentive. The complimentary happy hour for Priority Club members is outstanding. Room service and the hotel restaurant also far exceeded my expectations.

It is an older property. Renovations to public areas and some room upgrades have been done (i.e. new mattresses & bedding). The guest baths are a bit dated--but extremely clean & well maintained.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

I would like to thank you for your kind words the hotel leadership does work hard to be visible and available to our guest. A renovation should take place in 2012 and the guest bathrooms will be a priority. This renovation will be done with minimal disruption to our guest. Again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to your next visit to the Crowne Plaza.

Dave Comerota

Reviewed September 16, 2011

This is one of those hotels that survives by being adjacent to buildings housing large companies. There is nothing wrong with the hotel, but there is not a whole lot positive to say about it either. The room service menu is extremely limited and the food isn't that good. The rooms are clean and comfortable, except that the old-fashioned air conditioner is noisy enough to justify the earplugs supplied by the hotel. The staff is very pleasant. The wine list at the bar is actually pretty good. For guests who register with their awards program, the hotel provides free drinks and appetizers each evening. That's definitely a plus. Ask for your coupons.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

My company, Reunions by Class Act, coordinated the 25-year reunion for the Jersey Village Class of '86. We had the reunion at Remington's (the hotel bar). Everything went so well - the food was good, the admosphere in the room was great and the staff did a fabulous job keeping everything running smoothly. The hotel's staff is a pleasure to work with and we'll be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Thank you for your continued support of the Crowne Plaza Brookhollow. It has been a pleasure to host your annual event for the past several years.
I have distributed your comments throughout the hotel team and want to thank you for the kind words. I look forward to your next event and continuing our relationship.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I frequently stay here on business, when I'm in town visiting a client. This is primarily a business hotel and will be quite busy during the week. The staff at the Crowne Plaza is excellent - always friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is clean and has all the basics. The hotel is right off of a busy freeway, so I'd suggest requesting a room that faces the back of the hotel to limit the noise level. Before staying here, I would recommend joining the Priority Rewards club, which will get you access to a free continental breakfast on the 2nd floor each morning. You'll also receive coupons for drinks during happy hour and discounts for breakfast in their restaurant. The breakfast buffet is ok - a bit heavy on the southern food - grits, sausage and biscuits, etc and could use some more options. But, for $7, it works. I'd avoid the restaurant for dinner and venture out. All of the restaurants around the hotel are chains, but the Brick Tavern is quite good and reasonably priced. Downtown Houston is about a 15-20 minute drive during non-rush hour.

Room Tip: Join the Priority Rewards Club prior to booking and request a room that faces the back of the hotel...
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This crowne Plaza is not the best one I've stayed at, but it's in pretty good shape and a reasonably nice place to stay. The manager puts on an open bar most nights which is a great feature for after meetings, classes etc.
The rooms are so so, but the staff is nice.
The pool was sub par and needs some upgrading. The gym was an average hotel gym.
As with most of Houston, not much to see around here.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Thank you for your comments concerning the Crowne Plaza Brookhollow. We wil be resurfacing our pool in November of this year. This should enhance the look of this area. The hotel team will continue to make upgrades throughout the hotel to improve our guests experience.
Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to your return to the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Wow I can't believe the customer service they are just like family . When I arrived I was greeted by a lovely girl who's name was Nicole she had a great big smile like she was so happy to see me. As I was checking in Auriela and Walter saw to all my needs and checked me in very efficiently. When I got to my room which was a lot nicer than I expected it to be I was greeted one more time by Auriela with a phone call to check if everything was alright . How very impressing the personal touches were. I will come back to this beautiful hotel from now on when I'm in town. And the pool wow !!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel team. Your feedback is being shared with the entire hotel team to remind everyone that caring and personal service is recognized and appreciated by our guests.

We will continue to work on personalized touches in order to make us the hotel of choice when visiting Houston.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza Brookhollow multiple times throughout the summer and have found the staff to be very professional and courteous especially Henry Strait. Henry has created a friendly and personal atmosphere. When I arrive late after a busy and exhausting day, I feel assured that Henry will do his very best to ensure my stay is comfortable and hassle free. Thanks to a great staff and Henry Strait.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

I am very pleased that you had a comfortable stay at the Crowne Plaza Brookhollow. Henry Strait is a very valuable member of our team and is dedicated to making all our guest's stay enjoyable.
I will use your comments as an example to the entire hotel team. Our goal is to make every guest feel comfortable and hassle free.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We look forward to serving you in the future.