“decent Houston hotel”

Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow
Ranked #174 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This crowne Plaza is not the best one I've stayed at, but it's in pretty good shape and a reasonably nice place to stay. The manager puts on an open bar most nights which is a great feature for after meetings, classes etc.
The rooms are so so, but the staff is nice.
The pool was sub par and needs some upgrading. The gym was an average hotel gym.
As with most of Houston, not much to see around here.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Thank you for your comments concerning the Crowne Plaza Brookhollow. We wil be resurfacing our pool in November of this year. This should enhance the look of this area. The hotel team will continue to make upgrades throughout the hotel to improve our guests experience.
Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to your return to the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Wow I can't believe the customer service they are just like family . When I arrived I was greeted by a lovely girl who's name was Nicole she had a great big smile like she was so happy to see me. As I was checking in Auriela and Walter saw to all my needs and checked me in very efficiently. When I got to my room which was a lot nicer than I expected it to be I was greeted one more time by Auriela with a phone call to check if everything was alright . How very impressing the personal touches were. I will come back to this beautiful hotel from now on when I'm in town. And the pool wow !!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel team. Your feedback is being shared with the entire hotel team to remind everyone that caring and personal service is recognized and appreciated by our guests.

We will continue to work on personalized touches in order to make us the hotel of choice when visiting Houston.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza Brookhollow multiple times throughout the summer and have found the staff to be very professional and courteous especially Henry Strait. Henry has created a friendly and personal atmosphere. When I arrive late after a busy and exhausting day, I feel assured that Henry will do his very best to ensure my stay is comfortable and hassle free. Thanks to a great staff and Henry Strait.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

I am very pleased that you had a comfortable stay at the Crowne Plaza Brookhollow. Henry Strait is a very valuable member of our team and is dedicated to making all our guest's stay enjoyable.
I will use your comments as an example to the entire hotel team. Our goal is to make every guest feel comfortable and hassle free.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Nancy Gamboa and the rest of the staff really go out of their way to make sure your stay is stress free. This is one of the older hotels of the chain but they keep it in good shape and take care of any problems you may encounter quickly and efficiently.

Room Tip: Call In House reservations instead of going through the system when booking.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments about Nancy Gamboa. I have passed on your praises to her and have shared your comments with the rest of the hotel team.

We look forward to your next visit.
Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

We hosted a banquet there August 5th and it was simply amazing! Piper Heinrich and her staff created a marvelous atmosphere and provided exemplary service from start to finish. The food was prepared wonderfully and the set up was beautiful. They did an amazing job.

1  Thank Alondra T
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I wasn't so sure about this place when we drove up: open-to-the-outside doors on one low wing, another high-rise wing that just looked dingy, a super-packed parking lot, all located right off a busy highway. But, once we walked into the building, my emotions changed 180 degrees. The lobby was inviting & the front desk staff were friendly. And, it turns out that the parking lot was packed due to several wedding receptions, so the hotel itself remained quiet during our stay.

We headed up to our room and I was happy to be placed in the tower (with interior doors), Our room had one comfortable king-size bed and limited other furnishings. The room wasn't exactly fancy, but was definitely good enough for a quick visit to Houston. The restroom was also not that fancy, but it was certainly nice enough.

The location (right off highway 290) certainly isn't downtown, but also isn't that far of a drive to most areas of Houston. There are plenty of restaurants and several shopping choices (including a movie theater) nearby. It's not a luxury property, but is certainly an above-average hotel in this class (especially in Houston - where we've had some sub-par hotel experiences!).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I was not traveling, but I work for Region 4 Education Service Center, and sometimes we use the hotel for conferences and meetings. Today we had an incident that required quick thinking, I mean literally quick thinking and acting, and both I got from your staff at the Brookhollow Crowne Plaza. I called Renita McClain to inquire about last minute availability at this location because of a quick change that needed to be made. The workshop started off at my location, R4, and about 9:30 a.m. we had to make changes because of the noise pollution. I went straight over to the Crowne to see the if I could assist with anything, to my surprise, everybody pitched in to make the transition possible, even the chef was in the room helping. They had everything up and running in less than 15 minutes, your managers and staff members went above and beyond to make it happen, and everything was placed just the way we wanted it. I wish we could have great customer service like this in everything and everywhere we go. Renita, let me take a minute to talk about this extremely gifted woman, to be rock in the midst of a storm and to be focused and staying on point with any situation I have ever called her on. You need more employees like her, not saying that they are all bad, but the ones that left, she carried a lot of them. I want to say thank you for Renita and thank you Brookhollow for going the xtra mile for us. May you continue to be blessed and see much prosperity in the days to come. Stay cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. Renita McClain is a valuable member of our hotel staff and I am proud to have her on our team.
We value Region 4 as a partner and are always willing to work to make your hotel experience enjoyable. I want to thank you for your continued patronage and I look forward to working with you in the future.