“Nice for the Price”

Ranked #298 of 517 Hotels in Houston
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, TX
Reviewed May 23, 2006

Really not too bad (especially after reading other reviews), good price, good location, nice pool. The room was a good size and the front desk person helpful. There was a faint cigarette odor in our no smoking room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Greenway Plaza/SW Freeway

Reviewed January 12, 2006

Comfort Inns seem to be slipping in terms of quality overall, but this hotel was exceptionally nasty. Perhaps it has suffered due to the deluge of Katrina refugees, but I would have hoped that the staff might have been at least accurate if not somewhat helpful, as opposed to disinterested in the extreme. The carpet was tattered, the tub's enamel had been worn away in places, and it had not been cleaned very well at all. The bath reeked of mold. It's noisy with outside entrances, and lots of gang graffiti on areas outside. The only good thing was the internet access (I had my own wire with me, no wireless), which enabled me to find a nice bed and breakfast for the remainder of my week's stay in Houston.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank 3dvizwiz
A TripAdvisor Member
Weatherford Texas
Reviewed December 18, 2005

We would not recommend staying at this Comfort Inn. We were disappointed in many ways. Although internet access was advertised, it was not working. Because of this, cherised work time was lost. Additionally, the overall cleanliness was not in par with other Comfort Inn facillities. In particular, we had to clean our bathroom before we could use it. If it had not been such a late hour when we arrived, we would have left after seeing the room.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 15, 2005

I've chosen this Comfort Inn because it annouced Fitness Room in the Hotel Features list. Yes, they have a Fitness Room with two Treadmills. Both broken. I called Front Desk asking when will they be fixed. Nobody knows. It's a mistery.

As my travel was for business reasons, I needed Hi-Speed Internet. Yes, they have it. But, they don't have a cable to connect to your computer. Do you need a cable? Go to Best Buy.

Room was clean, Continental breakfast was good, but no management and guest requests are not important.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank Moyses
Reviewed June 27, 2005

The locale is not attractive--overlooking a gas station and practically on the freeway. However, the lobby was nice and upon inspection, the rooms seemed clean--not perfect, but acceptable.

It was a 2-bedroom "suite", as requested--with kitchen. The price for a Saturday night stay was $159.00. It was on the 2nd floor and was overlooking the roof & a bunch of noisy air conditioners, with only outside access to our room It was so remote that I didn't feel safe, and the noise level from the air conditioners and freeway was not good.

I did not particulary like this Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel, so we opted not to stay.

Stayed: June 2005