“Excellent Hotel - Do not hesitate to stay here”

Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre
Ranked #363 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I stayed here for over 50 nights over a few month period while in Houston for work. The hotel and it's location cannot be beat, especially if you work close by. The Memorial Mall, Costco, HEB, Theatres, Town & Country mall, and tons of restaurants are all within 5 miutes of this hotel. The staff are superb! The rooms are decent. The Pool is big enought to swim in. The work out room is small, but has enough to get in a decent workout.

My only complaint is that the laundry units are only on the first two floors. Since I stayed there for three weeks at a time, it got very frustrating have to go up and down, and fight for open machines.

I've seen complaints about parking, but I had zero issues. There is a security guard onsite patrolling the parking lot all times. like I said, I was there for over 50 nights and never had a single issue.

Great hotel all around, I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DavidCP
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2011

Hi There; Thanks for the feedback about your stay at the hotel. I was delighted to read that your extended stay was an enjoyable one and that the hotels proximity to Memorial City Mall and the adjacent Town & Country development and neighboring restaurants was appreciated. The hotel does provide free to guest washers and dryers located on the 1st and 2nd floors of the hotel, we have added additional washers and dryers and now have 4 machines to assist our guests with their laundry needs. I hope we'll see you back soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2010

Great Staff, Great Resteraunt, Great Location.

What more do yoy want...

I Have stayed in the Sorrella next door and it is no where close to the Four Points.

This was my 5th stay and I will definetly stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Subsea-1
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2010

Hi; Thanks for the feedback about the hotel, I was delighted to read that you have now made the Four Points, your home away from home when travelling. I was pleased to read that the overall quality and superior service levels at the hotel are the reason you now stay at the Four Points versus some of the other area hotels.I look forward to meeting you in person on your next visit!

Reviewed September 11, 2010

We stayed in the Four Points at Memorial City recently while my husband was on a two week business visit. I spent quite a lot of time in the hotel on my own and was very impressed with it overall. All the staff, without exception, were very friendly and helpful. It's not a full service hotel so room service is limited to breakfast and weekday dinner, but the hotel run an 'on request' shuttle service throughout the day and are happy to take you to get a sandwich or drop you at the Mall. A timed shuttle operates in the evening and weekends to Memorial City Mall.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Hi There; Thank you for sharing your comments about your most recent visit to the hotel. I was delighted to read that your stay was an enjoyable one and that the shuttle service to local area restaurants and Memorial City Mall was well used. We get a lot of great feedback about the shuttle service and the staff at the hotel. I hope we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2010

I stayed at the Four Points for one big reason, it was the only hotel I could get in Houston that was not pricey and was located close to a partner organisation I was spending two days with.

The hotel from the outside doesnt look great, however inside it has obviously given a recent facelift. The rooms are spacious, and offer the usual amenities one would expect. The bed is very comfortable.

The food is quite good, breakfast offers a very wide buffet. The hotel has a very good gym, with a number of treadmills, bike, cross trainers and free weights.

All in all, for a couple of days stay, it is perfect!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2010

Hi; Thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your most recent stay. The hotel opened in March 2008 after concluding a complete renovattion of the hotel. We get a lot of great comments about the lobby decor and spacious rooms and I am glad your brief stay was an enjoyable one. The 24 hour a day fitness room has always been a big hit with our guests as it features brand new state of the art equipment. I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed April 17, 2010

This was one of the best Four Points we have stayed in. It is in a great location and the staff was beyond helpful. The Night Manager Kristina was very nice and provided top customer service when we brought our medium sized dog to the hotel. The suites are very spacious and you could not beat the $69 price. Value, location, and comfort. This hotel had it all. The beds were comfortable as well.

I must disagree with the previous review about the lighting. Although we did not have our vehicle broken into, I did note the lights around the hotel were very well lit and we waived at the security guard as he continued to survey the area. We should know; considering we had to take the dog out for business purposes! Even around 3 AM the security guard was out. We felt safe in the area.

The only downfall was that the breakfast buffet was not that great and the food was cold.
The Coffee was excellent though!

We would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying again in the future!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsgm, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2010

Hi There; thanks for the comments about your experience at the hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the stay. I sincerely appologize for the oversights with the breakfast buffet, usually we receive very good comments about our breakfast offering. I have shared your comments with our Chef and Restaurant Teams and can assure you that your most recent experience with the buffet is not typical. I hope we'll see you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 9, 2010

I was in Houston over the 1st (2010) to attend my sons wedding. We were staying in the hotel for 5 days. I had no problems with the hotel, itself ot its staff. The room was spartan, but decent. However, there were no warning signs regarding parking in the hotel parking lot. On our last night, my car was broken into (along with 2 other cars). The thieves broke into my center cargo storage and stole my GPS units, all electronic cables they could find, my camera with wedding photo's, and a laptop computer that was under the seat with laundry on top. While the hotel reimbursed me for our stay, they made no offer to cover the two deductibles I now have to pay ($700). They claimed they have a security service that patrols the lot and they also claimed they had warning signs posted. We walked around and could find no signs that were visible to us. The security guard either participated in the break-in or slept through the night, not to have seen any of the broken glass surrounding 3 different cars. the Houston ploice officer also told me that he had personally responded to 5 break-ins over the past 3 months, at this location. If you stay here, use a rental car!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dickweit
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2010

Hi There; Thank you for your recent comments, I was pleased to read that your overall experience with the service levels and quality of the hotel were problem free. I did want to add some clarification to your comments. The hotels parking lot is well lite, it has 6 large signs throughout the parking lot advising guests not to leave valuables in their vehicles and we do have overnight contracted security from one of Houston most reputable companies that provides consistent patrols of the hotel and parking areas throughout the night.

Reviewed January 3, 2010

My family stayed here for 3 nites and that was great. Nice and cosy room. Lovely and helpful staff, they seemed to be always ready to serve.

My little child was ill before staying here. But luckily, she slept well here and was ok when leaving. Although there were construction and traffic outside, but that did not trouble us anything. The inside space were so wonderful. We did completely enjoy our time together.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2010

Hi There; Thank you for the great comments about the hotel and service levels. I hope your daughter is feeling much better and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Warm Regards;