“Friendly welcome at Four Points”

Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre
Ranked #347 of 515 Hotels in Houston
UK
“Friendly welcome at Four Points”
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We stayed in the Four Points at Memorial City recently while my husband was on a two week business visit. I spent quite a lot of time in the hotel on my own and was very impressed with it overall. All the staff, without exception, were very friendly and helpful. It's not a full service hotel so room service is limited to breakfast and weekday dinner, but the hotel run an 'on request' shuttle service throughout the day and are happy to take you to get a sandwich or drop you at the Mall. A timed shuttle operates in the evening and weekends to Memorial City Mall.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this review, September 14, 2010
Hi There; Thank you for sharing your comments about your most recent visit to the hotel. I was delighted to read that your stay was an enjoyable one and that the shuttle service to local area restaurants and Memorial City Mall was well used. We get a lot of great feedback about the shuttle service and the staff at the hotel. I hope we'll see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Belfast
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I stayed at the Four Points for one big reason, it was the only hotel I could get in Houston that was not pricey and was located close to a partner organisation I was spending two days with.

The hotel from the outside doesnt look great, however inside it has obviously given a recent facelift. The rooms are spacious, and offer the usual amenities one would expect. The bed is very comfortable.

The food is quite good, breakfast offers a very wide buffet. The hotel has a very good gym, with a number of treadmills, bike, cross trainers and free weights.

All in all, for a couple of days stay, it is perfect!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this review, May 20, 2010
Hi; Thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your most recent stay. The hotel opened in March 2008 after concluding a complete renovattion of the hotel. We get a lot of great comments about the lobby decor and spacious rooms and I am glad your brief stay was an enjoyable one. The 24 hour a day fitness room has always been a big hit with our guests as it features brand new state of the art equipment. I hope we see you again soon!
Houston
Reviewed April 17, 2010

This was one of the best Four Points we have stayed in. It is in a great location and the staff was beyond helpful. The Night Manager Kristina was very nice and provided top customer service when we brought our medium sized dog to the hotel. The suites are very spacious and you could not beat the $69 price. Value, location, and comfort. This hotel had it all. The beds were comfortable as well.

I must disagree with the previous review about the lighting. Although we did not have our vehicle broken into, I did note the lights around the hotel were very well lit and we waived at the security guard as he continued to survey the area. We should know; considering we had to take the dog out for business purposes! Even around 3 AM the security guard was out. We felt safe in the area.

The only downfall was that the breakfast buffet was not that great and the food was cold.
The Coffee was excellent though!

We would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying again in the future!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsgm, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this review, May 4, 2010
Hi There; thanks for the comments about your experience at the hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the stay. I sincerely appologize for the oversights with the breakfast buffet, usually we receive very good comments about our breakfast offering. I have shared your comments with our Chef and Restaurant Teams and can assure you that your most recent experience with the buffet is not typical. I hope we'll see you back in the near future.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 9, 2010

I was in Houston over the 1st (2010) to attend my sons wedding. We were staying in the hotel for 5 days. I had no problems with the hotel, itself ot its staff. The room was spartan, but decent. However, there were no warning signs regarding parking in the hotel parking lot. On our last night, my car was broken into (along with 2 other cars). The thieves broke into my center cargo storage and stole my GPS units, all electronic cables they could find, my camera with wedding photo's, and a laptop computer that was under the seat with laundry on top. While the hotel reimbursed me for our stay, they made no offer to cover the two deductibles I now have to pay ($700). They claimed they have a security service that patrols the lot and they also claimed they had warning signs posted. We walked around and could find no signs that were visible to us. The security guard either participated in the break-in or slept through the night, not to have seen any of the broken glass surrounding 3 different cars. the Houston ploice officer also told me that he had personally responded to 5 break-ins over the past 3 months, at this location. If you stay here, use a rental car!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dickweit
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this review, January 11, 2010
Hi There; Thank you for your recent comments, I was pleased to read that your overall experience with the service levels and quality of the hotel were problem free. I did want to add some clarification to your comments. The hotels parking lot is well lite, it has 6 large signs throughout the parking lot advising guests not to leave valuables in their vehicles and we do have overnight contracted security from one of Houston most reputable companies that provides consistent patrols of the hotel and parking areas throughout the night.
Larvotto
Reviewed January 3, 2010

My family stayed here for 3 nites and that was great. Nice and cosy room. Lovely and helpful staff, they seemed to be always ready to serve.

My little child was ill before staying here. But luckily, she slept well here and was ok when leaving. Although there were construction and traffic outside, but that did not trouble us anything. The inside space were so wonderful. We did completely enjoy our time together.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this review, February 8, 2010
Hi There; Thank you for the great comments about the hotel and service levels. I hope your daughter is feeling much better and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Warm Regards;
Mark Weatherill
Columbus, OH
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I was appalled when we pulled up late our first night there. The area looks really bad. Construction (that looks abandoned), loud freeways, and overall just a bad location... so we thought. After a couple days we found an adorable outdoor mall-like area a few blocks away with a variety of stores and restaurants. It would have been nice for the staff to fill us in on this before we had to ask on our last night there.

The rooms were amazing - huge and comfortable. Very clean. I was impressed with the cleaning service, as well as the bar staff downstairs. the decor of the lobby was very trendy and nicely kept. the food was not as good as we had hoped but not bad. I recommend the pulled pork sandwich!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this review, October 13, 2009
Hi there; Thank you for the feedback, the hotel is conveniently located directly next to the "new" City Center which features a Studio Movie Grill and numerous contemporary restaurants. Its a great place to walk around in the evenings after a meal and shop. We are also located less than a mile from Memorial City Mall which is one of Houston's Premier Malls, we provide complimentary shuttle service to the mall. I was pleased to read that you like the hotels decor, the property re-opened in 2008 after an extensive renovation, we receive a lot of compliments about the lobby area and off course the great rooms!
Dallardsville, TX
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is a really great hotel. I've stayed in the 5 star places and this is one of my favorite hotels to stay. My three boys play travel baseball and we stay at this hotel whenever possible. The rooms are large with many great amenities, including flat-screen tvs, cordless phones, and seperate thermostats for each room (in the suite). The beds are very comfortable (and I'm picky) and the bed coverings are plush. The suites are my favorite (they have two seperate sleeping areas, great for a family of five). The room includes free bottled water and the breakfast buffet here is one of the best. It is not your typical hotel breakfast. The best thing about this hotel is the staff and service. They go above and beyond to make sure everything about your stay is as perfect as it can be. The lobby bar is also great and serves finger foods so the kids can watch sports on the tvs and snack right in the lobby with all their friends on the team.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family