“NEVER AGAIN!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre
Ranked #307 of 501 Hotels in Houston
“NEVER AGAIN!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I am currently staying in the room now at the Four Points hotel due to the fact our typical hotel, the Westin, was all booked up for the night. This was our only option. Surprise surprise they had plenty of room available. This obviously is sarcasm!
To begin the issues, the hotel is almost on top of the freeway! Secondly, the service as you walk in is not very friendly. They don't even offer you multiple room keys if there is more than one person staying the night.
Next, for what you are paying here you can get a MUCH NICER ROOM at the Westin! Everything here is outdated, over rated, and down right cheap looking. If they spent half of what they did on the entrance on the rooms they might actually be able to attract more guests. The beds are hard as a rock, there is for some reason a "fake" thermostat on the wall. When actually you use the window unit that barely pours out any air. The bathrooms are super tiny. As well as no dressers for you to put any clothes in just two small totes you can use to cram your clothes into. There is only 15-20 channels on the tv, 9 of which don't work.
All in all I would never recommend staying here. I expected way more from a Sheraton owned hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Scatt27,
We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with our hotel’s location and amenities but appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on our hotel. We take our online reviews very seriously and value our guests comments as a means to improve in the future. I have passed your comments along to the rest of the hotel management team so we may look into these issues further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel was certainly close to my office and a wide variety of steak, fish and Mexican restaurants - even a mall with a theater. However, trying to access the hotel at the end of each day was sometimes a challenge when arriving from the westbound access road, and making the quick turn under the I-10 to then cross 3 lanes and make an immediate right up a hill to the parking lot.
Troubled access aside, oddly, while it was so close to the Sam Houston (8) and I-10, I had no trouble sleeping and could not really hear the freeway noise at all. I upgraded to a King Suite and had plenty of room to spread out. I did notice a somewhat damp sort of "summer camp" feel to the hotel, but the forecast did state 70% humidity and lack of central AC with dehumidifier may not have been able to keep up with the elements.
The staff were nice and it appeared from my one dinner at the lobby bar that there were several frequent visitors staying there who ate every night in the hotel.
I would recommend upgrading to the sister property at the Westin Memorial City if you have the chance. They were full this trip so I opted for Four Points.

Room Tip: If you are only staying for a few days - do the Green program where you put the sign on the door eac...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sashamew133,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. While we are pleased to hear you enjoyed certain aspects of your stay, we are disappointed to hear of the trouble you experienced with access to the hotel as well as the AC in your room. I have passed your comments along to the rest of the hotel management team so we may look into this issue further. We hope when you return to the area you will once again choose the Four Points.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there and slept like a baby. I received a late check out and was not disturbed by a knock on my door asking when was I going to checkout. Great location to food establishment and even though it is near the highway I did not hear the traffic

Stayed May 2013
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear rhondalport,
We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us. We couldn't be happier to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the great location we offer in Houston. We're also glad to hear you slept so well in your guest room and our comfortable beds. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Houston.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel, directly after staying at another 4 Points Sheraton and I was pleasantly surprised with this one. The lobby was nice, the restaurant was large and the rooms were huge.

People mention the close proximity to the highways, but this didn't bother me (keep in mind I reside in NYC where it is louder than usual).

If I had to list some downfalls, I would say that the staff was overly friendly during checkout (if that is possible) and the service at the bar was slower than desired. Also- this property is not eligible for the Starwood Double points promotion :(

Disclaimer: The day I was checking out I received a note indicating that this hotel was being transitioned to a new owner. I do not know if this will change the level of service or if it accounts for the excessively friendly service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear CWGators,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel with us. We are glad to hear you found our hotel to be satisfactory, and that you enjoyed our accommodations as well as the overly friendly staff - for the most part. While we are transitioning ownership, we want you to know we strive to provide great service and meet all of our guest's needs at every Four Points by Sheraton. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was a pretty standard business hotel, I had no problems during my stay and there were a few highlights worth mentioning:

Free wifi worked well.

Gym open 24/7, due to jetlag I was in there 4 - 5 am a couple of times!

Nearby bars and restaurants looked nice - I only visited one, " Yard House" which was very busy on a Wednesday night, and had a huge selection of draught beers from around the world, including several British style beers. Very nice for an "Englishman abroad"!

Free car parking.

Although right on the I-10 Katy Freeway, I was not bothered by traffic noise at all. I was on the 9th floor.

There is a bar / restaurant area in the lobby - I did not eat here except for breakfast on one day, which was adequate but unspectacular.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear John J,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel with us. We are glad to hear you found our accommodations and facilities satisfactory for your business needs during your recent stay as well as our convenient location to various bars and restaurants. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Houston.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stay here twice through priceline. One room had a garden size tub and the other was an average size tub. I wasnt too thrilled with the soap dispenser but I guess its there to save on individual packets of soap, shampoo and conditioner. The rooms are a bit cramped, but overall it was an average stay. Nothing Spectular.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I an an SPG Platinum. I have driven by this hotel for 2 years but never stayed there because of the close proximity to I-10 and the noise factor. Last week, I could find no other hotel so I stayed here. My expectations were low because it is an older property next to the highway. When I checked-in, the front desk staff were funny, friendly and helpful. I was upgraded to a suite and it was on the first floor. I never heard any traffic during my 3 night stay. The lobby, restaurant and bar have been refurbished and the room was up to date with everything kept spotless. The room was very nice by Four Points Standards and anyone would feel welcome here.

The adjacent bar and restaurant entertainment/shopping district is very nice and there are enough bars and restaurants to keep you busy for a couple of weeks. It is a 2-3 block walk through construction and a parking area. At night it seemed safe and I did see a lot of people walking about.

The room was spotless and the furnishings were fairly new. For the rate I paid, it was a good value.

The breakfast buffet is adequate and has a variety........nothing huge and nothing fancy... just basic food. The service was good and there is free coffee every morning for guests adjacent to the restaurant.

Free parking is plentiful around the building. I did see a security guard in the parking lot and felt a little better after seeing him. For most business in the area, you will need a car. It's too far to walk to most businesses in this part of town. That could be said of most of Houston.

The internet service was free and did work very well.

Overall, it was a good experience and I'll stay there again next month.

Room Tip: I liked the first floor next to the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Greetings; thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel! We do get a great deal of positive comments about the hotel, along with the quality of the guestrooms. I will share your comments with our staff - they will be so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciated their service.