“The Haunted hotel....ewwww scary”

Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre
Ranked #342 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 19, 2012

What can I say this hotel was average nothing more, I guess its a step up from a motel I guess. I stayed here at this place this past weekend and I was not pleasantly pleased. I was so quick to check out way before check out time. It was very noisey, it had an old timey Titanic type feel. I upgraded for 20 $ it sounded awesome at the time until I got to the room. Bathroom was too small. I did not get any rest as I heard noise all night and not just from traffic. I do not believe in ghost but that particular night I felt there was one right in the room with me. I feel this hotel needs a little more improvement to be in the area its located in and near. I would not suggest this hotel to anyone that wants to catch up on some rest. The customer service was great, but thats all that was great. Its nice on the outside and not so nice on the inside.

• Stayed: November 2012
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Hi; thank you for sharing your comments about your most recent experience, I was dissapointed to read that your visit fell short of your expectations, we typically do receive a great deal of very positive comments about the lobby and restaurant decor along with many positive comments about the teams exceptional customer service levels. The property features over 80 two bedroom suites which are extremely spacious and very popular with our guests. It is evident by your comments that the small bathroom vanity and road noise detracted from your stay and for that I sincerely do appologize. I can assure you that your most recent experience is not indicative of the overall positive experience that our guests typically have. I sincerely do appologize about your most recent experience and do hope we will have another opportunity to impress upon you a more accurate reflection of the hotel.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here 11/13 - 11/16 in a suite. Nice, seperate living room with a nice desk to get work done (traveled on business). Bedroom was clean and quiet. I got a good nights sleep every night. The location to resturants is also good - plenty of options.
Only two "nits" I had was 1) the breakfast buffet is pretty poor, especailly for the price and 2) no dresser in the room. They have these silly boxes under shelves...a little wierd.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Greetings! Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel and your recent stay with us. It sounds like you had an enjoyable visit and were able enjoy some of the neighborhood as well. I will definitely be sharing your comments regarding the breakfast buffet with our chef to see what ideas he can implement in order to make improvements in that area. I am especially pleased to hear that we may have the pleasure of having you back to visit us again - hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

You're right by the highway so it's loud all night. I was "upgraded" to a room right by the elevator, which is also dinging constantly all night. The breakfast is marginal at best--coffee was awful and toast was bland. My TV didn't work and the tub didn't drain during my shower. The only thing that seemed to work was the complimentary shuttle to nearby locations. Prompt and courteous driver. But that's not worth booking a room here. If you're gonna spend the money there are plenty of nearby hotels that are cleaner and nicer. I was here on business and my colleagues were at two other hotels in the vicinity and they had much more pleasant stays.

• Stayed: November 2012

Hello - I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, and was concerned to hear of the problems you were faced with during your stay with us. I will share your comments with my staff in order to address each of these issues, and apologize for the inconveniences they presented to you. I understand that your time is valuable, but would sincerely welcome the opportunity to personally discuss this in more detail with you if you would be so kind as to contact me personally. We hold ourselves to very high standards in order to please our guests, and will take all necessary measure to eliminate the possibility of these problems presenting themselves again in the future.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have stayed here probably 20 nights over the past year. The hotel has a nice lobby and bar area and it is located near tons of restaurants. The rooms are average at best. They really need to be updated. The beds aren't great, the carpets are worn and the bathrooms are very basic and getting old. The location is good for business in the area but not for anything else. There is really nowhere safe to walk or run at night. The hotel is OK, nothing great.

Room Tip: Higher floors probably quieter. Try to stay on the side opposite the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark V

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I appreciate your suggestions and will share them with the management team during our planning sessions. It is very helpful for us to hear the opinions of our guests, especially those who visit us on a repeated basis. This enables us to make improvements to our property and service in order to make our guests' stay with us enjoyable. Hopefully while you were with us you were able to take advantage of not only the amenities we provide within the hotel - like the pool, restaurant, and lounge - but also the City Center area which is an easy walk from here where you can find any number of shops, restaurants, a movie theater, and other sources of entertainment. Many of our guests enjoy an afternoon or evening strolling around there, and feel it is quite safe. I hope that we have the pleasure of a return visit from you, and if so, please remember to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service which can transport you other features in the surrounding area. Again, thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your comments.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel was what you expect from the four points brand (which I stay in a lot). It was clean and modern. The rooms are huge. However nothing in our stay went beyond expectations. No one on the staff was rude but not one was exceptionally happy or outgoing that I have come to expect when I stay with the four points. I would stay again if in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Hello – I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We receive a lot of positive feedback from our guests – not only for the hotel itself, but for the efficiency and courtesy of our staff. We do pride ourselves on going above and beyond for our guests, and I will be sharing your comments with them and express your concerns. I am glad to hear that you be back when you visit Houston again, giving us the opportunity to exceed all of your expectations.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were at this hotel late August on a family trip. Had a room on the second floor.Staff was friendly and very helpful, especially because were there with little children.
Didn't eat the hotel though. .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Greetings! Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel and staff. I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable trip with your family, and I am glad we were able to contribute to that by making you feel comfortable and well taken care of. We do have a great location and a lot of nice restaurants, shopping, and various other places to visit for family fun. We are very proud of our own restaurant and hope that you will be back to visit us again and try it out.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The inside of the hotel was pretty nice. We were placed in a room that was on the ground floor facing the parking lot which felt a bit like a cheaper motel, but the room was nice. The shower head flow was very light. I felt like I needed to run around in the shower to get wet. They had free coffee available every morning in the lobby, and I really appreciated that. There was a very strong presence of security in the parking areas which made me wonder if the area was dangerous, but I appreciated their presence. Overall, it was a good experience. Got a really great rate through Priceline.

Room Tip: I would ask for an inside room if you don't want to hear the road noise from Beltway 8 and Inter...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Hello – Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Located near the Houston Energy Corridor and the ever-popular City Center, our location has a lot to offer. We get a lot of positive reviews from visitors who not only enjoyed the many amenities we offer in our hotel, but also enjoyed being safe and comfortable strolling the streets of City Center and the great shopping and restaurant choices there. It is a very safe area, but we feel the safety measures provided by us and the management at City Center not only give visitors an extra sense of security, but they keep traffic flowing, and parking secure. We certainly hope you will be back to visit again. Once your reservation is booked, please feel free to speak with a member of our staff to help us accommodate your specific needs. Based on availability we will try our best to choose the perfect room for you where you will be comfortable and relaxed.