“Great deal for the price & location”

SpringHill Suites Houston Medical Center/NRG Park
Ranked #155 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Austin, Tx
“Great deal for the price & location”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I lucked out & got a super low rate for 2 nights for a short notice trip to MD Anderson. I didn't really "need" a suite but it was fine. The shuttle to MDA is convenient but I found that van a little harder than others to get in/out of. I'm limited mobility so it might be fine for others. They offer free wifi in the rooms, free parking, and free breakfast (didn't try it though) there are lots of good restaurants in a 5-10 minute drive ... Shops too. If I needed a longer stay I might choose one that had room service being unfamiliar with the area, etc. Again that might just be personal preference. They did a good job.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Christine L
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Medical Center/NRG Park, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Christine L,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites Houston Reliant Park. We appreciate you selecting our hotel, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback is important to us, so we’re happy to hear from you. Thank you again for writing. We hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Dwan Lightfoot, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We needed to be at MdAnderson and needed a hotel that was close.
This hotel was very nice. We had a 2 queen bed suite. It included 2 beds, microwave, fridge, sink, and a separate living area with couch, chair, TV, and desk. Very spacious and nice amenities.
On Monday night they had a little thing downstairs that had free wine/beer and yummy appetizers. Believe it is from Monday-wednesdays at night for a couple of hours.
Breakfast is nice has a wide variety of options such as waffles, fruit, muffins etc.
They also have a small little shop downstairs that you can buy snacks and frozen food options.
Free shuttle to MdAnderson that runs every half hour. That was nice!
The area has several restaurants, fast food, grocery stores around within a half mile. You could even walk to a few of them.
Staff is very friendly and accommodating with what we needed.
I will return to this hotel when I return.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Medical Center/NRG Park, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
guesstraveler,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Houston Med Center. It’s great to receive your kind comments on our spacious accommodations, friendly staff, and the wonderful variety of amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again for writing.

Devin Frank, General Manager
Talladega
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were in town because my husband is a cancer patient at MD Anderson, and this hotel was recommended by friends who are also patients. The staff was nice, the breakfast was good and the room was nice. However on check out day, my husband had an appointment after check out time, so we had them to hold our luggage. They did so gladly. But when we came back later, we waited a while because our flight was later. I asked the person at the desk to call us a taxi. Not long after, a town car pulled up. Funny thing is, the time before in Houston, we stayed at the Rotary House and this same driver and town car pulled up after requesting a taxi. When we got to the airport, he charged us $20 more than the taxi had coming in. So when he pulled up this time, I said no thanks, we'll wait on a taxi. He immediately dropped the price $10, but it was still more than a taxi. I asked the woman at the desk if she called a town car instead of a taxi and she said, "yes because they are the same price". I said no they aren't. I'm not sure if these hotels really believes that or if they are getting something in return from this particular driver. I will stay here again when my husband has his next appointment but I'll call my own taxi next time. It's not nice to try and screw cancer patients!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa J
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Medical Center/NRG Park, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Lisa J,
Thank you for writing a review. Your feedback is important to us because it allows us to hear directly from our guests and make improvements to provide a more satisfying experience. I sincerely apologize for your unhappiness with the airport transportation arrangements. I have addressed this issue with our staff. I'm glad you liked our hotel otherwise, and we look forward to seeing you when you return. Thank you again.

Pikesville, Maryland
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Front desk staff friendly and helpful enough. Rooms while dingy and somewhat run down, seemed basically clean. Bed was very uncomfortable; carpeting did not look particularly clean. I don't know why hotels don't change out carpeting to laminate which is much more durable, easier to clean and allergen-free and far more hygienic.

I was supposed to stay two nights, but checked out the next day as I am not sure if there were bed bugs in my bed or not. I did find a dead bug, however, it looked like a tick, but I have never seen a bedbug. I did have several insect bites on my legs and ankles. Either way, I had no more interest in staying there and was able with work to get a reservation at a B&B in the Heights for about the same cost; slightly more, but included a full breakfast and a very clean room.

If the Hilton Americas had not have been booked, I would have moved there at considerably higher cost. I used to live in Houston and worked in the downtown area, but I find the downtown and medical center hotels very disappointing in how run down they have become. Perhaps there are not enough hotels to accommodate the number of visitors.

I doubt that I would stay at this Springhill Suites again. I stay frequently at the Marriott Courtyard Six Flags at the Rim and find this Marriott Hotel a terrific place to stay due to their attention to detail in all matters.

Room Tip: In this case, almost every hotel in Houston was fully booked; even calling the hotel directly and ta...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank SweetBlueCat
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Medical Center/NRG Park, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
SweetBlueCat,
Thank you for your review. We apologize that your stay with us was not a satisfying one. You feedback is important to us. We take any issues of pests extremely seriously and performed a thorough inspection upon receiving your feedback. The results were negative, but we did take extra precautions to ensure the room does not contain pest of any kind. We appreciate your business and hope you'll choose us again on your next return to the area. Thank you again for writing.

Dwan Lighfoot, General Manager
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Check in was quick, my room was spacious and tidy, and the breakfast had much to offer. My room was great with a fridge and micro, much needed for leftovers and traveling. I stayed right next to the outside stairwell and it was much quieter since it was at the end of the hallway. The only thing i have an issue with is that it felt like an older room, even with the newer remodeled lobby area. The sheets were threadbare, pillows were really out of shape, the a/c unit made lots of noise and never really felt at the right temp and the wear in the bathroom was noticeable. Not making me want to leave, just enough to notice.

Room Tip: The higher or lower the numbers means edge or corner rooms. 328, 428, 528 etc. I would stay in thos...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Medical Center/NRG Park, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
LVSquared,
Thank you for your review on your stay with us at SpringHill Suites. We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in our spacious rooms. We appreciate hearing from you and receiving your feedback. We hope you’ll have another opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed at this property due to its proximity to Reliant Arena (you can see Reliant Stadium from the hotel). Because it is not near a freeway it was quiet and peaceful. Plenty of restaurants nearby. The continental breakfast was above average and even had sugar-free syrup for the waffles; this is a big deal for someone on a low or restricted sugar diet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cdav2TX,
Thank you for your review on your stay with us at SpringHill Suites. We appreciate you choosing our hotel while visiting Reliant Arena. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our quiet and convenient location and found the breakfast selection to exceed your expectations in meeting your dietary needs. Please plan to visit us again the next time you’re in town. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights for an event at Reliant Center. The hotel is about a 1/2-mile away so you could walk to escape the stadium parking if you wanted to. The room was great. Having a separate living room and bedroom makes it so much more comfortable. The bedroom was at the back of the suite, so even if some noise was in the hallway, you didn't really hear it in the bedroom. The breakfast was good, and they even had complimentary popcorn and bottled water in the lobby one afternoon. The exercise room was small but well equipped. There were many restaurants in the immediate area, along with a Super Target and other grocery stores. This hotel is a good choice for any events at Reliant Center, or if you needed to spend time at any of the nearby medical facilities.

• Stayed April 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Medical Center/NRG Park, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
MLNC,
Thank you for your review and kind comments about our great hotel. We’re happy you chose to stay with us while in town for an event at Reliant Center. It’s great to hear you found the location convenient for your travel needs, your room comfortable and the fitness room well equipped. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you’ll visit again soon. Thanks again.