“Great value and close to Medical Center.”

SpringHill Suites Houston Medical Center/NRG Park
Ranked #156 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We like this place because it's close to Texas Children's Hospital and is affordable (we've used it at least once every 4 months for two years now).
We love that it has two "rooms" in the suite so our child can go to sleep while we wind down after our trip. I also appreciate the minifridge so we can store his medicines and some drinks.
The rooms and bathroom are basic and clean (some paper/doors a little worn). It has free wifi and a nice (and early!) continental breakfast.
And the front office staff is wonderful.

Room Tip: The handicapped-accessible rooms on the first floor have a less desirable room/furniture layout than...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Medical Center/NRG Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Susan C,
Thank you for staying with us at SpringHill Suites. We're delighted to hear from you, and we're glad your visits with us are pleasant. I'm pleased to know that you like our spacious suites, great breakfast, and terrific staff. We hope to continue to provide a nice, comfortable place of rest for you and your family while in Houston. Thanks again.
Dwan Lightfoot

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms! Comfy for 4 adults. 2 queen beds & sleeper sofa. 2 TVs. Best price around hospitals. 24 hour on site security.
Pool & hottub nice & heated, but dark needed more lights at night. Great free hot breakfast + more than you could want.
Definitely would stay here again. Shuttle to hospital was easy & dependable.

• Stayed: January 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Medical Center/NRG Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Louisianatraveler11,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your visit with us at SpringHill Suites. It's great to hear that your visit with us was comfortable and pleasant. I'm glad you liked our spacious suites, delicious complimentary breakfast, and very convenient shuttle service. Should your travels bring you back to our area, please come and visit us again.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Customer service very pleasant. Room clean with living room area. Micro/frig/coffee maker with sink in area. Decent amount of TV channel options, self serve laundry available. Nice hot breakfast each morning. Free 3 mile shuttle. Price very reasonable. Wouldn't think twice to return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trusted01
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Medical Center/NRG Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Trusted01,
We're happy to hear from you and learn of your pleasant stay with us. I'm glad you liked our property, staff, and breakfast buffet. It's good to know you found our rates reasonable too! Please plan to stay with us again. We look forward to it.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I recently stayed here while my husband was in the hospital for surgery. My first impression when I entered the hotel was the cleanliness of the common areas and the friendliness of the hotel staff.
The room was comfortable, the separate living room was great for unwinding after a stressful day.
The hotel offers a free shuttle service to the medical center and nearby businesses. This is a great benefit for those unfamiliar with the area. The hot breakfast was also more than what I expected and at the end of the day there was always a treat waiting for guests as they returned to the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a clean reasonably priced place to stay near the medical center.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Medical Center/NRG Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

er0917,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites. We appreciate having you as our guest, and we're glad you had a pleasant visit. I hope we were able to add a little comfort for you during a stressful time. I'm glad you liked our hotel and staff. Best wishes to your husband and a speedy recovery! Thanks again.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is a great property. The staff is top-notch, always seem to go the extra mile! It looks a bit older on the outside, don't let that drive you away, it is brand new on the inside. The breakfasts are always hot and fresh! Yum! Also, the breakfast area is always clean! That is not always the case elsewhere. There are multiple attendants each morning who treat this like a full-service restaurant. Short walking distance to the Light Rail Train. My message to GM & Staff --> you EARNED Five stars all around!

Room Tip: great views from floors 5-6-7
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Medical Center/NRG Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

demaileron,
Thank you for your five star review. We're glad you stayed with us and enjoyed your visit. I'm pleased you liked our hotel and found our staff friendly and helpful. We hope you'll have another opportunity to come and visit us again soon.
Dwan Lightfoot

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This property is generally okay, and its people generally quite good, but there were a few sticking points on this, my second stay.

First, my Platinum status was not recognized when I checked in. No offer of points or a market item. No room upgrade. No Platinum keys. Disappointing when you consider my status is glaring out from the screen right under the nose of the person checking me in. Folks, I spend more nights in Marriott properties than I do my own bed at home. For that sort of loyalty, yes, I expect to be treated much better than the unwashed masses. Deal with it.

Second, the tub drain in room 711 is so slow, I wound up standing in ankle-deep water each morning during my shower. Nobody proactively checks the drains for proper operation between guests? Disappointing.

Third, the desk in the guest room still has only ONE electrical outlet. If your aim is to attract business travelers, keep in mind that we have MORE than one thing we wish to plug in at the desk. Put a two-gang duplex outlet on the wall just above the desktop surface. It's not rocket science, guys.

Forth, the glacial speed of the elevators. Oh, they move at a decent rate ONCE YOU GET ONE. The problem is that the operation of the cars in response to the call buttons must have been programmed by drunken monkeys. Plan on a 5 to 10 minute wait to get an elevator whether you're in the lobby or on the 7th floor.

Fifth, no Dr. Pepper in the market. You're located in Texas, guys. Dr. Pepper was invented in Texas. The Dr. Pepper museum is located in Waco, Texas. Do your Southern friends a favor: Stock Dr. Pepper in the market.

On a positive note, the bed was quite comfortable. Some may consider it too soft, but I liked it. The hallways don't stink like they did on my previous visit, and it was nice to have a working ice machine only steps from my door. Parking is decent, and I always appreciate automatic sliding doors at the property entrance.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Medical Center/NRG Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

hpdp,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you chose to stay at SpringHill Suites. I'm glad you liked our comfortable beds, spacious suites, and friendly staff. I have read your comments and will act upon them accordingly. We're glad to have you as a Platinum member, so I apologize for any inconveniences you incurred during your stay with us. Please plan to visit us again as we hope to provide a more positive experience for your third stay.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because it was close to MD Anderson hospital and because it had a living area since I was supposed to stay for a week. This is an older hotel that has been renovated. The beds were very comfortable. The living area was good because you have separation from the sleeping area. It has a microwave and mini fridge which is convenient for snacks and warming up food. The front desk staff was very helpful and nice. The continental breakfast was good with hot food such as eggs, sausage, and grits. They had waffles, cereal, pastries, bagels, coffee, and juice. There was free wifi and there was a good variety of TV channels. The only two negatives were the bathroom which was small and the water had a mildew smell some of the time and the walls were kind of thin so you could hear through the walls. I was supposed to stay all week, but didn't have to after seeing the doctor, so the hotel let me check out after two nights without a penalty. So even with the negatives, I will stay there again if I have to go back to MD Anderson.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Medical Center/NRG Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Renea910,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your experience with us at SpringHill Suites. We're glad you chose to stay with us, and we're happy to have had you as our guest. I'm pleased to hear we were able to provide a comfortable bed, spacious room, and delicious breakfast for you. If you do come back to Houston, please plan to stay with us again. We'd be delighted to have you as our guest again.