“I love this Hotel”

Ranked #23 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I love this Hotel”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I had a recent 1 night stay at this hotel. The room was nice. The bed was so comfortable so I had a really good night sleep. After a very long flight to Houston it was so refreshing to have a front desk person / staff that checked me in efficiently and quickly. I ordered room service and the person that took my order was amazing. She was great. I really wish I had her name so I could acknowledge her by name. She also was the one that delivered my room service. Just a pleasant & professional employee. My only complaint with this hotel is that they charged me $ 29.23 to valet my rental car for 1 night. I think this was ridiculous and taking advantage of business travelers. So the valet parking rate is the only thing that I would not recommend about this hotel based on my recent 1 night stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
OperationsMan, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to comment on our hotel and I am delighted to here that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay. I will be sure to check with our valet manager on the pricing to make sure are competitively priced. Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, United States
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This year I've traveled to Houston quite a bit, and I've been staying at the Omni Galleria Hotel. I can't say enough positive things about this hotel. It's a beautiful property and the staff are simply amazing. There's not one request I've made that hasn't been fulfilled. Even when I was having an allergy emergency at midnight (when the hotel store was closed and the shuttle was not available), the manager on duty located allergy medicine for me. Wow, that's going above and beyond.

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Another fine stay at one of the wonderful Omni hotels. Although somewhat older, this one is very well kept up and attractive with upscale and stylish general areas such as the lobby. As a Black member of the Select Guest frequent sleeper program, I was upgraded to a suite which was very nice. My only minor gripe could be that the amenity provided was merely some fresh fruit, whereas some other Omni's would give bottles of wine or sumptuous sweets plates. Sounding spoiled as I write this ... the grapes were sweet anyway.

Very easy to reach from the 610, just take the exit Woodway/Memorial and drive on Woodway for less then a mile to find the Riverway clearly marked with Omni in red on your left hand.

Unlike at the more sprawling Omni at the Westside, here parking costs money but free parking can be found down the Riverway within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
OperationsMan, Owner at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful experience at our hotel. I will be discussing our amenity options with the appropriate staff in hopes of coming up with some new ideas. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit with Omni. Sincerely.
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Its a great hotel for business and leisure in a great location in Houston, right near the Galleria. Food is really excellent. Definitely stay here! It far exceeds expectations. They do everything right, Omni guest select also has good perks!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Excellent but the AC could be better. The rooms air was a bit poor. Staff Excellent, Room Cleanliness was also excellent and would definitely stay there again just that this time I will let them be aware of the AC situation and how that can affect someones stay.

Santa Fe, United States
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Houston as the venue for my company's Christmas party. It was a nice get-a-way. Didn't like paying $17 for parking. I believe guests should have free parking. Call me "country", but I like having a mini fridge and this hotel did not have one... well other than the fully stocked one that you have to pay for.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OperationsMan, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to comment on our hotel and we are delighted to see that enjoyed our facilities. We will review your comments with the appropriate managers in hopes the remedy the opportunities that may have encountered. Sincerely.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed at hotel overnight after company Christmas party. Got discounted rate because of company discount for party event. Slow check-in, hard pancakes on breakfast buffet that costs $17 per person. Room was hard to keep warm during cold night maybe due to large window. Bed was very comfortable but closet too small for 2 people. Housekeeping rude about bringing 2nd set of bath toiletries. Will not recommend hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel and I am glad you enjoyed the holiday event that you attended. I apologize for the inconveniences that may have accrued to you and we will be addressing those opportunities with the appropriate manger to rectify them. Sincerely.