“Solid Choice for Houston”
Review of Omni Houston Hotel

Omni Houston Hotel
Ranked #25 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I always stay at Omni hotels when possible as the level of service is always very good. The Houston property, just north of the Galleria area, is perfect for my typical 2-3 day stays. Rooms are large with comfortable beds, bathrooms are nice, and floors are typically quiet. Like that I get free Wi-Fi and water in the room as a select guest member. The gym is very good with a nice collection of machines, fresh fruit, and orange or lemon infused water. After staying at a few newer Omnis recently (Dallas, on Lamar and downtown Ft. Worth), this Omni is probably just a few years from a major renovation as it shows its age a little. Don't get me wrong, very clean and very well preserved, just a little dated. will stay here again next month.

Room Tip: #725 had a nice view of the pools and fountains behind the hotel.
There are newer reviews for Omni Houston Hotel

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed at this hotel to attend a Wedding and reception nearby at St. James Place. Excellent hotel, great service, attention to detail by the staff. Nice room overlooking pool and fountain interior lobby very pleasing, highly recommend this hotel when in the Galleria area.

Room Tip: facing the pool and foundation, which is south west.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay at the Omni Houston Hotel. We are very pleased you found the location to be so ideal and that you enjoyed your stay overall. We appreciate your feedback and do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I decided to arrive in Houston a day early to accommodate and early morning meeting the next day. So I grabbed a room here for one night close to HQ. From check in to check out my stay was magical.

As a select guest my room key were waiting for my arrival and I was greeted by the front desk person with a welcoming smile as the bellman followed me to my room suite. My suite was awesome and spacious to include a bidet in bathroom.

I could not wait to get to dinner after a long drive from Dallas.

The fitness center overlooked the patio and pool area. Nice equipment and everything functioned as designed. I enjoyed breakfast and in hindsight I thought I should've planned my entire week at this location. As I checked out and hurried to the office I can only hope my stay at the Omni Houston Westside will be just as impressionable.

I only wish I had time to visit the spa...

Room Tip: Suite 542 did not have a great view. However, for the upgrade to include a living and separate bedr...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We always enjoy hearing from well seasoned travelers such as yourself and are delighted to hear that your stay at the Omni Houston was such a magical experience. We definitely look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Houston.

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Location is close to the Galleria, with plenty of nice restaurants. Hotel is clean and well kept. Staff is superb. I left my travel jewelry box there and it was promptly returned with all contents! Would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013
Chris C, Director of Operations at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thanks your for your kind words. We appreciate the feedback, especially about the returned item! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Second visit. I came back to a flashing light on my phone. Called. No messages. Called front desk. No messages. Asked to turn off the flashing light. Never done. Two blackouts in as many weeks. This is obviously beyond the hotel control. But what they do in a blackout is different. A call and flashlight in the room would have been nice. Fruit loops on my floor when entering the room day one. And the final problem. Very dirty carpets in the lobby. Skipping into 3 star obscurity.

1  Thank BackPackGuy007

We are very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent visit with us. We will definitely look at our response to situations such as the blackout that occurred during your stay. And while we apparently fell short this time, we always strive to have a clean environment for all of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, and we hope that you will come back for another stay and give us a chance to make your stay with us as enjoyable as we know we can.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I just had a very pleasant stay at the Omni Houston close to the Galleria. The hotel staff is friendly, the rooms and bathroom are large and clean and the room service really works. The place is quiet and the beds are very comfortable, which means a good recipe for a wonderful night of sleep! I cannot rate it as excellent for one sole reason: breakfast is just so, so. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: April 2013
Chris C, Director of Operations at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for the great comments, very helpful. I am so sorry about breakfast, this is normally one of our highest rated amenities in the hotel. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a beautiful hotel! The easy check-in started my stay with a smile. The decor of the room was pleasing to the eye and extra points go to the adjustable shower head!! I travel frequently and after a long flight, there is nothing greater than a hot shower after I get settled in my room.
Complimentary water on ice was waiting in my room when I arrived.

Breakfast was a real treat. All the food was fresh. Hector was wonderful. Made me feel right at home.

Complimentary pressing for 2 pieces of clothing was a nice bonus. I hate ironing!!!!
Entire staff were so pleasant. Thank you for a memorable stay.

1  Thank LizR416
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and welcome to Omni Hotels & Resorts! We are very pleased to hear you had such an amazing stay at the Omni Houston Hotel and that so many aspects of your experience were first rate. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back very soon!