Omni Houston Hotel
The Houstonian(Houston)
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
1,932 results
All reviewsthe black swanmokara spanoe grillselect guestgalleria areamemorial parkself parkinggreat hotelpool arearoom servicefour seasonsbusiness tripfitness centershuttle serviceweddingvaletconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have to say I didn't stay at this hotel but was stationed here for work during a large event. The front desk staff, concierge, and valet were excellent and extremely helpful. They make it seem as if there isn't anything they won't do. The pool area is almost resort like and the grounds nicely maintained. I wouldn't hesitate to consider staying here if needing a hotel in the area of the Galleria, just beware if you are looking to be in walking distance of the mall/retail/restaurants in the Galleria area, this hotel is not in walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback of your interactions with our staff and impressions of our property. We do hope you choose to stay with us in the future if you ever need overnight accommodations in our area.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I'd been to the Omni for events, but never an overnight stay. It was great to stay in a nicely appointed Galleria area hotel without all the hustle. The grounds here are beautiful, in fact you follow a 'meandering' drive up to the secluded property that shares acreage with an apartment building and a commercial building or two. There's an expansive outdoor area with a pool and various terraces.

The lobby area is nice and the staff at the front door and front desk were extremely friendly. Check-in was quick. When I headed up to the room, I knew from the layout of the hallway that I was in for a 'treat' of a larger room. I wasn't disappointed. Although not a suite set-up, you'd be plenty comfortable for a week-long stay. Lots of drawer space, smaller closet. The bed and linens were realllly comfortable! I couldn't help but wish I could have slept in or stayed another night!

I was there for an overnight conference and give two thumbs up to the banquet staff. Extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating. I was really impressed that our menu was chosen to match the Mardi Gras season. Not your typically Tex Mex, barbeque or rubber chicken meal; seemed like thought was put into this menu rather than what might usually be served at a business gathering. Our group invaded the lobby bar after dinner while waiting for the 'legendary' Swan Club to open (at 10 p.m.). I wouldn't say this is a place I'd seek out for a hot date night or anything, but if you're staying at the Omni with no transportation, you can have fun. Not at all trendy; people in my group were dating it older than 20 years.

The only complaint, if I had one is the parking. Fee parking versus free parking was a little confusing and a little bit of a walk from the hotel. Oh, I was a little concerned about the 'complimentary' Internet. I saw that on the hotel website before I arrived, but was charged a fee. I didn't really see anything in the room or during the hook-up that stated that there was a fee. Other than these two things, this was a great, albeit short visit and I would definitely plan a return weekend getaway/staycation.

FYI, the items I checked as average were ones I didn't experience/use. Can't attest to value as I have no idea what the cost was.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

We are glad you had such a great stay at the Omni Houston and appreciate all of your feedback! We are delighted to hear all of your interactions with the staff were so wonderful and that so many aspects of your stay from the layout of the room to the various food & beverage offerings were enjoyable. We do offer free wifi when you sign up for our Select Guest Program which only takes a few minutes and is complimentary and also includes many other perks which are a great benefit. We apologize if there was any confusion surrounding the wifi costs or if it was not clearly enough defined in our collateral or on the login splash page. Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and we hope you will return soon!

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at this property, beautiful lobby...as it was weekend before Valentines Day many dressed up ppl having a good time.

Join the loyalty program for expedited check in and free glass of champagne.

Rooms and beds very nice and comfortable.

My complaint was the bathroom, tub was old and cracked tiles, dirty grout. The tub was slow to drain in the evening.

The next morning I was awoken at 8:00am by maintenance working in the room next to me, sounding like plumbing work but it was so loud! I looked forward to sleeping in late but that was not an option. I called down and complained and it quickly stopped.

• Stayed: February 2013

We are very pleased to hear that overall you had a very enjoyable experience at the Omni Houston. We are disappointed to hear of the issues with the bathtub and the early morning maintenance work and have forwarded your comments to our Director of Engineering. Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with this review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have now stayed there 6-8 times in recent years and find the property consistently great.
Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The nicer restaurant is quite good and very comfortable. If you need to be in the area of the Galleria, this is the place to stay and actually delivers a good value for the price. My only beef...they seem to be sold out frequently and I am then forced to stay at other local hotels that simply do not deliver.

1  Thank Joe S

Thank you for your review and for choosing the Omni Houston Hotel each time you visit our area. We are very pleased to hear each stay has been so wonderful and that our staff is so friendly and helpful. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you back very soon!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Although their email confirmation had my correct name, the front desk had difficulty finding my reservation because it was filed under a misspelled name; I had to dig out my confirmation number for them to locate it. They said they would correct the spelling of my name, but later when we were in our room I tried to get onto the internet unsuccessfully, because they had not corrected the spelling of my name.

Also, join their "Select Guest Program" to get free internet, otherwise their internet charges are exorbitant.

Very soft unstable mattress; they said they would bring a new one, but instead just another old one. Then they said they had no new ones. Finally putting the bed on a "platform", which I guess was a bedboard, made the mattress acceptable.

Internet unstable. Goes out for periods of time from a few minutes to about 30 minutes, intermittently. Also signal sometimes very weak. No IT people on site; their IT help source is not knowledgable or helpful.

Service, otherwise, is excellent. I think they really try. Beautiful lobby, with places to sit and converse. Valet parking $27 per day, depends on staffing as to when you can reach them on the phone or see your car. Rooms well sized, but low wattage bulbs and worn discordant furniture. Bathroom small with old fixtures.

Lobby and halls very cold. Had to ask three times to have bar area heat raised.

Excellent concierge services.

Nice buffet breakfast, but bacon overly cooked.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MarshBruce

While we are happy to hear that you found our staff to be excellent and that your stay overall was good, we are very disappointed to learn of the maintenance issue in regards to the comfort of your mattress. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and lack of appropriate follow through to resolve it. This is certainly not indicative of the level of service we typically provide and your feedback has been forwarded to our engineering staff to review what occurred. We do hope this experience does not deter you from considering the Omni Houston Hotel for any future stays in our area and thank you again for providing us with this feedback.